Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: official entries

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFairy View Post
    Priscila Alavez is not on the Entry list just as Alexandra Rout from NZL
    Priscila Alavez was added on the last update
    For Rout, maybe is she injured? She wasn't at 4CC...

Custom Title
    Is it true that Kiri Baga is replacing Ashley for the US team?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by champs View Post
    Is it true that Kiri Baga is replacing Ashley for the US team?
    WHAT??? Where did you hear that?? Why??? Please no! I've applied as a volunteer to go to Jr Worlds, and yeah, it'll be fun to be backstage no matter who shows up, but really, the only reason I'm going to The Hague is to *finally* see Ashley... Unless she's seriously injured OR Mirai/Rachael withdraws from Worlds and Ashley got a World Team spot I don't see why she's not going...

It's true. I've never been more upset about a withdrawal in my life.
    http://ow.ly/1c4Ct
    Last edited by Trewyn; 02-28-2010 at 07:00 AM.

Custom Title
    Trewyn, first I want to thank you for providing the link as I had previously only heard about it on a different board and never read it from an official source. Second, I really feel sorry for the situation because I know you are a big Ashley fan and you have told us your excitement about seeing Ashley live in The Hague on a number of occasions...this really is a bummer. I'm also curious as to why, the linked page does not state the reason of her withdrawal, and it does not confirm neither Rachael nor Mirai attending the Worlds while it talks about Evan and Tanith/Ben skipping it. I truly hope Ashley is not injured and is healthy, and that she keeps her motivation high.

Trewyn I don't know which other skaters you root for but I think this competition will be exciting nontheless without Ashley. The Russian girls are all awesome, and Kanako, Chrstine, Kiri are all immensely talented, and there are always some up-and-comers that will pleasantly surprise us in a junior competition. So i hope you will feel alright and enjoy it there. Hope she will be invited to TEB again next season so you can get the chance back.

Custom Title
    Oh, Im sorry Trewyn you won't gett to see Ashley.. but IM sure it will be a fun experience still.

IF it were injury I bet the article will say it, so Im assuming Ashley just lost the motivation to show up and who could blame her... a Bronze at senior nationals any other year would have send her to the Olympics and Worlds, doing Jrs seems like such a stepd down. I hope she kicks *** next season.

Custom Title
    I'm curious as to why Ashley is not going. I sincerely hope its not because of injury. Nevertheless, she has had a great season and I hope she does even better next year.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mystichaze View Post
    I'm curious as to why Ashley is not going. I sincerely hope its not because of injury. Nevertheless, she has had a great season and I hope she does even better next year.
    actually i dont know why ashley wanted to go to the Jr worlds.

she surely can get 2 spots for the GPS.she had the 2 medals of the jr worlds.

then why?

Custom Title
    Why? Seemed to me there were plenty of reasons; take your pick: money, ISU ranking points, to not have Nats as your last competition of the season, to use a 'minor' competition to try out new elements like the triple-triple (which she's been working on and in her vlogs it sounded as if Jr Worlds was the perfect excuse to finally debut in international competition). Of course working on the triple-triple might be what has her injured right now. I wish she would let us know what the reason is. Sigh.

But yeah; she'll *definitely* get 2 GP spots and she already has 2 JR Worlds bronzes. But if she was never motivated to go she should have said so in the beginning.

Custom Title
    Who is going from Russia for the ladies? I thought it would be Polina Shelepen and Elizaveta Tuktumysheva, but they were 3rd and 4th at Russia Jr. Nationals - Polina Agafanova and Anna Ovcharova were the 1st and 2nd place finishers, does that mean those two will go instead?

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Who is going from Russia for the ladies? I thought it would be Polina Shelepen and Elizaveta Tuktumysheva, but they were 3rd and 4th at Russia Jr. Nationals - Polina Agafanova and Anna Ovcharova were the 1st and 2nd place finishers, does that mean those two will go instead?
    38 Polina AGAFONOVA RUS 36
    39 Anna OVCHAROVA RUS 36
    40 Polina SHELEPEN RUS 36
    Maria ARTEMIEVA RUS 36 S
    Sofia BIRYUKOVA RUS 36 S
    Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA RUS 36 S

See the list updated today

Looks like Russia has three lady spots then

Wagner is stil there ... ?
    Last edited by snowflake; 03-01-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    SPN Sara Hurtado and Adria Diaz (junior National champions)* (not definite)
    we can say it's definite now, Sara told me so

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
    38 Polina AGAFONOVA RUS 36
    39 Anna OVCHAROVA RUS 36
    40 Polina SHELEPEN RUS 36
    Maria ARTEMIEVA RUS 36 S
    Sofia BIRYUKOVA RUS 36 S
    Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA RUS 36 S

See the list updated today

Looks like Russia has three lady spots then

Wagner is stil there ... ?
    Thanks! And Wagner officially withdrew, it said so on the USFSA site, it didn't say why though. Kiri Baga will be taking her place. Now that Ashley's not going, I bet it will be Kanako, Christina, and one of the three Russian girls that will be on the podium.

Oh and why is Min-Jung Kwak not going for Korea? I enjoyed watching her at the Olympics, she did really well!
    Last edited by silverlake22; 03-01-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Don't count out Agnes Z. Her jumps are HUGE and she is a great skater. Not to mention she defeated Baga at nationals by a wide margin. Granted, Baga had one of the worst performances of her young career.

Her overall totals were also higher than Gao who skated on senior with a bigger PCS factor and the addition of a spiral sequence in the free skate.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatemom1122 View Post
    Don't count out Agnes Z. Her jumps are HUGE and she is a great skater. Not to mention she defeated Baga at nationals by a wide margin. Granted, Baga had one of the worst performances of her young career.

Her overall totals were also higher than Gao who skated on senior with a bigger PCS factor and the addition of a spiral sequence in the free skate.
    Gao did not have a very good FS at nationals but her 3t-3t and 3f-2t-2lo are money, one of the best jumpers I've seen in a while. I don't know much about Zawadski.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Just Google-searched Ashley Wagner and came up with this:

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...h-seasons-end/

Basic premise seems to be that she's not injured or anything, but just came to the conclusion that training her Senior level programs as an alternate for Worlds was a better plan. Seems also that she wasn't adjusting well to her shortened LP and was having issues getting back to the Junior mindset.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast