Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Closing ceremonies

***! They just cut off the closing ceremony and never went back to it, as the local news is on after the Seinfeld show. How rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Whatever happened to the Gala? Was that tape delayed till next Sunday? Damn, I got myself all comfortable for the Gala and it never took place.
    The Gala took place last night...

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudkicker09 View Post
    I watched the entire ceremony BUT I did not see Daria, Liza or any of the kids did anybody get a clip of it? I saw Evgeni though and honestly, I did not enjoy seeing him, or Navka/Kos.
    It was liza for sure, i m not sure for daria. Rodnina, hockey player, Plush and one more.

And what didnt you enjoy, 4 champions wearing the Sochi outfit waving at the camera for one second?? Ok for Plush hate skatingwise, but honestly people...I mean wow, it was one freaking second of him. I ll pass...it is pathetic and beyond my little mind.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar
    I'd have preferred Yagudin. Come to think of it, why not him?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Whatever happened to the Gala? Was that tape delayed till next Sunday? Damn, I got myself all comfortable for the Gala and it never took place.
    um the gala was yesterday (saturday)

Is anyone else pissed off that NBC didn't even mention Mao Asada in the Ladies' Figure Skating Recap?

Three triple axels (aka making history) is not easy you know!

Ugh.

Closing Ceremonies haven't started where I am yet.

Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Is anyone else pissed off that NBC didn't even mention Mao Asada in the Ladies' Figure Skating Recap?

Ugh.

Just be glad NBC showed her skating at all during the competition. I hear the NBC execs were angling for an entire Olympic coverage of nothing but ads with ad breaks and ads about ads and ads inserted into other ads.

I keep on fallin' for Kwan

Ugh.

She and Daisuke are the forgotten medalists here. She, overshadowed by Queen Yuna, Grieving Joannie, and American teenagers (hell, Miki was more overshadowed by the five of them! :( ); he, by Golden American Evan and Whining Quad King Plushy.

Damn you American media. Damn you.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotta View Post
    She and Daisuke are the forgotten medalists here. She, overshadowed by Queen Yuna, Grieving Joannie, and American teenagers (hell, Miki was more overshadowed by the five of them! :( ); he, by Golden American Evan and Whining Quad King Plushy.

Damn you American media. Damn you.
    Heck even Shen and Zhao and the US's own Davis and White did not deserve a mention from NBC in their recap tonight ..grrrr (they did mention Tessa and Scott)

Custom Title
    NBC hasn't mentioned Asada since the end of her long program. It's funny also how they were all about Rachel leading up to the skating but have barely made a peep about her since Mirai placed higher.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissx3 View Post
    NBC hasn't mentioned Asada since the end of her long program. It's funny also how they were all about Rachel leading up to the skating but have barely made a peep about her since Mirai placed higher.
    To be fair they did mention Mao in a recap earlier in the afternoon, but not Rachael!

Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    To be fair they did mention Mao in a recap earlier in the afternoon, but not Rachael!
    S'not really that much fairer when you're the reigning Olympics silver medalist who has done something no other woman has ever attempted before ...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    I'd have preferred Yagudin. Come to think of it, why not him?
    They should represent the past (Rodnina & Tretiak), now (Plushenko & Ovechkin) and future (the Kids) of Russian sport. But I think it's a bit weird to have Larionovs 22 year old daughter to represent the future of Russian sport (just know that at some point she tried to be a singer) :sheesh:

Quote Originally Posted by Diva View Post
    They should represent the past (Rodnina & Tretiak), now (Plushenko & Ovechkin) and future (the Kids) of Russian sport. But I think it's a bit weird to have Larionovs 22 year old daughter to represent the future of Russian sport (just know that at some point she tried to be a singer) :sheesh:
    Yagudin could be in the past. Or they could make something else up and shoehorn him in there. Or he could've been part of the pre-taped footage, so he wouldn't even have to fly out to Canada.

Custom Title
    S'not really that much fairer when you're the reigning Olympics silver medalist who has done something no other woman has ever attempted before ...
    I am not implying that was fair. It wasn't at all. In fact if you look at my post in the NBC coverage thread you'll know what I think. I just meant to correct the notion that NBC did not mention Mao since the LP. This evening's recap was the only instance they failed to mention Mao.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast