Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Your TOP 5 MOST UNDERSCORED/OVERSCORED programs from the Olympics?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    When did reporters become judges? If you watch the slo-motion, Mao's axels were clearly rotated, but whatever. Rochette's program is better choreographed but she did leave out some jumps though.
    lol did you look at NBC slow mo? It is clear that her second 3A was NOT clearly rotated and

it was more than 1/4 UR. You can hear the commentators questioning it as well.

Tech was just generous to her because she 's the only one to land it. If it was a

men's comp where everybody does 3A it was definitely a downgrade. Also, her 2T is UR as well

(more than 3A actually) but she gets a free pass on that one. It's a joke that people are

complaining about low GOE on her 3A combo. No speed, no distance, no creative

entry/exit, no flow, no impact, not synced with music, no ease...

it just doesn't meet any criteria for GOE. In fact, she's lucky she didn't get negative GOE.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rtureck View Post
    I think the only ppl who said YuNa's LP at Olys is the best in history are her uber/super fans. Most ppl say she skated the best and deserved to win, but that does not mean she is not overscored. More pts than others is just that she deserved to win, but doesn't mean she is not overscored.
    Everyone was overscored that night. If Mao can get away with 130 with that performance I don't think Yuna deserve any less than 150. Also, according to you, almost every single commentators around the world are uber/super Yuna fans then.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnnn View Post
    lol did you look at NBC slow mo? It is clear that her second 3A was NOT clearly rotated and

Tech was just generous to her because she 's the only one to land it. If it was a

men's comp where everybody does 3A it was definitely a downgrade. Also, her 2T is UR as well

(more than 3A actually) but she gets a free pass on that one. It's a joke that people are

it just doesn't meet any criteria for GOE. In fact, she's lucky she didn't get negative GOE.
    Um I did watch the NBC broadcast, but I do not remember the commentators saying it was UR though. The commentators all said that she made history with the 3 3As. GOE is another story altogether but she did rotate her axels. Anyways, according to you who are basing your assumptions on commentators, yet I don't remember hearing any commentator say that Mao did not deserve her score though.

Custom Title
    On the whole pretty much everyone was overscored, but some more overscored than others.

Underscored
    Pang/Tong - SP
    Mukhortova/Trankov - SP
    Amodio - SP
    Borodulin - SP
    Ten - SP
    Weir - LP
    Kozuka - LP
    Kholkova/Novitski - OD & FD (really disappointed at the way they are being dumped, there FD was superb)
    Makarova - SP

Overscored
    Lepisto - LP
    Shen/Zhao - LP (I really feel P/T were robbed)
    Dube/Davidson - SP & LP
    Chan - LP

Tripping on the Podium
    Overscored:
    - Plushenko's short, Lysacek and Takahashi's elements were all superb compared to Plushenko outside of the quad. Spins/Footwork/PCS...
    - Lambiel's short
    - Ando's short, god her pcs marks were inflated, her programs need some serious tweeking.
    - Lepisto's EVERYTHING, I mean seriously how in the world did she get, what a 61??

Underscored:
    Nagasu's - SP, IMO she has the 2nd strongest SP with her elements and very respectable PCS. Good speed, the best spins in the competition. 3rd would have been very acceptable to me. IMO

The rest of the results I could live with.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Callystarr View Post
    Overscored:
    - Plushenko's short, Lysacek and Takahashi's elements were all superb compared to Plushenko outside of the quad. Spins/Footwork/PCS...
    - Lambiel's short
    - Ando's short, god her pcs marks were inflated, her programs need some serious tweeking.
    - Lepisto's EVERYTHING, I mean seriously how in the world did she get, what a 61??
    She has good basic skating and gets level 4 for her spins and spirals with good GOE. Her edging and speed are among the best in the competition. I actually thought her scores were pretty fair here, given that Miki and Rachael got 64 for what they did. Mirai and Gedevanishvilli should have been a little higher in the SP.

Custom Title
    In men I only watched the final group live. In my opinion Plushenko´s freeskate was heavily over-scored in PCS and his technical elements a bit. He had scary airpositions and scratchy landings, from which he mostly did not suffer. Takahashi should have won the silver, not Plushenko with that performance and choreography.

I don´t think that Weir´s freeskate was at all underscored in PCS. If a skater does not bend to the current rules, he suffers the consequences. It is not sensible to bring a 6.0 programme to a CoP-competition.
    Last edited by Jaana; 03-07-2010 at 04:23 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    She has good basic skating and gets level 4 for her spins and spirals with good GOE. Her edging and speed are among the best in the competition. I actually thought her scores were pretty fair here, given that Miki and Rachael got 64 for what they did. Mirai and Gedevanishvilli should have been a little higher in the SP.
    I rewatched Lepisto SP, 3T-2T, 3R, 2A. That's not a 60+ program. Her spins are quite off-centered, especially the camel spin. A lot of cross over, and she appeared to be fast, but because she skated on a straight line without a lot of footwork in between.
    Her spirals were wobbly at best, especially when she changed edge. Did you watch the same program everyone watched?
    Her combo is 5.3 points, Rachael's combo is 9.5 points, Miki's combo is 11 points. The difficulty is 10 fold even though the points don't reflect that.
    Level 4 = pretty euro girl bonus.

Custom Title
    lol did you look at NBC slow mo? It is clear that her second 3A was NOT clearly rotated and it was more than 1/4 UR. You can hear the commentators questioning it as well. Tech was just generous to her because she 's the only one to land it. If it was a men's comp where everybody does 3A it was definitely a downgrade. Also, her 2T is UR as well (more than 3A actually) but she gets a free pass on that one. It's a joke that people are complaining about low GOE on her 3A combo. No speed, no distance, no creative entry/exit, no flow, no impact, not synced with music, no ease... it just doesn't meet any criteria for GOE. In fact, she's lucky she didn't get negative GOE.
    Here is Mao's 3A+2T at the Olympics. http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...er/3A2T_FS.gif

It seems she prerotated almost 1/2 turn and underrotated 1/8 turn. Maybe it could be ratified but its quality was not great enough to receive positive GoEs.
    (I think a guideline on prerotation should be made in the future).

Her 2T seems to be underrotated to me.

Mashimaro on Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by szidon View Post
    Here is Mao's 3A+2T at the Olympics. http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...er/3A2T_FS.gif

It seems she prerotated almost 1/2 turn and underrotated 1/8 turn. Maybe it could be ratified but its quality was not great enough to receive positive GoEs.

But prerotation seems common among many skaters who attempt 3A. If Lysacek can get positive GOE for his much prerotated 3A, then Mao should also get it.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Level 4 = pretty euro girl bonus.

:sheesh:

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    But prerotation seems common among many skaters who attempt 3A. If Lysacek can get positive GOE for his much prerotated 3A, then Mao should also get it.
    How do you know prerotation is common among many skaters? In case of Man's competition, many skaters received UR and negative GOE. I think Mao's big problem is inconsistant and prerotation in 3A.

Quote Originally Posted by szidon View Post

There is a guide line for take-off. For an Axel type jump, a clear backward take-off is considered a cheated take-off. So if the pre-rotation is more than 1/4 turn, then the take-off is more backward than forward and therefore cheated. For other jumps, a clear forward take-off is considered a cheated take-off. The rule does say a poor take-off is -1 to -2 GOE. Perhaps a cheated take-off is a poor take-off.

Banned

Why is everyone ragging on Mao when the same criticism can be directed at Yuna? Yuna underrotated almost every single jump in the program, especially the triple toes in combination, according to the NBC scoring guide I give her a fair scoring of 135 and Mao a 142.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1txhIl5Z-UM

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonbinfan86 View Post
    Why is everyone ragging on Mao when the same criticism can be directed at Yuna? Yuna underrotated almost every single jump in the program, especially the triple toes in combination, according to the NBC scoring guide I give her a fair scoring of 135 and Mao a 142.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1txhIl5Z-UM
    I can see Yuna having a lower score, but I'm sorry Mao just does not deserve a higher score given her popped 3t and UR 3 jump combination. Plus her skating is slow compared to Yuna's and she showed no emotion. Yuna gets huge GOEs for her jumps mostly because she has very difficult entries and transitions going into them - Mao does not. In the case of Mao's 3as, she just strokes for a long time before them with no choreography or transitioning effort and then pre-rotates the jump 1/2 turn. Her 3a seriously only has a little more than 2.75 rotations in the air, so really, why should it get huge GOE?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast