Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Your TOP 5 MOST UNDERSCORED/OVERSCORED programs from the Olympics?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ms9421 View Post
    Hey Flatt was under score on both your idoit, Also you people need stop this hate towards Americans, Rachael Flatt Hell alot better Person than you people act on these dumb boards . Sick world wining like babys when we win these medals. Racheal deserve to be aleasts Third. She never complian about once and I know who did it Russia! not People of that country but the JUdges push by the Goverment which I have no love lost with that country for tring to Nuc my family FL in 1960's. Thay continue shoot themselves in the foot.
    If you think Flatt was underscored, what about Leonova? She landed 7 triples in the FS and got 110. I agree that Flatt was a bit underscored in the LP but not in the SP, she is a good jumper but all her other qualities are not up to snuff with the top ladies.

Rinkside
    Overscored -- Yu-na Kim. She would've won anyway. She did not need to have outrageously high PCS scores to do so.

Underscored -- Johnny Weir, in both short and long programs (most especially the latter). He was robbed of the bronze medal; he did not get the PCS scores he deserved and actually got higher scores for _technical merit_ -- an artistic skater getting higher in technique is something I never expected, nor wished to see. And the crowd knew he was robbed, too -- so did Plushenko. (I think one of the reasons Plushenko was a tad off in how he presented his program is because he had to skate after Weir, who brought the house down, then did not get the scores he deserved.)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I don't understand how people can complain about Rochette being overscored when she scored about the same as Asada doing 7 triples (1 step out) while Asada only had 4? If anything, Nagasu is UNDERSCORED.
    2 of the triples are in sequence, so both triples lost 20% of the base value.
    Asada had 4, but 2 are triple axels, which are more than 4 triple toes.
    If anything, Rochette is overscored for the SP.

On the Ice
    top 5 underscored:
    1.elene gedevanishvili sp
    2.Mukhortova/Trankov SP
    3..Kozuka LP
    4.Weir LP
    5.daisuke sp

Custom Title
    Since nothing was really expected of Rachel and Mirai and both skated respectably I feel no real surprise that Rachel felt good about her performance. She did all she was could possibly do. I was not disappointed with her. She agruably should have had higher scores in the LP. (Although I felt she got by with a couple of blantant UR's in the short program.)
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    You mean you didn't have Rachael 1st,......

I thought she skated her best - but unfortunately her best is just not good enough.

The worst finish by by a US Lady champion at the Olympics in over 50 years, and yet she said she was pleased with herself.

After the Ladies LP's Button said Rachael is a steady performer. He couldn't bring himself to say anything more about her. Regarding Mirai, he said she has it all and has the talent to become a world champion.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel5555 View Post
    I don't get your judgement about Yuna being overscored. Most of you say that her program was very good and some say that it was the best in the history, but at the same time almost everyone says that she was overscored. But if her program was really that good, it should have much more points than others, it's logical, I guess.
    I think the only ppl who said YuNa's LP at Olys is the best in history are her uber/super fans. Most ppl say she skated the best and deserved to win, but that does not mean she is not overscored. More pts than others is just that she deserved to win, but doesn't mean she is not overscored.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    2 of the triples are in sequence, so both triples lost 20% of the base value.
    Asada had 4, but 2 are triple axels, which are more than 4 triple toes.
    If anything, Rochette is overscored for the SP.
    Rochette may or may not have been overscored in the LP. I'm not sure, because I wasn't keeping score at that point. However, I absolutely do not believe Rochette's SP was overscored. Everytime I think about it, my eyes get teary. She was strength and beauty and heart.

Custom Title
    overscored - Mao's LP. She completed only four triples, barely rotated the triple axels, but still manages to receive 67 in PCS? come on. I've seen others argue that those triple axels were actually under-rotated. well, you decide.

underscored - Rachael's LP. I still don't understand why she got the DG calls on both her flip jumps. wasn't the tech panel actually very lenient to other skaters all night long?
    Last edited by Basics; 03-05-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoPC2018 View Post
    overscored - Mao's LP. She completed only four triples, barely rotated the triple axels, but still manages to receive 67 in PCS? come on. I've seen others argue that those triple axels were actually under-rotated. well, you decide.

underscored - Rachael's LP. I still don't understand why she got the DG calls on both her flip jumps. wasn't the tech panel actually very lenient to other skaters all night long?
    Was Rachael better than Laura? Or Alena who also landed a bunch of triples? At this level the quality of the jumps count. Other aspects are important too. Laura commanded the ice and skated with flair and hit beautiful positions. So did Mirai.

Rachael lacked some of the polish we saw from other Ladies that evening. She completed her program but judges did not give her much bonus because nothing stood out the way it did for some of the other skaters. Slow skating, slow spins, mechanical spirals received a base value but PE counts too. GOE matters and Rachael was only adequate in certain areas.

Different judges might have scored her differently but cautious skating is not going to win at the Olympics. Miki lacked some flair and skated a little slow and just did not shine as she has in the past and was scored accordingly.

I still don't like Mao's program but she did show more than just the 3A's. Her steps were so good and she showed a degree of IN and flair superior to most of the other skaters.

I still get lost at times concentrating on points. I thought the placement was good and that Mao deserved Silver and Joannie Bronze.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Was Rachael better than Laura? Or Alena who also landed a bunch of triples? At this level the quality of the jumps count. Other aspects are important too. Laura commanded the ice and skated with flair and hit beautiful positions. So did Mirai.

Rachael lacked some of the polish we saw from other Ladies that evening. She completed her program but judges did not give her much bonus because nothing stood out the way it did for some of the other skaters. Slow skating, slow spins, mechanical spirals received a base value but PE counts too. GOE matters and Rachael was only adequate in certain areas.

Different judges might have scored her differently but cautious skating is not going to win at the Olympics. Miki lacked some flair and skated a little slow and just did not shine as she has in the past and was scored accordingly.

I still don't like Mao's program but she did show more than just the 3A's. Her steps were so good and she showed a degree of IN and flair superior to most of the other skaters.

I still get lost at times concentrating on points. I thought the placement was good and that Mao deserved Silver and Joannie Bronze.
    I'm talking specifically about the DG calls on her flip. nothing more. If she had been given the full credit for her flip jumps, then, yes, she should've been on top of Laura. score wise at least.
    Last edited by Basics; 03-05-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by GoPC2018 View Post

:sheesh: Well first of all, downgrades are counted in the TES, not the PCS portion. Second, if you think Rachel's UR are unjustified, I dunno why you think Mao's axels should have been downgraded, because Rachel barely has any height into any of her jumps. At least Mao's height on her axels are better than hers.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    :sheesh: Well first of all, downgrades are counted in the TES, not the PCS portion. Second, if you think Rachel's UR are unjustified, I dunno why you think Mao's axels should have been downgraded, because Rachel barely has any height into any of her jumps. At least Mao's height on her axels are better than hers.
    But, the overall execution of jumps does count toward PCS.

Can't you see that I said "barely rotated"? That means, they are on the borderline. They could be ratified by some, but others may argure like I said.

Well, I don't see the difference in height between Mao's and Rachael's jumps.
    Last edited by Basics; 03-05-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Rinkside

Rochette's program was better!

i think definitely Mao's sp & lp was overscored.
    There was no transition at all and no choreography either.

IFS's recent blogging was about the buzzing from the reporters that Mao's 3A-2T was not downgraded.
    i think Rochette ' s program was better choreographed and well presented than Mao's.
    i could feel Rochette's energy from her program and it was really touching but Mao's program was really flatt and the music was just horrible..gosh.

if Mao's jump were downgraded propperly, the medal color would have been changed and also, Nagasu could have been on the podium too.
    Last edited by pearlsister; 03-05-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: skater's name spell editing

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by pearlsister View Post
    i think definitely Mao's sp & lp was overscored.
    There was no transition at all and no choreography either.

IFS's recent blogging was about the buzzing from the reporters that Mao's 3A-2T was not downgraded.
    i think Rochette ' s program was better choreographed and well presented than Mao's.
    i could feel Rochette's energy from her program and it was really touching but Mao's program was really flatt and the music was just horrible..gosh.

if Mao's jump were downgraded propperly, the medal color would have been changed and also, Nagasu could have been on the podium too.
    When did reporters become judges? If you watch the slo-motion, Mao's axels were clearly rotated, but whatever. Rochette's program is better choreographed but she did leave out some jumps though.

Custom Title
    rtureck
    I think the only ppl who said YuNa's LP at Olys is the best in history are her uber/super fans. Most ppl say she skated the best and deserved to win, but that does not mean she is not overscored. More pts than others is just that she deserved to win, but doesn't mean she is not overscored.
    Well, I am a fan of Yuna, I hope I'm not uber, but, of course, who knows... I think almost every competition where Yuna participates she gets "overscored" every time, I think, starting from Worlds 2009. I stated back then and state again, that what happens is that the level of her performance is much higher than the level of her competitors. Said that, her competitors are not bad at all and can perform better. But as they don't do so, scores of Yuna are much better and that's all. I think that, for example, potentially Mao can do much better program with jumps of better quality getting high GOEs. In that case she would score much better than she was scored now.
    I say that just because seeing the protocol I don't see any element that was scored too much... In terms of GOEs - her highest GOE was +2.0. Just a question, if jumps like these don't deserve +2.0, what jumps deserve them? I just can't imagine them. For sure better jumps can be done, that's why there is +3 GOE. But her jumps certainly deserve the GOEs she got.
    Base value - that's just looking at the table. Maybe you think that some elements are rewarded too much and others are not, like 3A, but that's other question.
    PCS - again, nothing really overscored there. Deductions - no comments.

I think it's just hard to believe that Yuna performs so good, but really watching the performances you can see a huge gap between her and everybody else and that gap is just being reflected in the scores.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast