Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: official entries

Rinkside
    Hey Trewyn - there are 6 of us traveling from Belgium to watch as well. And although I'm sad for you that you won't get to see Ashley, you can sit will us a cheer for Kiri and Kate. We will be the idiots with the sparkly sign and the maple leafs!

I think its a good decision for Ashley to concentrate on her SR programs.

Kiri has been working on a new program for next year, and has experienced a growth spurt since the 1st 2 JGP. It will be great to see her skate!

And of course, I hope Kate Charbo has a great skate!

Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    Basic premise seems to be that she's not injured or anything, but just came to the conclusion that training her Senior level programs as an alternate for Worlds was a better plan. Seems also that she wasn't adjusting well to her shortened LP and was having issues getting back to the Junior mindset.
    That's good to hear she is not injured. Thank you for posting this.

Custom Title
    Ashley Wagner: According to usfigureskating.org, she has pulled out of Junior Worlds. Anybody know why? (Kiri Baga, 1st alternate will take her place)

Custom Title
    Just Google-searched Ashley Wagner and came up with this:

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...h-seasons-end/

Basic premise seems to be that she's not injured or anything, but just came to the conclusion that training her Senior level programs as an alternate for Worlds was a better plan. Seems also that she wasn't adjusting well to her shortened LP and was having issues getting back to the Junior mindset.
    I applaud her decision to keep the long-term in mind. I'm confident that the US will get back its 3 spots and that we'll be seeing more of this young lady in the future!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Ashley Wagner: According to usfigureskating.org, she has pulled out of Junior Worlds. Anybody know why? (Kiri Baga, 1st alternate will take her place)
    In the "Projected entries" thread, Chemistry66 gave us the explanation.

Just Google-searched Ashley Wagner and came up with this:

http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...h-seasons-end/

That's good she is not injured.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    According to Post #90 (page 6) of the "Projected Entries" thread, it looks like she was having trouble with the shortened Junior (3'30") program and generally adjusting back to the junior mindset. She's apparently more intent on focusing on polishing her Senior program in case Mirai/Rachael withdraw from Worlds (heaven forbid!).

ADMINS: This thread really should be merged with the other thread.

Custom Title
    How many more weeks until Jr. Worlds! The results will be hard to predict, so many good skaters!

Custom Title
    JW starts just a week from today.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Keegan Messing is replacing Ross Miner for the US at Junior Worlds. Ross's ankle is still injured.

Custom Title
    Is Polina Shelepen still planning on going or will she withdraw because of her injury?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Is Polina Shelepen still planning on going or will she withdraw because of her injury?
    Is she injured? I don't know anything about it, yesterday she skated at the Cup of Russia Final, did pretty well and won this event

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Is she injured? I don't know anything about it, yesterday she skated at the Cup of Russia Final, did pretty well and won this event
    Oh ok, guess she is going then. And yeah she is battling a leg injury which was part of the reason she was only 3rd at Russian Junior Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Keegan Messing is replacing Ross Miner for the US at Junior Worlds. Ross's ankle is still injured.
    That's a shame for Ross (a full & speedy recovery to him!), but good luck to Keegan.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I think I ll manage to go to the gala only, and if i squeeze myself a lot also to ladies free! But even the gala sounds fun!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast