If 2011 Worlds Spots were decided on the Olympics results.. | Golden Skate

If 2011 Worlds Spots were decided on the Olympics results..

SamuraiKike

Medalist
How many federations will keep the result or gain/lose a spot when worlds in Torino come??

Here's how they would have turned out:

Pairs:
3 Spots : China, Russia.
2 Spots : Germany, Canada, Ukraine, USA.

I believe this will be the same in Torino. DD may pull up some places but LH will not be high enough to reach the magical 13. Are V/M competing?? I heard Stanislav already retired.

Men:
3 Spots : USA,Japan.
2 Spots : Russia, Switzerland, Canada, Czech Republic, France.

Evan is not going but USA shouldnt have problems with Jeremy & Johnny. Russia may go down to just 1 spot if Borodulin doesnt reach top ten. Switzerland is hopeless without Stephane, and if Joubert doesnt wake up France could end up with only 1 spot and that's gonna suck big time for the top 4 french guys. Canada should send Reynolds instead of Chipeur.

Dance:

3 Spots : USA, Russia, France.
2 Spots : Canada, Italy, Great Britain, Israel.

Both DS and BA are retiring. France will go down to 2 spots without DelSchoes for sure. Russia probably too, but I believe BobrovaSoloviev will start climbing up the standing now they're russians #2. If CronePoirier improve Canada's might just get the 3 spots.

Ladies:

3 Spots : Japan, USA.
2 Spots : South Korea, Canada, Finland, Russia.

US is looking good for reganing the three spots. Will Rochette show up? After her tragey I dont think so. If Yu-Na goes and Min-Jung does as well as in Vancouver, Korea could get 3 spots :agree: And I hope Carolina doesnt implode again only becasue I want to see Valentina competing at Worlds again..

Your thoughts???....

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I thought Plushenko was going to Worlds. Also, if Rochette doesn't come, Canada might end up with only one spot. There is a chance Phaneuf or Lacoste may not be in the top 10, although Cynthia PROBABLY will with some retirements and maybe a better showing.. this Olympics wasn't her best. Annnd ANYONE should be sent to Worlds instead of Chipeur!!!! Ok, maybe not anyone, but Reynolds or Sawyer or even Russell.

Ren

On the Ice
I thought Plushenko was going to Worlds. Also, if Rochette doesn't come, Canada might end up with only one spot. There is a chance Phaneuf or Lacoste may not be in the top 10, although Cynthia PROBABLY will with some retirements and maybe a better showing.. this Olympics wasn't her best. Annnd ANYONE should be sent to Worlds instead of Chipeur!!!! Ok, maybe not anyone, but Reynolds or Sawyer or even Russell.

I thought Joannie was going to Worlds. I've read that there's some kind of agreement signed with the Canadian Fed that an Olympic representative (like Joannie) would follow through with Worlds.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
I thought Joannie was going to Worlds. I've read that there's some kind of agreement signed with the Canadian Fed that an Olympic representative (like Joannie) would follow through with Worlds.

Yeah all canadian olympics signed that agreement, but given Joannie's special situation if she decides to not show up is perfectly understandable. Who was third at nationals, Lacoste or Samson?? cant remember.. they dont stand a chance to keep the 2 spots IMO, Phaneuf was greatly overscored in the LP.

Has Plushenko confirmed he's going??

The french federation is doing a test to see who they send between Preaubert, Ponsero and Joubert. Despite Brian bombing really bad here, he's still a best bet than total headcase Ponsero or always lowballed in PCs Preaubert.

artsciboy

On the Ice
Yeah all canadian olympics signed that agreement, but given Joannie's special situation if she decides to not show up is perfectly understandable. Who was third at nationals, Lacoste or Samson?? cant remember.. they dont stand a chance to keep the 2 spots IMO, Phaneuf was greatly overscored in the LP.

Various articles are reporting that Joannie plans to take time to grieve after the Olympics, but will still be at Worlds. Given how she has said that skating has been like therapy for her, I sure hope she does show up at Worlds as planned. Canada sure needs her in order to retain two spots for 2011.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

I think Joannie will skate at worlds. She is obviously well trained and fit and could even defend her silver medal. She has found strength and purpose in her skating, no use sitting at home and feeling sad. The ladies should have a great chance of regaining the three spots for next year if our girls skate as well as they have been doing.

I am actually slightly concerned for the men, if Jeremey falls apart again Johnny will have to get the scores. our dancers are good, the pairs will so better with so many retirements in that field, but not good enough for three spots.

mishieru07

On the Ice
Is Kim going to Worlds?

I read that she is. Also, all Canadian Olympians are going to Worlds.

For Dance, I think there's a chance that Italy and Canada might get 3 spots, depending on their No 2 teams. B/A, D/S x 2 have already confirmed they won't be going, which makes F/S a likely contender for Bronze. C/P should be moving up in the standings, as will C/L.

Other than that, I don't see much changes to the No of spots. USA might be in a little bit of trouble for Men if Abbott and/or Weir splat. I still think France should send Joubert. I've given up all hope on Carolina and hope Kwak does well; she's adorable!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I read that she is. Also, all Canadian Olympians are going to Worlds.

For Dance, I think there's a chance that Italy and Canada might get 3 spots, depending on their No 2 teams. B/A, D/S x 2 have already confirmed they won't be going, which makes F/S a likely contender for Bronze. C/P should be moving up in the standings, as will C/L.

Other than that, I don't see much changes to the No of spots. USA might be in a little bit of trouble for Men if Abbott and/or Weir splat. I still think France should send Joubert. I've given up all hope on Carolina and hope Kwak does well; she's adorable!

Ah Kwak is going to senior worlds? Yay! Love her! Also what do people think the chances are of the Czech Republic loosing their two spots given the way Verner has been bombing? 19+10 = 29 and you have to add up to 28 or lower for two spots and if they don't do that Verner really has no reason to stick around :cry: Hope he can bounce back!