Great Hersh piece on Yu Na | Golden Skate

Great Hersh piece on Yu Na

For once I don't think you guys will jump on him.
Never have athlete and artist been more perfectly balanced than they are with Kim. Never has a skater with both those qualities displayed them so flawlessly in the sport's most important competition.
Hamill already thinks Kim belongs in the sport's pantheon.

"She has jaw-dropping magnificence," Hamill said. "The height of her jumps, the power, the fluid beauty of her skating are like magic, and there is also a modernness about her."
http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-olympics-figures27-2010feb27,0,7502334.story

dlgpffps

Final Flight
I never thought I could like a piece from Hersh.

I like these parts in particular:
Never have athlete and artist been more perfectly balanced than they are with Kim. Never has a skater with both those qualities displayed them so flawlessly in the sport's most important competition.

Should Kim not continue beyond this season, one could argue whether an Olympic gold and perhaps two world titles are enough to give her mythic dimensions. Orser admits longevity "would be nice" and adds, "I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back."

Hamill already thinks Kim belongs in the sport's pantheon.

"She has jaw-dropping magnificence," Hamill said. "The height of her jumps, the power, the fluid beauty of her skating are like magic, and there is also a modernness about her."