Brian to do a Test skate in order to go to Worlds | Golden Skate

Brian to do a Test skate in order to go to Worlds

Nadine

Record Breaker
Wow, that's just really sad, its come to this. Yes, I understand completely, but still its sad.

This reminds me of famous actors that have fallen so much they get to the point that they have to *audition*, which in itself is a huge step down & an embarrassment.

:thumbsup::rock:GOOD LUCK, BRIAN, GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!:rock::thumbsup:

Trewyn

Medalist
Wow... I'm shocked! But I guess it's necessary to send the strongest team since it decides the number of places for France for next year... Is Brian definitely retiring after this season?

Kypma

Final Flight
I think it had originally been decided that it would be Joubert and Amodio for both the Olympics and Worlds, but after Brian's performance at the Olympics, the committee is going to reconsider -- if the others can place better than him, they earn their place on the World Team based on their performance on said test day.

Ximena

Final Flight
Wow... I'm shocked! But I guess it's necessary to send the strongest team since it decides the number of places for France for next year... Is Brian definitely retiring after this season?

If I'm not wrong, Brian said he will stay until Worlds 2012 since they will be held in France

Layfan

Record Breaker
Oh, that is so wrenching for Brian. I really hope he makes and does a good job at worlds.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Wow. I wonder how bad Brian can be before they give it to Preaubert or Ponserro. Pretty strange.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I think Brezina is the future for his country, not Verner.

Agreed. But a lot could happen in coming years. Verner had really good results when he was Brezina's age. Brezina should try and get out of Europe if it's possible unless he wants to end up like Joubert and Verner.

Oddly enough, Joubert and Verner probably have the best quads of all the men, but consistency kills them. Most classic Verner moment of the year was when he did a sick nasty monster
4t-3t to open his SP at the GPF, got 2.0 GOE for it, then singled his axel and his lutz :banging:. If he could do that 4-3 again and land all his other jumps, he could probably beat Plushenko for pete's sake! Honestly, those jumps just look so easy for him I have no idea why he pops so many of them all the time...

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Agreed. But a lot could happen in coming years. Verner had really good results when he was Brezina's age. Brezina should try and get out of Europe if it's possible unless he wants to end up like Joubert and Verner.

Oddly enough, Joubert and Verner probably have the best quads of all the men, but consistency kills them. Most classic Verner moment of the year was when he did a sick nasty monster
4t-3t to open his SP at the GPF, got 2.0 GOE for it, then singled his axel and his lutz :banging:. If he could do that 4-3 again and land all his other jumps, he could probably beat Plushenko for pete's sake! Honestly, those jumps just look so easy for him I have no idea why he pops so many of them all the time...

Maybe he should try Japan :yes:

What the solution for Verner is, I have no idea :cry:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Maybe he should try Japan :yes:

What the solution for Verner is, I have no idea :cry:

Japan, Canada, or the US are probably the best bets. And I know I feel so bad for Verner, he's so talented but has seemed really sad this entire season :eek:hwell:

Trewyn

Medalist
I was just thinking.. The 15th? That's pretty late; like a barely a week before Worlds.. Are Ponsero and Préaubert really training all out now that they have a shot at the World Team?