Thread: Sochi exhibition at the closing ceremony

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On the Ice

0 Not allowed!

Sochi exhibition at the closing ceremony

Was anybody else as impressed with the beautiful sochi "exhibition". I loved the ballet dancers and the opera singers. The whole thing had a Dr. Zhivago feel for me. It was very dreamy.

Go marry the quad if you love it so much DesertRoad's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginask8s View Post
    Was anybody else as impressed with the beautiful sochi "exhibition". I loved the ballet dancers and the opera singers. The whole thing had a Dr. Zhivago feel for me. It was very dreamy.
    It was the most beautiful presentation of the whole night. A stark contrast to the low-rent cheese the Canadians have been passing off as ceremony. I enjoyed how much figure skating was emphasized in the Sochi display, as well. I'm hoping the Sochi opening ceremony will feature more figure skating than the Canadian one did.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRoad View Post
    It was the most beautiful presentation of the whole night. A stark contrast to the low-rent cheese the Canadians have been passing off as ceremony. I enjoyed how much figure skating was emphasized in the Sochi display, as well. I'm hoping the Sochi opening ceremony will feature more figure skating than the Canadian one did.
    I am certainly looking forward to all the Sochi fluff/promotions. All that Russian culture on display. All those Olympians coming home for a (tempestuous) reunion, including the rivals and defectors, ha. I will eagerly await the Opening Ceremonies, too.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I loved the Sochi presentation! If it was this good at the preview, I can't imagine what the real thing is going to be like. I bet Russia is going to put on quite a show!! I wasn't really impressed with Canada's Closing Ceremony, for me the big highlight of Canada's presentation was Michael J. Fox.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    i'm really looking forward to sochi as well!
    the Prince Igor segment made me really happy :D

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    It was beautiful. and the only worth watching thing of the entire ceremony...

I looved watching Navka & Kostomarov again.

Was the first girl in close up the daughter of Gordeeva?? the resemblance was striking.