Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Brian to do a Test skate in order to go to Worlds

  1. #16
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    837

    0 Not allowed!
    I think Brezina is the future for his country, not Verner.

  2. #17
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia, United States
    Posts
    5,593

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    I think Brezina is the future for his country, not Verner.
    Agreed. But a lot could happen in coming years. Verner had really good results when he was Brezina's age. Brezina should try and get out of Europe if it's possible unless he wants to end up like Joubert and Verner.

    Oddly enough, Joubert and Verner probably have the best quads of all the men, but consistency kills them. Most classic Verner moment of the year was when he did a sick nasty monster
    4t-3t to open his SP at the GPF, got 2.0 GOE for it, then singled his axel and his lutz :banging:. If he could do that 4-3 again and land all his other jumps, he could probably beat Plushenko for pete's sake! Honestly, those jumps just look so easy for him I have no idea why he pops so many of them all the time...
    Last edited by silverlake22; 03-02-2010 at 12:57 PM.

  3. #18
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,093

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Agreed. But a lot could happen in coming years. Verner had really good results when he was Brezina's age. Brezina should try and get out of Europe if it's possible unless he wants to end up like Joubert and Verner.

    Oddly enough, Joubert and Verner probably have the best quads of all the men, but consistency kills them. Most classic Verner moment of the year was when he did a sick nasty monster
    4t-3t to open his SP at the GPF, got 2.0 GOE for it, then singled his axel and his lutz :banging:. If he could do that 4-3 again and land all his other jumps, he could probably beat Plushenko for pete's sake! Honestly, those jumps just look so easy for him I have no idea why he pops so many of them all the time...
    Maybe he should try Japan

    What the solution for Verner is, I have no idea

  4. #19
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia, United States
    Posts
    5,593

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    Maybe he should try Japan

    What the solution for Verner is, I have no idea
    Japan, Canada, or the US are probably the best bets. And I know I feel so bad for Verner, he's so talented but has seemed really sad this entire season

  5. #20
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,236

    0 Not allowed!
    I was just thinking.. The 15th? That's pretty late; like a barely a week before Worlds.. Are Ponsero and Préaubert really training all out now that they have a shot at the World Team?

  6. #21
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,293

    0 Not allowed!
    Woah Brian..I didn't see this post. Wish Brian luck.

  7. #22
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hungary, Europe
    Posts
    942

    0 Not allowed!
    Today is the day...

  8. #23
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,649

    0 Not allowed!
    Good luck to Brian today.....

  9. #24
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Hungary, Europe
    Posts
    942

    0 Not allowed!
    Preaubert: clean SP, clean LP

    Joubert:
    SP: 4T+2T combo, but fall from 3Lz,
    LP: fall from 4T, downgraded triple

    Ponsero did not participate in...

    No decision yet...

  10. #25
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,649

    0 Not allowed!
    ^^ Thanks for the update. Since Preaubert was clean they will probably send him instead of Brian.

  11. #26
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia, United States
    Posts
    5,593

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaba22 View Post
    Preaubert: clean SP, clean LP

    Joubert:
    SP: 4T+2T combo, but fall from 3Lz,
    LP: fall from 4T, downgraded triple

    Ponsero did not participate in...

    No decision yet...
    Nooo Brian! I'm so sad , I love Joubert so much I really hope he gets it together soon, I hate seeing him upset.

  12. #27
    Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,012

    0 Not allowed!
    Things could have been worse for Brian... But with Preaubert clean? When will we know?

  13. #28

  14. #29
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Virginia, United States
    Posts
    5,593

    0 Not allowed!
    Brian's going! Yay!

  15. #30
    On the Ice rosee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    369

    0 Not allowed!
    Of course Brian was going to worlds, it was already decided even before the test :sheesh:
    It was more a test to see Joubert's shape than a selection test for Worlds. Let's not fool ourselves, Ponsero wasn't...

    On other news Canac & Coia split so James & Bonheur took part alone in test and Yannick had some difficulties with the jumps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •