Who Cares?? Moguls ruled!
1. Pairs ( wonderful battle, wonderful result and wonderful people)
2. Men's ( was a bit surprised)
3. Ice Dancing
4. Ladies' (already knew the champion after the SP,,,,,,the score is just ridiculous)
1.Ladies — No splatfest. Top 11 didn't fall. Perfect progams from Yuna when it counted. Great skating from the upstarts (Lee, Kwak, Ksenia). Love it!
2. Ice Dance — They bought it! I was rooting for Davis and White but I have to admit that Virtue and Moir got me hooked!
3. Pairs — Shen and Zhao get their gold! Pang and Tong do the SOTL and get silver! Still love S/S's "Out of Africa."
4. Men — Some good performances from the upstarts here as well, but otherwise an underwhelming competition with an underwhelming gold medal winning performance.
Every potion had it's share of magical moments, but my favorite was ice dance. Scott, Tessa, Charlie, and Meryl showed you don't need to wait around for 5 or so seasons to get your dues. The judges actually judged what happened on the ice and not by reputation or how long you've been around.
No falls, and everyone skated well.
Men...well....hmm. It was just okay.
No doubt, ladies!
I voted dance, because it was so-o-o-o satisfying to me . The Ladies was really wonderful and pretty much a tie.
Ladies, final flight was awesome....and put USA ladies back in the mix...
I thought the top 7 ladies did amazing so I vote for the ladies. The ice dance was also very good.
I didn't vote for the men because they had too many errors and I was disappointed that Johnny Weir didn't place higher and that Lambiel faltered.
I think the pairs competition was a bit unfair. The 2nd place Chinese deserved gold but they weren't the sentimental favorites.
Dance, ladies, pairs, men- in that order.
Men then ladies.
The men's short program was possibly the most exciting night of skating I'd ever seen. Everyone skated phenomenally! It was nuts! Yea, the freeskate wasn't quite as great, but it was also closer than the ladies. It was really a fight to the finish.
Ladies did a great job too though. I definitely underestimated a lot of the ladies and Mao and Yuna's freeskates were epic. Joannie's was spectacular and Mirai showed that maybe just maybe there's hope for the US ladies program.