Mao wants to do a quad at Sochi in 2014 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Mao wants to do a quad at Sochi in 2014

Nadine

Record Breaker
PS: curses on the JSF!!!!!!:mad: Yukari gave you a decade of her heart, soul, blood, tears, and body, and yet this is how you repay her. In fact, that was the first thing that came to my mind when Mao finished 2nd at the 2010 Olympics. May karma bite you in the posterior, JSF.

These are the medals that Yukari Nakano brought home to Japan, honor her:

*2 gold JGP medals, 2 silver JGP medals, and 1 bronze JGP medal.
*gold medalist at 2000 Jr. Japan Nationals & silver medalist at 2001 Jr. Japan Nationals.
*bronze medalist at 2001 JGP Final.
*silver medalist at 2002 Jr. Worlds.
*silver & bronze medalist at 4CC's respectively.
*1 gold Sr. GP medal, 4 silver Sr. GP medals, and 4 bronze Sr. GP medals.
*1 bronze Sr. GP Final Medalist.
*3-time Japan Nationals bronze medalist!

Yet despite all this glory she brings home to her country, she gets left off the Olympic Team in 2006 & 2010.

:love::clap:THANK YOU, YUKARI-CHAN, FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL MEMORIES!!!!!!!:clap::love:

SXTN

Final Flight
It should be exactly like edge calls, marked as wrong and then left to the judges to dock the GOE, the base point value of the jump is then left unchanged.

no please not... skaters like elena glebova would automatically get -2 and skaters like yuna kim still positive goe ...

i don't think we will ever see a quad by mao.. this is just talk ! she should get her missing jumps back plus a 3-3. and in order to get better goe she also needs to work on her prerotation issue with her flip and her weird toe-technique.. i think the judges really ding her for that now because i have noticed that she barely gets more than +0.5 for her flips and flip-combos this season

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
PS: curses on the JSF!!!!!!:mad: Yukari gave you a decade of her heart, soul, blood, tears, and body, and yet this is how you repay her. In fact, that was the first thing that came to my mind when Mao finished 2nd at the 2010 Olympics. May karma bite you in the posterior, JSF.

These are the medals that Yukari Nakano brought home to Japan, honor her:

*2 gold JGP medals, 2 silver JGP medals, and 1 bronze JGP medal.
*gold medalist at 2000 Jr. Japan Nationals & silver medalist at 2001 Jr. Japan Nationals.
*bronze medalist at 2001 JGP Final.
*silver medalist at 2002 Jr. Worlds.
*silver & bronze medalist at 4CC's respectively.
*1 gold Sr. GP medal, 4 silver Sr. GP medals, and 4 bronze Sr. GP medals.
*1 bronze Sr. GP Final Medalist.
*3-time Japan Nationals bronze medalist!

Yet despite all this glory she brings home to her country, she gets left off the Olympic Team in 2006 & 2010.

:love::clap:THANK YOU, YUKARI-CHAN, FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL MEMORIES!!!!!!!:clap::love:

Wow, thanks for the recap. That is sad about Yukari. I always thought she was a gorgeous skater despite the leg wrap. And yeah she got shafted! I hope her efforts are appreciated regardless.

FrozenHotCoffee

Spectator
no please not... skaters like elena glebova would automatically get -2 and skaters like yuna kim still positive goe ...

i don't think we will ever see a quad by mao.. this is just talk ! she should get her missing jumps back plus a 3-3. and in order to get better goe she also needs to work on her prerotation issue with her flip and her weird toe-technique.. i think the judges really ding her for that now because i have noticed that she barely gets more than +0.5 for her flips and flip-combos this season

I agree. I honestly think that we are more likely to see Yu-na's 3A than Mao's quad in competitions, if they really attempt to include those jumps in programs. Mao needs to fix them before judges begin to reflect those flaws. :frown:

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
Again,she said she would want to skate something slow and to make her relax music next season in another interview. :love: I can't wait to see charming Mao back!
Besides she wants to be a stable skater. She is sure that she could attend 3-3s and other jumps(I don't know what jumps combined or what are the other jumps though) SO she is going to practice them after worlds.
That's all. But it is very importnt information,I think.

rtureck

Final Flight
It's just sad that her basic skating skills needs fix, that she needs a new jump coach, because she has been one of the top female skaters in the world, and a national treasure of Japan, and now she is the olympic silver medalist. I think it would be good for her to go USA or Canada but I don't know, she seems she likes to train at home, considering every time she goes, she had short stays mostly. I think, she has a diva- like personality which is natural thinking that she has been at the top. Fixing them would never be easy so I wouldn't be surprised if she skips next season.
She may need a jump coach, but her basic skating skills needs fix????????? She has wonderful edges, and speed and ice coverage, and her footwork scores high marks. I am sure all skaters can improve their basic skating skills but what is it about her basic skating skills that need to be fixed?????
As other people in here said, she really needs a good strategy team. I know some people are complaining about the base value of the quad jumps. But the rules are rules and it's a new order. The quad... I don't think that she has a time for that.

Mao had practiced on quad loop in the past, she may not have time to do this, but I don't see anything wrong for her to set a goal for a quad jump

I just read an interview of Orser saying that Yu-na's next goal is 3A btw. Mao will need a quad then. It's just sad...:no::cry:
Just because YuNa sets goal for 3A, does not mean she will land one. Anyway if YUNa is practicing on 3A, and Mao 4L, to me that is pushing the sports forward

Last edited:

ryoko

Rinkside
14 Ratified in the past 3 years. Quite a few downgrades and not tallied (2 in 2008 Nationals LP, 1 in 2009 WTT LP, 1 in 2009 Nationals SP, 1 in 2010 4CC SP)
5 in 2010 (2 in 4CC LP, 1 in Oly SP, 2 in Oly LP)
5 in 2009 (1 in Worlds LP, 1 in WTT SP, 1 in WTT LP, 1 in TEB LP, 1 in Nationals LP)
4 in 2008 (1 in 4CC LP, 1 in NHK LP, 2 in GPF LP)

All these from "Flattfan" :laugh: pretty amazing.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Yes, I agree with you. And it's the same posters who post these snarky comments about Mao not just on this thread, but other threads too.

FYI, there's an application called the "Ignore" button so that you won't waste your time defending her endlessly. It can't prevent you from seeing their comments when quoted by others though.