Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 130

Thread: Mao wants to do a quad at Sochi in 2014

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Sasha could always do the wonky 3Flips we have seen from Rachael lately.
    And Sahsa had enough ability to keep the US Ladies Olympic medal streak going.

    I think Flatt's disappointing 7th place finish speaks for itself. It is the worst showing by a US Lady champion in almost 50 years. I wish her well at college and am happy we have Mirai, the skater Button has pegged as a future world champion.
    Let me remind you Sasha was cleaning the ice on her flip at nationals. Sasha was in the scene since 2000 and lucky to medal in 2006. Sasha is day old bread, Rachael is the future.

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Yeah, but beating Rachael for that is not very fair. Neither Sasha nor Wagner could beat her anyway and they would have placed lower. Better thank your champion for getting 7th.
    I agree, had Alissa, Caroline, or Sasha been sent instead of Rachael they could have easily placed 15th or something like that. Even Ashley could probably not have bettered Rachael's 7th place finish considering how Laura, Akiko, Miki, and Mirai all skated. People were disappointed with Alissa at Worlds because she completely bombed the SP and only landed 4 triples in the FS and only 3 of them were ratified. Rachael delivered a great SP and LP, earning season's bests in both, and made no mistakes to the blind eye, and landed 7 triples in her FS and had 5 ratified. She did a good job and has no reason to be disappointed because she did her best.

  3. #48
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Let me remind you Sasha was cleaning the ice on her flip at nationals. Sasha was in the scene since 2000 and lucky to medal in 2006. Sasha is day old bread, Rachael is the future.
    The future of what?
    Let me remind you that Sasha is an Olympic Silver medalist and Flatt is a 7th place Olympic finisher, the worst showing by a US Lady Champion going back before WW2.

    I hope Flatt does better at Worlds because Mirai can't get back the third spot for USA all by herself.

    Mirai is the future. Her talent is obvious and has fans and experts gushing. Orser praised Mirai as did Button.

  4. #49
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    The future of what?
    Let me remind you that Sasha is an Olympic Silver medalist and Flatt is a 7th place Olympic finisher, the worst showing by a US Lady Champion going back before WW2.

    I hope Flatt does better at Worlds because Mirai can't get back the third spot for USA all by herself.



    Mirai is the future. Her talent is obvious and has fans and experts gushing. Orser praised Mirai as did Button.
    Rachael is steady.
    Am I not mistaken or does 4+7=11? In order to get 3 spots back the US ladies results just have to add up to 13 or less meaning Rachael doesn't have to do better to get 3 spots back, in fact both girls could do worse and still get 3 spots back. What did Orser say about Mirai? I didn't hear anything about that. Frank is a great coach for Mirai but if she ever switches again Orser is probably a good choice.

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    4,221
    I know this thread is supposed to be about Mao, but since it has gone off topic about Rachael Flatt, I just wanted to say as an American I am proud of how she did at the Olympics. She skated two clean programs, and did her country proud, as well as herself!

    By the way, this Olympics has totally destroyed whatever respect I used to have for those older than me. As the old saying goes in order to be treated with respect, one must act with respect first. And in this day & age we see more & more a-holes; a reflection on our society no doubt. The internet makes it okay for a coward to hide behind the anonymity of the 'net, especially males abusers that pick on women, be it physically, emotionally, or mentally. This coming from a former social worker, one whom used to work at a battered women's shelter. I've seen it all.

    Back on topic:

    GOOOOOOOOOO MAO-CHAN!!!!!

  6. #51
    Banned janetfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Am I not mistaken or does 4+7=11? In order to get 3 spots back the US ladies results just have to add up to 13 or less meaning Rachael doesn't have to do better to get 3 spots back, in fact both girls could do worse and still get 3 spots back. What did Orser say about Mirai? I didn't hear anything about that. Frank is a great coach for Mirai but if she ever switches again Orser is probably a good choice.
    The NY Times article I linked in the "Wow Mirai" thread has some very complimetary words from Orser.

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    902

    Snarky Comments

    There are an awful lot of snarky comments about Mao on this thread. She certainly doesn't deserve it. She delivered 2 fully rotated triple axels in her Lp and one in her short. The next time you can find a woman skater who can do that, be sure to let me know. I would never underestimate her. She has a ton of potential. All of this advice is very entertaining from armchair coaches.

  8. #53
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    It's just sad that her basic skating skills needs fix, that she needs a new jump coach, because she has been one of the top female skaters in the world, and a national treasure of Japan, and now she is the olympic silver medalist. I think it would be good for her to go USA or Canada but I don't know, she seems she likes to train at home, considering every time she goes, she had short stays mostly. I think, she has a diva- like personality which is natural thinking that she has been at the top. Fixing them would never be easy so I wouldn't be surprised if she skips next season.

    As other people in here said, she really needs a good strategy team. I know some people are complaining about the base value of the quad jumps. But the rules are rules and it's a new order. The quad... I don't think that she has a time for that.

    I just read an interview of Orser saying that Yu-na's next goal is 3A btw. Mao will need a quad then. It's just sad...

  9. #54
    Mashimaro on Ice
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,419
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenHotCoffee View Post
    It's just sad that her basic skating skills needs fix, that she needs a new jump coach, because she has been one of the top female skaters in the world, and a national treasure of Japan, and now she is the olympic silver medalist. I think it would be good for her to go USA or Canada but I don't know, she seems she likes to train at home, considering every time she goes, she had short stays mostly. I think, she has a diva- like personality which is natural thinking that she has been at the top. Fixing them would never be easy so I wouldn't be surprised if she skips next season.

    As other people in here said, she really needs a good strategy team. I know some people are complaining about the base value of the quad jumps. But the rules are rules and it's a new order. The quad... I don't think that she has a time for that.

    I just read an interview of Orser saying that Yu-na's next goal is 3A btw. Mao will need a quad then. It's just sad...
    Diva like personality?? I can never associate that with Mao. She's one of the most humble athletes around. She tends to get homesick so that's why she prefers to remain in Japan and near her family.

  10. #55
    Dreaming and dancing Bennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Watching the sunset
    Posts
    2,793
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenHotCoffee View Post
    It's just sad that her basic skating skills needs fix, that she needs a new jump coach, because she has been one of the top female skaters in the world, and a national treasure of Japan, and now she is the olympic silver medalist. I think it would be good for her to go USA or Canada but I don't know, she seems she likes to train at home, considering every time she goes, she had short stays mostly. I think, she has a diva- like personality which is natural thinking that she has been at the top. Fixing them would never be easy so I wouldn't be surprised if she skips next season.

    As other people in here said, she really needs a good strategy team. I know some people are complaining about the base value of the quad jumps. But the rules are rules and it's a new order. The quad... I don't think that she has a time for that.

    I just read an interview of Orser saying that Yu-na's next goal is 3A btw. Mao will need a quad then. It's just sad...
    Wow, is Yu-Na continuing? How exciting!
    It's kind of interesting that both didn't give up the longtime dreams that they had talked about years ago (the 3A for Yuna and the quad for Mao).

  11. #56
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Wow, is Yu-Na continuing? How exciting!
    It's kind of interesting that both didn't give up the longtime dreams that they had talked about years ago (the 3A for Yuna and the quad for Mao).
    I don't think it's confirmed yet. I think Orser said he wouldn't be surprised if she came back and he would love for her to learn the 3A, but that she doesn't know it yet. I guess if she decides to continue he'll suggest working on the 3A.

  12. #57
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    The NY Times article I linked in the "Wow Mirai" thread has some very complimetary words from Orser.
    Thanks! Those were nice comments! I'm glad so many people are finally acknowledging Mirai's potential and lovely skating!

  13. #58
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11
    If I were Mao.. I would try to fix the Flutz first and then improve her weak lotto triple axel

  14. #59
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by nddandy View Post
    If I were Mao.. I would try to fix the Flutz first and then improve her weak lotto triple axel
    I agree. Some users keep saying that Asada's 3As should have more goe, but the below website explains why she got low goe for her 3As.

    http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archi...ple%20Axel.htm

    Asada need to work with her 3A more rather than quad jump if she really want to win OGM.
    I really hope that she find someone who knows CoP very well like Orser and Wilson.
    Last edited by CassieH; 02-28-2010 at 11:05 PM.

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by CassieH View Post
    I agree. Some users keep saying that Asada's 3As should have more goe, but the below website explains why she got low goe for her 3As.

    http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archi...ple%20Axel.htm

    Asada need to work with her 3A more rather than quad jump if she really want to win OGM.
    I really hope that she find someone who knows CoP very well like Orser and Wilson.
    Photos could have been taken from different angles.... instead of one take with a video.

    Just saying.... :P

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •