Orser wants Yuna to go for the Triple Axel | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Orser wants Yuna to go for the Triple Axel

Nadia01

Final Flight
That is because she is cared by a full-time physio-therapist everyday. This guy is very good, one of the best in Korea. He accompanies her anyplace and anytime.

Smart of her. It was obviously worth the investment on her part.

OTOH -- I don't think having a good physical therapist gives you more stamina or endurance. I think it's more for injury prevention & prehab.

AmEagle3313

Rinkside
I meant that she used it before Yuna Kim. Good trivia question: who used Scheherezade first. Looks like Matt Savoie used Concerto in F at 2001 Nationals. But it looks like he's the only other one.

I think Midori Ito skated to Scheherazade in her 1989-1990 LP.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Ahhh, all these 3A and quad in ladies talks!:biggrin: Didn't you feel that it is pulling the legs of your new Olympic Men's Champion?:laugh:

sson4won

Spectator
I'm just glad her to stay in competition. (I just broke my heart when everybody said she would be retired..)

What a champion she is!
You got all those wins, so go for the new tricks and what's next?
I guess she really want to be a godness in figure skating. hehe.

yunasashafan

On the Ice
I'm just glad her to stay in competition. (I just broke my heart when everybody said she would be retired..)

What a champion she is!
You got all those wins, so go for the new tricks and what's next?
I guess she really want to be a godness in figure skating. hehe.

Let's not celebrate yet :) Yuna has not decided anything yet. This is more Brian's wishful thinking (and mine too :))

janetfan

Match Penalty
Ahhh, all these 3A and quad in ladies talks!:biggrin: Didn't you feel that it is pulling the legs of your new Olympic Men's Champion?:laugh:

We are so proud that our Olympic Champion is such a great competitor. We admire how his team was so smart - how Frank had him prepared to skate his best in Vancouver and how Lori had such effective CoP choreo for him.

Some people are so sour and such poor sports that they are reduced to attacking Evan instead of blaming their own favorites for failing under Olympic pressure. :think:

If Plushy had executed better he would be champion again. But he could not do a flip and his lutz is not half as good as Evan - or Yuna for that matter.

Plushy did his best - maybe he had an off night - but he did not win. Dai went for glory and he showed courage and deserves his bronze medal or maybe the Silver medal.

Evan is the Olympic Champion and that title lasts forever.
It shows what hard work can accomplish! :thumbsup:

Some fans like Joubert or Lambiel but they were too nervous and couldn't take the pressure.
Their coaches did not have them prepared and confident enough to skate their best.

Plushy had to front load his program same as Torino and the judges said NO this time to such an inadequate program. He gave up so many points because he can't do difficult jumps in the second half of a program.

Evan is so well trained and works so hard he gets better in the second half of his programs.

Evan won fair and square and his Gold medal is amazing considering so many others could have won. What a stunning victory and Evan is a very deserving Olympic Champion.

Read that last sentence over and over until it sinks in :)

janetfan

Match Penalty
Yeah, I have read it as many times as you wrote.:biggrin: The more I think and read about it, the more I feel funny. Especially with all these Yu Na and Mao's 3A and quad talks.;):laugh:

Talk is cheap - remember the "talk" of Plushy doing 3A + 4T combos and other BS comments we heard from him? Or Joubert talking of two quads in his LP? :laugh:

It is better to laugh than cry so laugh all you want. Maybe it will help you feel better - but it won't change the results. :)

jennylovskt

Medalist
Talk is cheap

Does this apply to yourself too?;)

It is better to laugh than cry so laugh all you want. Maybe it will help you feel better - but it won't change the results. :)

Thanks!

It won't change the results but it might change the outcome of the future competitions if people continue talking. I wish Stojko, Plushy, Joubert and all the other people in the field continue to talk.:biggrin:

Edited to Add:

Plushy wasn't just talk. He has actually skated 3A + 4T. There was a video to prove it.;)

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
yup yup :laugh:
gotta LOVE that Tuktumysheva girl! She is one heck of a competitor.

She isn't even going to Jr. Worlds though because she came in 4th at junior Russian nationals! There is another baby Russian 13 year old jumping bean, Polina Agafonova, who won the event who will be going with Anna Ovcharova (who finished 2nd) and Polina Shelepen (who finished 3rd) to Jr. Worlds in a few weeks! She is so little but so good! I just love young promising skaters, they are so cute! :agree:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
She isn't even going to Jr. Worlds though because she came in 4th at junior Russian nationals! There is another baby Russian 13 year old jumping bean, Polina Agafonova, who won the event who will be going with Anna Ovcharova (who finished 2nd) and Polina Shelepen (who finished 3rd) to Jr. Worlds in a few weeks! She is so little but so good! I just love young promising skaters, they are so cute! :agree:

Is it me, Silverlake, or do you have a penchant for super cute skaters?! Just sayin' :)

bekalc

Record Breaker

Liza isn't old enough for Junior Worlds.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Is it me, Silverlake, or do you have a penchant for super cute skaters?! Just sayin' :)

Shh! Haha, maybe. I just think most of the current ladies over the age of 20 are very boring, the younger skaters are just so much more exciting!

bekalc

Record Breaker
Liza is the same as age Anna and Agafonova, they are all 13. So if Anna and Polina A are old enough, Liza should be too.

No. Because you had to turn 13 by last July. They did, Eliza did not. Eliza took second at Russian Nationals a year ago but got no JGP assignments because she wasn't eligible. She took third at Russian Nationals and so probably would have been sent anyways despite the poor showing at Russian Juniors, if she had been eligible.

Another example Christina Gao was eligible to go to Worlds, Olympics and Four Continents even though she is 15 this year. Kim and Asada were 15 in 2006, but weren't eligible for the Olympics because they turned 15 in September.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
No. Because you had to turn 13 by last July. They did, Eliza did not. Eliza took second at Russian Nationals a year ago but got no JGP assignments because she wasn't eligible. She took third at Russian Nationals and so probably would have been sent anyways despite the poor showing at Russian Juniors, if she had been eligible.

Another example Christina Gao was eligible to go to Worlds, Olympics and Four Continents even though she is 15 this year. Kim and Asada were 15 in 2006, but weren't eligible for the Olympics because they turned 15 in September.

Oh ok, yeah that makes sense. Elizaveta is cute, hope to see her on the JGP next year :agree:. Polina Shelepen has been disappointing recently, I think she's going through a big growth spurt, her legs are SO LONG and she looks even skinner than Min-Jung Kwak and she had a lot of mistakes at Russian Jr. Nationals :eek:hwell:. I like Anna the best, she's spunky and at this point may be the best of the little Russians http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzuQHmQaWtI . I think podium at Jr. Worlds will be Murakami, Gao, and either Ovcharova or Shelepen if she steps her game up. Now that Ashley is not going I think Christina has a very good shot at medaling! :love:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Anna's jumping technique is terrible. Polina A might medal too.

Yeah sorta, she at least rotates her jumps though, I saw videos of her doing 3lz-3lo and 2a-3lo which looked awesome! She's also already tall too so less likely to lose her jumps than Polina A and Elizaveta who are still muchkins. Shelepen's jumping technique is not good either but at the Junior level it does not matter as much.