Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: official entries

Custom Title
    Viktoria Kucherenko and Ruslan Potamashnev from KAZ are in Dance

Sorry, if i was unclear

I love your list

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meli_Huber View Post
    Pairs: Juliana Gurdzhi-Alexander Völler (that is fix, the criterias for pairs where clear, the best from the jgps and german national will go, they were also informend after nationals that they will go)

Dance: Stefanie Frohberg-Tim Giesen (same as pairs)

Men: the qualification is not over yet, but Daniel Dotzauer is the front runner. When nothing major happen, he will go.

Ladies: Bavarian Open will decide who go. There are a few candidates to go. Sarah Hecken of course not, she will only skate senior this season after she qualified for Euros and Olympics.
    Shira Willner, Silver at Nationals and will go to Euros - only Salchow and Toe
    Julia Pfrengle, Bronze at Nationals - also have a Loop
    Isabel Drescher, 4ht at Nationals - have a beautiful Flip and 3-3 ... after the coaching change she need some time
    Sandy Hoffmann, 4th at JGP Dresden, have Loop and Lutz ... but very inconsistent
    It will be a hard fight!

Qualification stand after Nationals:
    http://www.eislauf-union.de/JWM2010-Quali.html
    Only 2 competitions will count, and Bavarian Open will count 1,1. So the fight for ladies is really open.

I hope that Drescher and Pfrengle will go. They are both really talented and need the experience. Willner have Euros.
    Thank you for all of the information! I will update the list accordingly... If anyone else can help, please let me know.

Tripping on the Podium

Japanese Entries Announced by JSF

JSF announced entries today.
    http://skatingjapan.or.jp/whatsnew/d...102&type=event

great job halifax, all the Japanese names in your current list is confirmed as is.

I cross my fingers that Yuzuru and Kanako would win three slots for the next season!

Quote Originally Posted by mayamae_55 View Post
    JSF announced entries today.
    http://skatingjapan.or.jp/whatsnew/d...102&type=event

great job halifax, all the Japanese names in your current list is confirmed as is.

I cross my fingers that Yuzuru and Kanako would win three slots for the next season!
    Thanks again for this information as well! I have updated the list to reflect it. I also received some other news today:

1. Official entries for Kazahkstan are as such: Denis Ten, Azbal Rakhimgalilev (confirmed as mens entries), Kristina Prlipenko (confirmed as the ladies entry),
    no pairs or dance teams will be sent.
    2. British entries have not been selected yet and won't be announced until February.
    3. Though not official, I'm going to remove Mongolia from the list of entries simply because they do not have any skaters to my knowledge that are internationally competitive on a junior level (or a novice level for that matter) at this point in time.

I will also be updating the list with more speculative entries from countries that I had yet to research.

Custom Title
    I saw in an other thread, that Merovee Ephrem will not competing this season.

http://www.patinage-annecy.com/cresa...rs/Merovee.htm

I will miss her at Euros and Worlds
    Last edited by MagicFairy; 01-06-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicFairy View Post
    I saw in an other thread, that Merovee Ephrem will not competing this season.

http://www.patinage-annecy.com/cresa...rs/Merovee.htm

I will miss her at Euros and Worlds :(
    Well I guess that's that for Monaco having any representatives this year. A shame - this would have been the last year she was age eligible for Junior Worlds. Her skating reminds me a lot of former Canadian skater Cathy Belanger.

Custom Title
    There was one mongolian lady in novice/junior these years, but never participated in ISU competitions.
    She was listed at the 2005 Asian Figure Skating Championship (http://www.figureskating.com.tw/2005ASU/index.htm), but no results for this competition.

Her name is Chinbat Naranchagaa, she had a website (but I don't find it again), who she explain that she lives and trains in the USA and hope to be the first representant of Mongolia in the ice. She also have participated at some regionals events in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirti View Post
    There was one mongolian lady in novice/junior these years, but never participated in ISU competitions.
    She was listed at the 2005 Asian Figure Skating Championship (http://www.figureskating.com.tw/2005ASU/index.htm), but no results for this competition.

Her name is Chinbat Naranchagaa, she had a website (but I don't find it again), who she explain that she lives and trains in the USA and hope to be the first representant of Mongolia in the ice. She also have participated at some regionals events in the USA.
    Very cool! I wonder if she's still active?

Some more new information to share with you, this time from the Czech Figure Skating Association:

In singles skating, skaters must meet and fulfill specific jump requirements twice this season (including the month of January) in order to be considered eligible (in conjunction with their results at Junior Nationals, taking place in Brno, February 12-14) for a spot on the team. To date, 4 men and 2 women are in the running for these positions - 2 spots for men and 1 for women.

There is only one junior pairs team: Kadlecova and Bidar. They are "nearly nominated" and need only participate in the Junior Nationals in Brno to secure their spot.

There are two places in Ice Dance as well. The decision was that the best two from nationals which took place in December were going, however due to injury and split only one team took part and they were confirmed (Kubova – Kiselev), the other team (Prochazkova – Ceska) is having chance to qualify through a "reasonable result at Bavarian Open later this month".

Medalist
    FINLAND

I am under the impression that the final choices are being made after Nordics (at least if they use the same pattern as last year).

The choices will be made based on SB ranking so the top contenders at the moment are:

Men:

Bela Papp 153,10
    Viktor Zubik 137,37

Ladies:

Beata Papp 127,79
    Cecilia Törn 125,19

Also, Alisa Mikonsaari (16 years of age) won the two previous Finnish Junior titles and it seems she might be attending the Nordics in Juniors. Her senior ladies SB is 133,70. She is also the substitute for Euros.

Ice Dance seems pretty clear: our senior champions Oksana Klimova- Sasha Palomäki will go. The other junior team stands no chance in the competition.

Thank you for this insight into the Finnish team at this event - I have included this information in the list of project entries.

Waiting somewhat patiently for the announcement of the Canadian (all 4 disciplines) and American (men+pairs) entries to be announced... I will again update this list once I have more confirmed information.

Received an e-mail from the Italian Federation verifying they have not yet selected their team for this event. :(

As for Canada, I expect to see a couple of our skaters who skated Senior at the event. I hope Ralph and Hill will be there, Kate Charbonneau will probably go again for ladies. How many spots are there for ladies? If we have more than one, I wonder if Rylie McCulloch-Casarsa will be sent instead of the junior champion. She really garnered a lot of interest this past week! Hole and Johnson will most likely go for pairs.

Custom Title
    In 2010, Canada has spots for 1 lady, 2 men, 3 pairs, 3 dance teams. Could be skating as juniors or seniors. Age below the limitation is the primary consideration from the ISU's standpoint.
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 01-20-2010 at 12:06 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast