Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most Pleasant Surprise from Vancouver 2010??

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    And so..why you didnt send ME to bed Miss?
    LOL I would have but I went unspoiled that night, so I wasn't on the boards!

Custom Title
    For the pairs: Evora/Ladwig. I loved their SP. Pang/Tong's great performances.

For the men's: The young ones like Ten, Borodulin, Amodio, Brezina. Javier's Jack Sparrow. Stephane finishing his SP spectacularly even after the botched jumps. Johnny's wreath of roses to crown his lovely skating. Daisuke, Daisuke, Daisuke.

For ice dance: Reed/Reed's Japanese folk dance (Fans!), Coomes/Buckland's performances, Crone/Poirier's Bohemian Rhapsody, Samuelson/Bates. Team Marina and Igor's stupendous twizzles. Tessa and Scott's effortless Mahler--their previous outings of their FD were not as perfect as this Olympic one, in my opinion. I couldn't believe my eyes. :D

For the ladies: Ksenia Makarova. Mirai's breakout performance. Mao landing all three promised 3As (Huge!). Joannie's brave skating. Yu-Na's flawless LP, as the only versions I've seen were the TEB one (she popped a jump) and the GPF skate (Akiko was the breakout performance there).
    Last edited by Ren; 02-27-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Custom Title
    Yuna unaffected by the curse of a favourite lady
    Mirai unaffected by the curse of skating last
    Asada landing three 3A
    Joanne's nerve of steel
    S/Z and V/M taking the gold

Custom Title
    My figure skating Olympics worked out pretty nicely.
    Shen and Zhao gold.
    V/M gold
    Marina and Igor's teams silver and gold in ice dance
    Marai Nagasu's placement
    Frank Carroll's gold medal

I don't really enjoy Evan's skating but I respect game day performers and he was one. I'd have been happier with Johnny Weir winning but that wasn't going to happen, so I'm satisfied with him skating great.

My two biggest wishes were Shen and Zhao and V/M. I honestly didn't dream that Frank Carroll would finally coach a skater to a gold medal -- that was a bonus.

As well I thought the figure skating judging was actually fair, which is amazing.

On the Ice
    The nicest surprise was the judging - mostly fair! A few blips of course, but amazingly the skaters that I thought should win, won!

Custom Title
    The biggest surprise was the FAIR JUDGING. Totally unusual...

The nicest surprise was the judging - mostly fair! A few blips of course, but amazingly the skaters that I thought should win, won!
    ITA. The right people won, in every discipline. The dance still throws me for a loop.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    The biggest surprise was the FAIR JUDGING. Totally unusual...
    Haha, yeah. I was sure they were going to give K&S a medal in pairs even with their fall! The only thing that may not have been fair was D&S in 3rd in dance, but at least they weren't put 1st. I think eight years ago or so, they might have been no matter how they skated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2