Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Your TOP 5 MOST UNDERSCORED/OVERSCORED programs from the Olympics?

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tetana View Post
    To be honest,,,

little bit Overscored
    Mao
    little bit Underscored
    Joannie

Actually I expected Joannie would get 2nd rank when she was finished. I think she was underscored because Mao was overscored. Mao is a so talented girl. However, her jumps in olympic lp were very messy and her interpertion just didn't match with the music at all. I thought some jumps should've been downgraded. However, if i consider she performed just after Yu-na, maybe she should've gotten some advantages unlike the others, so maybe judges did good works. That's why I was satified with the result. In another side, I don't know it was fair for Joannie, though.
    Yes, I have a problem with the ladies' Olympic silver medalist having only 3 different types of triples in her LP (Axel, flip, and loop). Mao didn't attempt a 3Lutz or a 3Salchow at all and she singled her 3toe attempt, only doing 4 triples in total (with the 2nd 3flip being badly under-rotated and downgraded by the panel). I guess having 7 triples (5 different types) like Joannie doesn't matter anymore to the judges.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-28-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I had Rachael at 4th, Mirai at 5th, Miki at 6th, Lepiseffingtoe at 7th.
    You mean you didn't have Rachael 1st,......

I thought she skated her best - but unfortunately her best is just not good enough.

The worst finish by by a US Lady champion at the Olympics in over 50 years, and yet she said she was pleased with herself.

After the Ladies LP's Button said Rachael is a steady performer. He couldn't bring himself to say anything more about her. Regarding Mirai, he said she has it all and has the talent to become a world champion.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    You mean you didn't have Rachael 1st,......

I thought she skated her best - but unfortunately her best is just not good enough.

The worst finish by by a US Lady champion at the Olympics in over 50 years, and yet she said she was pleased with herself.

After the Ladies LP's Button said Rachael is a steady performer. He couldn't bring himself to say anything more about her. Regarding Mirai, he said she has it all and has the talent to become a world champion.
    Yep...there is no way Rachael should have been 4th. Her posture was poor..her shoulders were slumped...her energy seemed forced...it all affects the presentation. Mirai on the other hand had lovely positions....she is very balletic in her movements.

Give the kid a break! She's only competed at 1 senior Worlds prior to these Games where she finished 5th. It wasn't expected of her to medal at these Games and she should be pleased with herself. It's not like she had a meltdown! For someone of her international status, 7th place at the Olympics is a respectable finish, I think. I certainly didn't expect her to finish higher than 5th here, no matter how well she skated.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Yes, I have a problem with the ladies' Olympic silver medalist having only 3 different types of triples in her LP (Axel, flip, and loop). Mao didn't attempt a 3Lutz or a 3Salchow at all and she singled her 3toe attempt, only doing 4 triples in total (with the 2nd 3flip being badly under-rotated and downgraded by the panel). I guess having 7 triples (5 different types) like Joannie doesn't matter anymore to the judges.
    Being the only woman to ever do 2 triple axels has some bearing....as it should...it was amazing.

Give the kid a break! She's only competed at 1 senior Worlds prior to these Games where she finished 5th. It wasn't expected of her to medal at these Games and she should be pleased with herself. It's not like she had a meltdown! For someone of her international status, 7th place at the Olympics is a respectable finish, I think. I certainly didn't expect her to finish higher than 5th here, no matter how well she skated.
    I said Flatt skated her best. I realize that is the best she can do and being consistent is a nice accomplishment many skaters lack.
    As to her finishing 4th - sorry but that is not how the judges or many other people saw it.

I hope Flatt can skate a little better at Worlds - maybe clean up the mistakes in her SP and then she might get a higher placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan View Post
    Being the only woman to ever do 2 triple axels has some bearing....as it should...it was amazing.
    I tend to think the overall program should have more bearing, not just a single jump element. Joannie's program as a whole was much stronger than Mao's.

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    Overscored:
    DomShab's OD & FD - hot mess that doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the podium
    Plushenko - there was no real program or choreography, yet he received high scores
    Lysacek - nothing special about him that would make him a true olympic champion
    Chan's FS

Underscored:
    everyone who suffered from the overscoring, especially Belgosto and Johnny

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I just rewatched Mirai LP again on my DVR to make sure. Yup, both flutzes. Her flip looked to be URed as well, but wasn't called on.

I saw Lepisto the moment Flatt was in 2nd place. Her 3-3 shouldn't be 1.8 GOE. She was totally off axis on her second 3T and overrotated a bit on the landing. Her lutz was wonky. Her 3Sal+2Toe had absolutely no flow coming out. It's like on a stand still after the 2T. Laura Lepisto has good basic skating skill, but what she did wasn't a 126+.

I stand by my choice. Rachael in 4th. Mirai in 5th. Miki in 6th. Lepisto in 7th.

I don't mean winner as in Olympics winner. I truly admire a student-athlete and think Flatt is an overall winner. How many girls can solve partial differential equations and do triple triple? Flatt!!!!!!!!!!
    I did not know that they teach how to solve partial differential equations in high school these days. Wow, that's pretty impressive.

Worst of Olympic skating was D/S winning a medal.

Even with the use of props to help their jumps and transitions they still were not good enough.
    Their skating was also slow and a bit sloppy.

Worst of Olympic skating was D/S winning a medal.

Even with the use of props to help their jumps and transitions they still were not good enough.
    Their skating was also slow and a bit sloppy.
    Belbin/Agosto had an uninspiring, blah OD and FD too though, so I have no problem with the bronze of Domnina/Shabalin. Personally, I wish Delobel/Schoenfelder could have finished with an Olympic medal though. The timing was all wrong for them to do that though.

Mashimaro on Ice
    I tend to think the overall program should have more bearing, not just a single jump element. Joannie's program as a whole was much stronger than Mao's.
    But the triple axel is not just one jump. It's the most difficult jump for women and it's special. So in that sense, it should bear a little more weight. Joannie's program in my opinion was a bit overscored. I would have placed Mirai over her in terms of overall quality.

Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    But the triple axel is not just one jump. It's the most difficult jump for women and it's special. So in that sense, it should bear a little more weight. Joannie's program in my opinion was a bit overscored. I would have placed Mirai over her in terms of overall quality.
    I'll just agree to disagree with ya!

Custom Title
    ITA. Actually Rachael did about the same as she did at World's. I can't comment on Lepisto's performance, if she should or should not have been ahead of her (NBC didn't show it), but one of the people ahead of her this year who wasn't ahead of her last year was Mirai, who wasn't at World's last year.

Frankly, I am disgusted at the animosity towards Rachael. I agree she didn't have the best long program music and costume, but I doubt she choreographed it herself. Someone on her team let her down by trying to make her skate to music better suited for a much more delicate girl, but Rachael did nothing wrong. She didn't fall, she didn't make any errors at all visible to the naked eye, she skated to her blah music in her blah costume about as good as anyone could have. Frankly, her artistry was way above Miki Ando's, yet nobody carries on about her. Oh, but she's a beautiful Asian girl, but Rachael is an average looking Caucasian, along with those other villianesses of figure skating, Kimmie and Sarah. My bad.

Custom Title
    Belbin/Agosto had an uninspiring, blah OD and FD too though, so I have no problem with the bronze of Domnina/Shabalin. Personally, I wish Delobel/Schoenfelder could have finished with an Olympic medal though. The timing was all wrong for them to do that though.
    Im rewatching the Dance competition and sadly I'd have to agree about Belbin&Agosto, at first I felt bad for they being dumped , beacuse the overscorins for DomShabs was so shamelessly obvious but they also didn't performed to my expectations. I guess they knew they were being left off and didnt put the heart in it. Frankly now I believe the real team who was robbed of bronze was Faiella&Scali.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast