Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Short and Long Track Speed Skating

Custom Title

Short and Long Track Speed Skating

Pretty exciting sport. I don't think I breathed during some of those races.

Congratulations to Apollo for his 6th career Olympic medal.

I have faith in the swan futureidol's Avatar
    Congrats to Apolo and JR on the first medals for team USA in Vancouver!!! Silver and Bronze in the 1500m Short Track.

Yay to Apolo's 6th medal and JR's 1st! I actually thought Olivier might have a chance but just imagine all 3 Koreans went down and Apolo won gold with Olivier winning bronze.

Time to watch Moguls!

Now that was some kind of race!!

Feel bad for Charles Hamelin, but I knew after the first lap his legs just weren't w/him tonight. :sad:

They're replaying the Mens Long Track Race from earlier on CTV and I just wiped the drool off the TV *again* after watching Sven Kramer's Gold Medal Race. That man's strokes down the straightaways...So fluid and gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!

Did you all know this was The Netherlands' 100th Gold Medal when you combine both Summer and Winter Games? Considering how much they love their Speed Skating, very fitting that 100th Gold Medal for them comes from *their* sport.

I was so happy to see both Apolo and JR win silver and bronze! Go Washington state!! I wish the koreans had taken the other korean with them.. Apolo would have won the gold! To bad!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I was so happy to see both Apolo and JR win silver and bronze! Go Washington state!! I wish the koreans had taken the other korean with them.. Apolo would have won the gold! To bad!
    Are you kidding me? You win speed skating because you can skate faster than other racers with better technique and strategy, not through some accidental wipe out of the frontrunners.. Lee Jung Su clearly earned the gold here (He's #1 in this distance, so no surprise here). Apolo took silver, but the way he wins races leaves a wierd afterthought. I wish I didn't feel like that. Still, Apolo did win this race fair and square.

Surprised Charles Hamelin didn't make it to the finals. He's a very strong skater. I guess 500m is more of his distance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    That's the Olympic Sprit!!!!!

Mashimaro on Ice
    I guess this is a little off topic, but did anyone find all the Korean skaters to be kinda cute? The Korean who got gold is only 19 too. So young.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I really got into watching this! Apolo was awesome, what a competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    They're replaying the Mens Long Track Race from earlier on CTV and I just wiped the drool off the TV *again* after watching Sven Kramer's Gold Medal Race. That man's strokes down the straightaways...So fluid and gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!
    Sven!

Was watching earlier a report from Mary Carillo when she was in Holland and saw how much the Dutch love the sport (even giving love to Shani Davis). I just love the Orange People! :D

Since Jenn Heil didn't win gold, you think Clara will be the first today for Canada?

I honestly don't know.

When I heard the Men's Downhill had been postponed yesteday, I had a baaaaad feeling about those Gold Medal Hopes.

Today's another day though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure88 View Post
    Are you kidding me? You win speed skating because you can skate faster than other racers with better technique and strategy, not through some accidental wipe out of the frontrunners.. Lee Jung Su clearly earned the gold here (He's #1 in this distance, so no surprise here). Apolo took silver, but the way he wins races leaves a wierd afterthought. I wish I didn't feel like that. Still, Apolo did win this race fair and square.

Surprised Charles Hamelin didn't make it to the finals. He's a very strong skater. I guess 500m is more of his distance.
    You win speed skating because you can skate faster WITHOUT ANY MISTAKES!!! The accident happened because of lack of technique and strategy. You are right. Apolo and JR did get medals FAIR and SQUARE!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! APOLO AND JR!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!

Custom Title
    Right. Now read the comment Figure88 was responding to, in which ks777 wished the crash affected the leader as well as Apolo could win gold.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PROKOFIEV View Post
    You wil spee dskating because you can skate faster WITHOUT ANY MISTAKES!!! The accident happened because of lack of technique and strategy. You are right. Apolo and JR did get medals FAIR and SQUARE!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! APOLO AND JR!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!
    We'll see who can actually skate with technique and strategy as opposed rely on DQ's and accidents to win their medals as the race progresses to the 1000m and the men's relay. I don't think it will be Apolo.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast