View Poll Results: Which category was the best in Vancouver?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pairs

18 8.04%
  • Men

16 7.14%
  • Dance

55 24.55%
  • Ladies

133 59.38%
  • Who Cares?? Moguls ruled!

2 0.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Overall Competition??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    That was actually the surprise of the event! That the predicted podium ended up being the actual one, in the same order How many times did that happen before?
    ITA!! It was very pleasant (surprise) to see

Custom Title
    1. Pairs ( wonderful battle, wonderful result and wonderful people)
    2. Men's ( was a bit surprised)
    3. Ice Dancing
    4. Ladies' (already knew the champion after the SP,,,,,,the score is just ridiculous)

1.Ladies — No splatfest. Top 11 didn't fall. Perfect progams from Yuna when it counted. Great skating from the upstarts (Lee, Kwak, Ksenia). Love it!
    2. Ice Dance — They bought it! I was rooting for Davis and White but I have to admit that Virtue and Moir got me hooked!
    3. Pairs — Shen and Zhao get their gold! Pang and Tong do the SOTL and get silver! Still love S/S's "Out of Africa."
    4. Men — Some good performances from the upstarts here as well, but otherwise an underwhelming competition with an underwhelming gold medal winning performance.

Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    That was actually the surprise of the event! That the predicted podium ended up being the actual one, in the same order How many times did that happen before?
    Really? Did so many ppl expect Mao and Rochette to be on the podium? We had numerous threads worrying about Mao and Rochette bombing at GPs. I was pleasantly surprised that both were getting out of their slumps in time, but thought they were still in the process of getting out of it.

Tripping on the Podium
    Every potion had it's share of magical moments, but my favorite was ice dance. Scott, Tessa, Charlie, and Meryl showed you don't need to wait around for 5 or so seasons to get your dues. The judges actually judged what happened on the ice and not by reputation or how long you've been around.

Definitely ladies.

No falls, and everyone skated well.

Men...well....hmm. It was just okay.

Custom Title
    No doubt, ladies!

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    I voted dance, because it was so-o-o-o satisfying to me . The Ladies was really wonderful and pretty much a tie.

Tripping on the Podium
    Ladies, final flight was awesome....and put USA ladies back in the mix...

Tripping on the Podium
    I thought the top 7 ladies did amazing so I vote for the ladies. The ice dance was also very good.
    I didn't vote for the men because they had too many errors and I was disappointed that Johnny Weir didn't place higher and that Lambiel faltered.
    I think the pairs competition was a bit unfair. The 2nd place Chinese deserved gold but they weren't the sentimental favorites.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Dance, ladies, pairs, men- in that order.

Custom Title
    Men then ladies.
    The men's short program was possibly the most exciting night of skating I'd ever seen. Everyone skated phenomenally! It was nuts! Yea, the freeskate wasn't quite as great, but it was also closer than the ladies. It was really a fight to the finish.
    Ladies did a great job too though. I definitely underestimated a lot of the ladies and Mao and Yuna's freeskates were epic. Joannie's was spectacular and Mirai showed that maybe just maybe there's hope for the US ladies program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyascii View Post
    Men then ladies.
    The men's short program was possibly the most exciting night of skating I'd ever seen. Everyone skated phenomenally! It was nuts! Yea, the freeskate wasn't quite as great, but it was also closer than the ladies. It was really a fight to the finish.
    Ladies did a great job too though. I definitely underestimated a lot of the ladies and Mao and Yuna's freeskates were epic. Joannie's was spectacular and Mirai showed that maybe just maybe there's hope for the US ladies program.
    Are you forgetting about Joubert, Verner, and Abbott's meltdowns? And Chan and Lambiel being sub-par for them? I'd actually say the men's SP had quite a few dissapointments.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Are you forgetting about Joubert, Verner, and Abbott's meltdowns? And Chan and Lambiel being sub-par for them? I'd actually say the men's SP had quite a few dissapointments.
    ITA. The men were supposed to be this really deep field in which anyone of 10 skaters could make the podium or even win the gold. Instead, all the above took themselves out of contention in the SP ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2