Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Orser wants Yuna to go for the Triple Axel

Quote Originally Posted by ryoko View Post
    geez! all these talk about how bendy she has to be!
    Poor girl does not lack flexibility, it is simply not her greatest strength.
    Sure, if you compare her to skaters like cziny and cohen her positions may look mediocre. But they had exceptionally great flexibility and it doesn't mean yuna has horrible one. Her biellman position is pretty and she has wonderful upperbody flexibility. Compared to flatt, ando, suzuki and rochette, Yuna's flexibility is decent IMO. What does she have to do more to prove herself? She could probably work more on turnouts in layback spins, but I think people are waaay too nitpicking. Her flexibility is decent enough to put her in top ten, I think.
    LOL.

Trust me, I don't mind Yuna's spiral positions anymore. (They used to bug me a lot though but she made some significant improvement)

I'm not a super fan of uber-benders. But I"m merely clarifying that her lack of uber-bendiness doesn't mean she doesn't have good skating skill/tech. :-)

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    LOL.

Trust me, I don't mind Yuna's spiral positions anymore. (They used to bug me a lot though but she made some significant improvement)

I'm not a super fan of uber-benders. But I"m merely clarifying that her lack of uber-bendiness doesn't mean she doesn't have good skating skill/tech. :-)
    I want to add that notwithstanding all the criticism she receives from flexibility ubers, Kim Yu Na has made gradual improvements on her stretch and positions since she debuted on senior level.
    Her free leg was barely kept above her hips in 06 GP events, but every year since it has been held higher.

I am pleased that in Olys Gala, she even manage to point her toes during the lay back spin and the spiral.
    It was barley noticeable, but I have no doubts that she will make more progress.

LOL.

I see what you mean and I agree.
    Sorry, I wasn't particularly targeting you. Uber-benders are prettier to look at. My only problem is that they usually lack speed in spiral sequence and I often feel urge to just give them a little push Mirai would be an exception though- she has wonderful stretch and superior speed.

Custom Title
    Don't forget Adelina Sotnikova!! She has a solid 3Lz+3Lo!!

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAveyIuUfVo

Adelina Sotnikova's 3Lz+3Lo!! I hope Yu-Na doesn't go for 3A... Injury won't do her good!! Mao and quad toe?? I hope Mao goes for 3A+3T and master that instead!! Get her lutz and 3F+3T or 3F+3Lo too!! Get her salchow consistant again!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pokky_oc View Post
    Don't forget Adelina Sotnikova!! She has a solid 3Lz+3Lo!!
    She is also 12, 4'7" and about 70 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    She is also 12, 4'7" and about 70 pounds.
    ITA.

We will never know for sure until she's older and goes through the dreaded growth spurt.

Custom Title
    ITA.

We will never know for sure until she's older and goes through the dreaded growth spurt.
    This is why I like Anna Ovcharova. She turns 14 next week but she is already tall and has rotated jumps . She is skinny and has big feet (could grow to Kostner height potentially) but she looks more like a teenager and less like a little kid than most of her miniature Russian teammates. She hasn't done 3-3 yet in competition but does them in practice. She is very fast and has the best footwork and choreography of the junior ladies IMO, plus she really attacks and sells her programs for all they are worth so it's exciting . Jump technique is a bit funky but she can do flip and lutz, does not get edge calls for either jump, and rotates her triples. She has improved a lot this year and I think will really make a splash at junior worlds, and will likely go on the senior grand prix circuit next year just considering how many younger Russian girls will finally be eligible for junior grand prix next year.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10