Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 143

Thread: Orser wants Yuna to go for the Triple Axel

  1. #46
    Custom Title bekalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    I would be pretty psyched if Yu-na did learn it, but I want her to get the triple salchow and loop back before learning this ;D And in the meantime, I'm sure Orser's going to be drilling Yu-na on spins and stretches, which, let's admit it, are good but aren't amazing; Mirai and Mao both are better at this. If Yu-na wants to stay at the top of the game, she needs to get the stretches and spins down pat, get all the triples in before learning the axel. But if there's anyone that could pull off a WOW axel... it's Yu-na. I mean, she has the speed and height already, ne? And the willpower, I'm sure.
    How does Yu-na need her 3sal back? When she's already doing it in competition. She hasn't missed a3sal this season??? But as for her spins/spirals, I'm sure she'll work on her stretch a little bit, but really she's never going to be a Mirai. Besides some think ultra flexibility is bad for the jumps. The 3A would be the smartest place technically for her to improve on.

  2. #47
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    I would be pretty psyched if Yu-na did learn it, but I want her to get the triple salchow and loop back before learning this ;D And in the meantime, I'm sure Orser's going to be drilling Yu-na on spins and stretches, which, let's admit it, are good but aren't amazing; Mirai and Mao both are better at this. If Yu-na wants to stay at the top of the game, she needs to get the stretches and spins down pat, get all the triples in before learning the axel. But if there's anyone that could pull off a WOW axel... it's Yu-na. I mean, she has the speed and height already, ne? And the willpower, I'm sure.
    when did Yuna lose her salchow????? she just did it three days ago in the second half of her program for the fourth time this season (out of four competitions)

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    How does Yu-na need her 3sal back? When she's already doing it in competition. She hasn't missed a3sal this season??? But as for her spins/spirals, I'm sure she'll work on her stretch a little bit, but really she's never going to be a Mirai. Besides some think ultra flexibility is bad for the jumps. The 3A would be the smartest place technically for her to improve on.
    You beat me to it! She missed it once in her entire carreer (that I can remember, correct me if I am wrong) for crying out loud!

  4. #49
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,801
    Sorry guys, I tried to look for the link to the .gif that was posted at Golden Skate showing YuNa's attempted 3Axel (in the 2009-2010 season Archives...don't remember where to look for it. ) I don't think it was fully rotated, but it was a beauty--she sailed through the air and was something like 120 degrees short.

    ETA: I'm so FACKING good!

    http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id...183874&page=30

    Did a search at the YNK forum.
    Last edited by prettykeys; 03-02-2010 at 12:42 AM.

  5. #50
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    Sorry guys, I tried to look for the link to the .gif that was posted at Golden Skate showing YuNa's attempted 3Axel (in the 2009-2010 season Archives...don't remember where to look for it. ) I don't think it was fully rotated, but it was a beauty--she sailed through the air and was something like 20 degrees short.
    I remember seeing it. Was it on yunaforum though?

  6. #51
    can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by yunasashafan View Post
    I remember seeing it. Was it on yunaforum though?
    Yes it was, I just edited my post above.

  7. #52
    Medalist ryoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    99

    orser wants to teach baby yuna!

    Just saw the news-
    Orser says she was impressed by min-jung, and would love to teach her if there is a chance.
    Oh I really hope this happens! Min-jung, despite of lack of speed and choreography, has some wonderful qualities and training under Orser will totally turn her into something special.
    Min-jung and Yuna went to same highschool. Since Yuna is her idol and she has been granting scholarship to Min-jung, it will be lovely to see two of them train together.

  8. #53
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith11 View Post
    I would be pretty psyched if Yu-na did learn it, but I want her to get the triple salchow and loop back before learning this ;D And in the meantime, I'm sure Orser's going to be drilling Yu-na on spins and stretches, which, let's admit it, are good but aren't amazing; Mirai and Mao both are better at this. If Yu-na wants to stay at the top of the game, she needs to get the stretches and spins down pat, get all the triples in before learning the axel. But if there's anyone that could pull off a WOW axel... it's Yu-na. I mean, she has the speed and height already, ne? And the willpower, I'm sure.
    You're mixing Yuna & Mao there.

    Yuna has 3S. Mao does not.

    Yuna doesn't have 3Lo. Mao does tho.

    So the only 3L Yuna doesn't have (in competition; practice doesn't count) is 3Lo.

  9. #54
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoko View Post
    Just saw the news-
    Orser says she was impressed by min-jung, and would love to teach her if there is a chance.
    Oh I really hope this happens! Min-jung, despite of lack of speed and choreography, has some wonderful qualities and training under Orser will totally turn her into something special.
    Min-jung and Yuna went to same highschool. Since Yuna is her idol and she has been granting scholarship to Min-jung, it will be lovely to see two of them train together.
    I hope that's true!

    It'll be so good for Min-Jung to train with her idol. Imagine how motivating that must be. :-)

  10. #55
    Medalist ryoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    I hope that's true!

    It'll be so good for Min-Jung to train with her idol. Imagine how motivating that must be. :-)
    I just find Min-jung SO ADORABLE
    After SP her score came out she was ranked number 2, and had brief interview with korean reporters. At the end of the interview she asked the reporter, "Am I going into the freeskate??" LOL. And the reporter was like... why are you asking me LOL. She is so cute!

  11. #56
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,957
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoko View Post
    Just saw the news-
    Orser says she was impressed by min-jung, and would love to teach her if there is a chance.
    Oh I really hope this happens! Min-jung, despite of lack of speed and choreography, has some wonderful qualities and training under Orser will totally turn her into something special.
    Min-jung and Yuna went to same highschool. Since Yuna is her idol and she has been granting scholarship to Min-jung, it will be lovely to see two of them train together.
    Ahh, this makes me excited . Yes, her skating is a bit slow and her footwork is not the most difficult but she can jump, spin, bend herself like a rubber band and has limbs that go on for days. Plus she's improved so much just since this fall even - I watched her performances from Jr. Worlds last year and JGP Lake Placid this fall on icenetwork and she is so much better now! With a good coach I think she could really go places - I mean, when I watched Christina Gao at nationals last year I didn't think she was anything special, she could jump but she fell a lot and was awkward, but now, since going to Orser, she's turned into a rising star! And Mirai for that matter too - last year she was pretty much a mess, but now that she's been with Frank Carroll she just keeps improving at a rapid pace and is one of the best skaters in the world! I hope that works out for Min-Jung, she is soo cute!

  12. #57
    Custom Title Nadia01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    921
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoko View Post
    I just find Min-jung SO ADORABLE
    After SP her score came out she was ranked number 2, and had brief interview with korean reporters. At the end of the interview she asked the reporter, "Am I going into the freeskate??" LOL. And the reporter was like... why are you asking me LOL. She is so cute!
    What I love the most about her is that she really skated her heart out, and it's obvious she's a very sweet girl. I hope she toughens up (mental game) a little bit because I think she's gonna need it as she rises to the top.

  13. #58
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoko View Post
    Just saw the news-
    Orser says she was impressed by min-jung, and would love to teach her if there is a chance.
    Oh I really hope this happens! Min-jung, despite of lack of speed and choreography, has some wonderful qualities and training under Orser will totally turn her into something special.
    Min-jung and Yuna went to same highschool. Since Yuna is her idol and she has been granting scholarship to Min-jung, it will be lovely to see two of them train together.
    That would be great!!! I'd LOVE for him to coach Haejin Kim as well (the 12 year old girl that placed 1st above Min-jung at Korean Nats this year). Now THAT would definitely be a trio who could sweep the 2014 Oly's. Imagine how crazy that would be... going from one Olympics to having the first South Korean medalist ever to the next and having a sweep O_O

  14. #59
    Medalist ryoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    That would be great!!! I'd LOVE for him to coach Haejin Kim as well (the 12 year old girl that placed 1st above Min-jung at Korean Nats this year). Now THAT would definitely be a trio who could sweep the 2014 Oly's. Imagine how crazy that would be... going from one Olympics to having the first South Korean medalist ever to the next and having a sweep O_O
    Don't forget about Russian Trio! I can never spell their names though.

  15. #60
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    298
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    Do want to see clips. Please to link.
    Links to Yuna landing the loop:

    Here's a link to a recent practice with the 3Lo (around 4:10):

    http://video.nytimes.com/video/2010/...a%20kim&st=cse

    And in competition at the 07 GP Russia, less than 2 and a half years ago.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVyvLuzyJSk

    She was already getting around 73 points technical score and 10 points in GOE back then. I guess 78 at the Olys is not too far off after all.

    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf
    Last edited by yunasashafan; 03-02-2010 at 12:05 AM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •