Mao plans to keep skating for 2014 Sochi | Golden Skate

Mao plans to keep skating for 2014 Sochi

ademption

Rinkside
Good for her. I like her spirit of not giving up. I wonder if she will decide to leave Tarasova for another coach in the coming months? Wasn't Tarasova ill a few weeks/months ago--before the Olympics?

I hope that Mao chooses to skate to music that is best suited for her bright personality and emphasizes her strengths. I would like to see her improve her PCS scores in the coming years...

Gymfan15

On the Ice
I sort of took a break from figure skating just around the time Mao started to make her rise, and I never have really seen her as the exuberant, bright skater that I know she is inside. Would love to see Mao get a "make-over" to a much more light and joyful Mao that can charm and delight audiences for years.

I am so thrilled to hear this! Mao is an extraordinary skater, even without the axels. I'm thrilled for the chance to see her continue. There's something emotionally magnetic in her skating that always pulls me in. (Even with that unsuitable Rachmaninoff dirge she skated to this year. Hope she puts that one in mothballs real soon!)

Marrymeyunakim

On the Ice
The best program in the past two years has been her 2008/2009 Clair de Lune SP. Simply magic.

Hopefully she leaves all the heavy music aside and skate like she's truly enjoying it.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Someone mentioned Mao's best program... My favorite will always be her 2007-2008 SP. Forgot the name, but you guys probably all know which program I'm referring to.

Trewyn

Medalist
Someone mentioned Mao's best program... My favorite will always be her 2007-2008 SP. Forgot the name, but you guys probably all know which program I'm referring to.
I think you mean Ladies in Lavender... Gorgeous music! My favorite program too!

tommyk75

Rinkside
One more vote for the 07-08 SP. I've been Youtubing some of Mao's past performances, and it made me even more sure that her current style doesn't suit her. She has an ethereal, joyous beauty about her skating, and the almost Gothic style she has now just wraps her in darkness instead of the light she naturally possesses.

Moxie

On the Ice
Not a surprise, but sounds good to hear it again. It meshes well with her plans to be a 10-time JNats champion. :p

janetfan

Match Penalty
Is there official word that she's leaving Tarasova??

I think the word is that Tat has been promoted and is the official head of Team Mao.

Do Mao's advisors believe Tat will want Mao to win in Sochi when there will be new Russian Ladies making a run for the podium, including one that Tat is working with? :think:

Last edited:

miki88

Medalist
I think the word is that Tat has been promoted and is the official head of Team Mao.

Are Mao's advisors silly enough to believe Tat will want Mao to win in Sochi when there will be new Russian Ladies making a run for the podium? :think:

I don't think TAT is like that. I think she admires Mao a lot and vice versa. Anyways, I don't think TAT is really changing her role that much. I mean she's already just an advisor. :sheesh:

janetfan

Match Penalty
I don't think TAT is like that. I think she admires Mao a lot and vice versa. Anyways, I don't think TAT is really changing her role that much. I mean she's already just an advisor. :sheesh:

Maybe - but it seems that Tat admires Mao alot more when Mao is winning - and not so much when she is losing. :eek:hwell:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I assumed she would continue to Sochi, especially since not winning the OGM. I am happy to see her skating for the next olympic cycle and hope that she can stay healthy and find herself as a skater.

miki88

Medalist
Mao, I hope you improve and go for another Olympics, if only to avenge NBC's total disservice to you in their coverage. I can't believe NBC failed to mention Mao when they recapped the ladies.

hurrah

Medalist
Mao, I hope you improve and go for another Olympics, if only to avenge NBC's total disservice to you in their coverage. I can't believe NBC failed to mention Mao when they recapped the ladies.

NBC airs propaganda for the one that pays the most.