Haejin Kim (2010 South Korean Gold Medalist).. does anyone have more info about her? | Golden Skate

Haejin Kim (2010 South Korean Gold Medalist).. does anyone have more info about her?

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Haejin Kim (2010 South Korean Gold Medalist).. does anyone have more info about her?

With Yu-Na not at the 2010 South Korean Championships this year, Haejin Kim took the gold medal... (something I was clueless about :confused:, assuming it was "mini-yuna" Min-Jung Kwak since she was South Korea's other Olympic skater). But no, Haejin Kim took the Gold at the ripe old age of... 12!:biggrin: Looking at the protocol sheets... she gave out a demanding performance too, especially for a 12 year old...

Short Program

3F
3Lz+2T
FCSp3
SlSt3
SpSq4
LSp4
2A
CCoSp4

Long Program
SpSq4
3F
3Lo
CCoSp4
3Lz
------- half
3Lz+2T
LSp4
2A
FCSp3
3Lo+2T+2Lo
3T
SlSt3
(The second 3Lo and 3T of the LP were downgraded, but other than that, all slightly positive GOES for every other element in her SP and LP.)

She has only skated at the South Korean National Championships... I tried searching for a video of her skate on YouTube, no luck. Does anyone have any other information on this young lady or a video of her recent skating? Those are some impressive marks for anyone, let alone someone who is 12! I wonder if the next skating phenom is on the rise....

bethissoawesome

On the Ice

Thank you so much! She is a very talented girl/young lady. I believe she will be age eligible for 2014 Sochi.. though it would probably be one of her first international competitions if she is. She has 4 years to polish her technique, work on spins, etc... she has a lot of potential to be quite a skating sensation in a few years. Hopefully Yu-Na's OGM will inspire her even more!

ryoko

Rinkside
Thank you so much! She is a very talented girl/young lady. I believe she will be age eligible for 2014 Sochi.. though it would probably be one of her first international competitions if she is. She has 4 years to polish her technique, work on spins, etc... she has a lot of potential to be quite a skating sensation in a few years. Hopefully Yu-Na's OGM will inspire her even more!

Her teammate So-yeon Park (I'm not sure about the spelling) is also a skater to watch out for. I think they are same age.

pista04

On the Ice
It'll be interesting when the day comes that we see Flatt, Nagasu, Zhang and Wagner fending off the youth of Haejin Kim, So-yeon Park, Elizaveta Tukt. and Adelina Sotnikova.....and, at 12, that day could be in Sochi. Verry interesting.

ETA: While I haven't focused on them a whole lot, seeing as our top ladies are 16 themelves, I could see Gao, Kiri Baga and Kawamura being the next American stars...but, as we learn time after time, ice is slippery.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
It'll be interesting when the day comes that we see Flatt, Nagasu, Zhang and Wagner fending off the youth of Haejin Kim, So-yeon Park, Elizaveta Tukt. and Adelina Sotnikova.....and, at 12, that day could be in Sochi. Verry interesting.

ETA: While I haven't focused on them a whole lot, seeing as our top ladies are 16 themelves, I could see Gao, Kiri Baga and Kawamura being the next American stars...but, as we learn time after time, ice is slippery.

Kawamura? She finished like 2nd to last at nationals this year, it appears she has lost almost all her triples since having a growthspurt. She is very flexible though and has a nice 2a and presence on the ice, hope she can get her jumps back!