Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Your TOP 5 MOST UNDERSCORED/OVERSCORED programs from the Olympics?

Rinkside
    All I want to say is "Is every lady did her 3Z-3T?"

I come to think it's very easy when I began to read all the over/underscore thread...
    Yes there's several 3-3s, but 3Z-3T with 2A-3T, extra 3Z and 3F is done by only one lady.
    I don't think 3A is the most fabulous & hardest thing to ladies unless there's no question about the quality.

Custom Title
    I actually didn't have too many issues with the scoring. I thought Flatt's 3t and 3lz in the SP were UR, but both her 3f in the LP looked fine so she got docked for it in the wrong program but it means the outcome should have been the same. If Rachael's flips in the LP had been ratified though I think her score would have been higher than Mirai's which I don't agree with because I find Mirai to be a much more complete skater.

I think Mirai got hurt in the SP because she skated so early but I think a lot of the FS scores had to do with when the skaters went. Like I think Mirai deserved her 126 but I think had she been in the third group it would have been lower, maybe 115 or 120. Kiira's score would have also been a bit higher I think had she skated later. I didn't really have any issues with Lepisto's marks - she finally landed her triples in the FS and her performance was stunning, she has nice edging and good speed and was a joy to watch. Leonova I think would have gotten a higher FS score had she skated later, she landed 7 triples and even though 3 had bad landings I think she could have gotten a higher score than 110. The scores were all really high on Thursday, so I'm just wondering if this trend will keep up in all the competitions following the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I actually didn't have too many issues with the scoring. I thought Flatt's 3t and 3lz in the SP were UR, but both her 3f in the LP looked fine so she got docked for it in the wrong program but it means the outcome should have been the same.

Custom Title
    Over scored like crazy were Plushenko PC marks for both SP and LP (disgusting really, and turning the competition into a farce) and Dom/Shab OD and FD. It will be painful to watch 4 years from now. Over scored also for Z&Z. This team is meh. Undisputed wionner but the score was too big: Kim.

A bit over scored were D&D and Chan and Asada LP.

Underscored? C&P CD and OD.

Custom Title
    to me the whole competition was overmarked--
    especially the ladies--
    what was wrong for me the judges are supposed to impartial--they wasn't why- check out their scores from this year and previous years and all of sudden their was a jump of 30 points for yu-na- joannie 10 points, yes her mother died -but judges are supposed to score by what they see on ice- not by what they heard off of the ice etc.not where they skate-what email etc. (politics) sorry but it just goes to show how much the judges pay attention to politics, what happening off the ice then on. joannie skated decent but didn't deservie 131.28 in the long. if you look closely at the video-her initial score outscore mao- replay -mao initially came out with a 130.78 -but when it printed up it comes up a 131.78.
    the scoring was overmarked all disciplines- it seems thy almost followed the inflated scores from the country nationals.
    yes skating was good- but the judging /scores was horrible to point of rigged. go back in the year and who they stated was going to win 2nd, 3rd, came to play-and it happened.
    miria higher score than at nationals.
    yu-na skated about same at teb and higher score.
    scoring horrible-sorry to repeat

Medalist
    Underscored:

1. Johnny Weir SP and LP

2. Belbin/Agusto were underscored throughout the whole competition

Overscored:

1. Patrick Chan SP and LP....enough said.

2. Dominina/Shabalin FD
    Last edited by SweetPea21307; 02-27-2010 at 02:51 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I guess it's funny. I'm pretty impressed that Rachael managed to score a 117 with two downgrades though, she probably could have gotten 125+ if they had been ratified! I'm proud of the two American girls!

Overmarked
    Shen and Zhao SP and LP (especially LP)
    Yuna Kim SP and LP
    Rochette SP and LP
    Lysacek SP and LP
    This post was apparently meant just to spice things up at the board.

My only definite overscore would have been Plushy's PCS. He was definitely gifted to stay no worse than silver.

I'm in the minority: I thought the judging was excellent. I loved being able to see the CoP immediately after the skate on VANOC's site and say, "oh, so that's what they saw." It often changed my "wuzrobbed" thought to "oh, okay, now that makes sense."
    Last edited by Sk8n Mama; 02-27-2010 at 01:48 PM.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Mao Asada SP, LP were underscored. (see explanation below)
    Rachael Flatt LP was underscored. Random downgrades. Her flips were fine, as good as Mirai's questionable flip that's clearly rotated on ice. At Skate America, Sandra was saying how she had so much transition, hard transition, going into her 2 lutzes. None of that was reflected in her GOE.

I just watched Figure Skating Review/Preview with Terry Gannon, Kristi Yamguchi, and Peter.
    Peter: 3A-2T harder jump
    Kristi: harder jump, yes. Mao got lower GOE on a much more difficult jump combination
    Michael Weiss: Mao Asada 3A-2T, which blows my mind that it's not worth more. I mean, you ask any guy in figure skating that if they'd rather do a 3A-2T or a 3F-3T or 3Z-3T, they would always say the triple triple combination is easier. The front end take off on the triple axel is much harder so the fact that it's lower... A woman did a 3A-2T in a short program and I think that should be valued higher but Yuna gained her points because she executed well.
    Terry Gannon: Do you think that they will go back and weight the 3A more?
    Michael Weiss: Absolutely, the 3A and 4T are the most difficult jumps to do and should be rewarded I don't want it to be a jump contest, I like the other aspect of the sport, I like things to be executed really well. a 3F-3T executed well should be worth more than a bad 3A.

So there you have it, all 3 thought the 3A-2T are a much harder combination than the 3Z-3T and the base should be worth higher. However, they would give higher GOE to Yuna and higher base to Mao. In reality, Mao got lower base and lower GOE. Real skaters have spoken and unanimously agreed that 3A-2T base should be higher.
    Thanks for sharing this. I like Michael Weiss's comments. Very balanced. Did they say anything about Flatt? I have no idea what anyone is saying about her UR calls aside from her coach since I can't get NBC.

Custom Title
    If you leave out the Dom&Shab OD and FD inflated scores and C&P underscore in the OD, dance was decently scored. I would have the top 2 teams scored a little higher, simply because I want V&M to own the best score recorded in ice dance and as of now, they are 2nd to N&K.

V&M are better than N&K. D&W over at least B&A also makes a lot of sense.

Top 5 Underscored

1) Johnny Weir LP
    2) Belbin and Agosto FD
    3) Belbin and Agosto OD.. they were basically underscored the whole time
    4) Langlois and Hay SP
    5) Denney and Barrett LP

Top 5 Overscored

1) Domnina and Shabalin FD
    2) Domnina and Shabalin OD
    3) Dube and Davison SP
    4) Jeremy Abbott LP
    5) Rochette LP (sorry)

Custom Title
    Top 5 Underscored:

1.) Kozuka SP and LP
    2.) Johnny Weir LP
    3.) Mirai SP
    4.) Brezina SP and LP
    5.) Oda SP

Top 5 Overscored:

1.) Dube and Davison SP
    2.) Lambiel SP and LP
    3.) Joannie SP (I thought the FS score was fine considering the scores of others)
    4.) Domnina and Shabalin FD and OD
    5.) Jermey Abbott LP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. I like Michael Weiss's comments. Very balanced. Did they say anything about Flatt? I have no idea what anyone is saying about her UR calls aside from her coach since I can't get NBC.
    Everyone was surprised. Since she's not in contention, no one said anything more than that.
    I suspect they held her down just to make sure had there been a splatfest, she would still be down enough to keep her off the podium. I forgot who said this but the first flip should definitely be rotated because she still had enough speed to execute the 3T. The second 3F, Scott said it was borderline and should go to her.

I'm really proud of Rachael and think she deserves 4th place. Her score should be really close to Joannie's 3rd place though.

On the Ice
    I know. Kidding.

Terry: Did you feel that [pressure] in 92?
    Kristi: No, the pressure was on Midori. Leading up to the competition was the triple axel, the triple axel, the triple axel. And the whole question was can my program hold up to her program with the triple axel. I felt like I was the underdog coming into the Olympics. And I played that way, I kept telling myself that and deflected the pressure.

So, from first hand source, Kristi was the underdog in '92, not co-favorite like some posters said before.
    Hmm, that does not mean Krsiti was the underdog. From her quote, it was a strategy...to lessen the pressure for her, and very smart of her. She was definately the co-favorite with Madori going into the '92 Olympics. She knew she had to have the 3Lz-3T with a better program to fight off Madori's 3A.

Custom Title
    Everyone was surprised. Since she's not in contention, no one said anything more than that.
    I suspect they held her down just to make sure had there been a splatfest, she would still be down enough to keep her off the podium. I forgot who said this but the first flip should definitely be rotated because she still had enough speed to execute the 3T. The second 3F, Scott said it was borderline and should go to her.

I'm really proud of Rachael and think she deserves 4th place. Her score should be really close to Joannie's 3rd place though.

You don't think Mirai deserved 4th? Mirai was awesome! I think Rachael should have been 5th or 6th, I'd have her about even with Miki at this event.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast