View Poll Results: Which category was the best in Vancouver?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pairs

18 8.04%
  • Men

16 7.14%
  • Dance

55 24.55%
  • Ladies

133 59.38%
  • Who Cares?? Moguls ruled!

2 0.89%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Overall Competition??

Custom Title

Best Overall Competition??

So which category did you think was the best competed despite your personal preferences for each??

My vote goes to Ice Dance. While Ladies had the best final flight ever in the previous groups there were lots of splats and meltdowns (Carolina, Elene, Sarah M.) but in Dance basically everyone was a step or two above what they had shown so far. I liked more The OD which was sensational (Not a single fall!!, take that Torino). That being said, Im amazed how much I enjoyed the ladies, honestly I hardly watch them, they bore me to death sometimes, but the girls skated with their hearts at Vancouver.

Pairs had a breathtaking SP, the best ever IMO but in the LP if it weren't for Pang & Tong we will all be complaining about hoow crappy it was.

Men was absolutely the biggest dissapointment of the games. The deeepest men's field in history with 10+ contenders for a medal and what we got: Only 3 skaters gave the best they had (Evan, Daisuke and JOhnny) while all the others either gave mediocre or subpar performances or just had meltdowns of epic proportions. Thank god the young boys showed us some promise for Sochi.
    Last edited by SamuraiKike; 02-28-2010 at 12:02 PM.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Hard call between Ice Dance and Ladies...and although Ladies put me in a high for all of this weekend, I went with Ice Dance because it was so close between the finalists.

Yar.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Hard call between Ice Dance and Ladies...and although Ladies put me in a high for all of this weekend, I went with Ice Dance because it was so close between the finalists.

Yar.
    Agree it was a hard call. I went with Ladies because it was supposed to be the least exciting discipline and by far exceeded expectations. Dance was great but we kind of expected that with all the great teams of D/W, V/M and B/A. I was really excited about D/S the French and was a bit disappointed by their performance.

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    Agree it was a hard call. I went with Ladies because it was supposed to be the least exciting discipline and by far exceeded expectations. Dance was great but we kind of expected that with all the great teams of D/W, V/M and B/A. I was really excited about D/S the French and was a bit disappointed by their performance.
    That is true; the actual performances of the Ladies far exceeded what you may have expected from how the season panned out. It could have easily been a huge nervewracking splatfest. From the Competition point of view, I give the edge to Ice Dance, but from the Competitors' viewpoint, my hats off to the Ladies.

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    The Ladies!!! I'm still in awe! That was the best ladies' event I've ever seen, so many ladies going clean and performing, with really appealling presentation!

Custom Title
    I enjoyed watching the men and ladies most.

1) Ice dancind
    2) Pairs
    3) Ladies
    4) Men's, as much as it hurts me to say so.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    The Men were the highlight for me. Billed as the largest field ever to contend for the gold, and the event lived up to my anticipated excitement. And of course it ended perfectly.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Moguls ruleD? Indeed they did!

Dance! (but those who know me expected that....)
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-28-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Pairs was the worst. Too many falls in the LP. The Men's LP wasn't the greatest either, and some of the men were poor sports (not mentioning any names). The top two in dance were excellent, but Domnina and Shabalin's OD and them getting 3rd kind of soured it for me. I picked the ladies because the most people skated clean (well, not counting dance because there are seldom falls in dance anyway), Yu-Na's LP was perfection, Mao did triple axels, and Joannie gave courageous performances.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Mens was my favorite. Everything went exactly how I wanted and the programs were great. Dance would come next, with the exception of D/S costumes and them getting placed ahead of B/A. Too many falls in Pairs LP, but the SP was cool. Ladies was my least favorite this time around. They didn't really let anyone compete.

I keep on fallin' for Kwan
    Men. Although I was looking forward the most to ice dance (VIRTUE AND MOIR!!!!!!!!!) the men's event was such a deep field. It was also a shock to see many contenders bombing (Joubert, Verner, Abbott). Loved these boys. <3

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Ice Dance. It was a nailbiter, for me.

Custom Title
    Mens is usually my favourite event, but I honestly can't decide here!

- Loved the drama of the mens event. Who woulda thunk it that the diva attitudes would be most prevalent in the mens? It was exciting for the Plushacek gold medal battle, but kind of fell a bit flat other than that for the most part, which disappointed me.
    - Ladies - not a splatfest! So many well skated programs. Kudos to all those who handled the pressure so well. The underwhelming thing about it is that in the months leading up to the gams, I think that about 90% of us would have predicted that exact podium.
    - Pairs - Finally the gold for Shen/Zhao, but the skate of their lives for Pang/Tong. It wasn't really much of a nailbiter because there were so many errors, but it was still a great event to watch
    - Dance - Lovely to see the new generation of skaters bringing a new, less frantic, style of dancing to the world. Again, a well skated event without much controversy (aside from the costumes and some thoughts that Belgosto were robbed). And of course, the breaking of the European stronghold on the event.

I can't decide!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    - Ladies - not a splatfest! So many well skated programs. Kudos to all those who handled the pressure so well. The underwhelming thing about it is that in the months leading up to the gams, I think that about 90% of us would have predicted that exact podium.
    That was actually the surprise of the event! That the predicted podium ended up being the actual one, in the same order How many times did that happen before?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast