Interview with Evan Lysacek by Michelle Kwan (ABC) | Golden Skate

Interview with Evan Lysacek by Michelle Kwan (ABC)

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Michelle Kwan's Interview with Evan Lysacek (ABC)

Getting to Know Gold Medalist Evan Lysacek
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw8IgDFBQ10

I don't know how I feel about Evan winning gold. Don't get me wrong, he was probably the cleanest of the night, but I don't think any of the performances I saw that night deserved the gold. Not even Plushy with his arsenal of quads. I think the closest for me was Daisuke because he skated with more fire and passion that Plushy and Lysacek did, but he had so many little mistakes. Oh well.:eek:hwell: Congrats, Evan.

Anyway, to get back on-topic just a little bit. Is it just me or does he seem more relaxed and a better interviewee when being interviewed by Michelle? Maybe it's because he knows her personally and they're friends (?), but I've always found his press conferences and other interviews quite ... intolerable. I don't know, I've just never liked his interviews except for this one...

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! What fun to watch Michelle and Evan talking. He really is being a good sport about Plushenko. He could have said something sharp or condescending, and he's been unfailingly gracious, and not at all defensive--and when you think about it, reporters' questions to him often sound as they're asking him, "So, Evan, do you really think you deserve this medal?" That has to sting.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
Evan did seem more relaxed in this interview than most others he has given. I think it's probably because he personally knows Michelle and he is comfortable with her. Thanks for posting this link, it was a great interview! Evan is being so humble and gracious about everything. It seems some reporters are just trying to coax a nasty response out of him regarding the Plushenko issue, but kudos to Evan for not playing their games. :rock:

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Evan did seem more relaxed in this interview than most others he has given. I think it's probably because he personally knows Michelle and he is comfortable with her. Thanks for posting this link, it was a great interview! Evan is being so humble and gracious about everything. It seems some reporters are just trying to coax a nasty response out of him regarding the Plushenko issue, but kudos to Evan for not playing their games. :rock:

It's the hair. No helmet head. Ahhh.... so much better. Evan, throw your hair gel into the Pacific.