Help! | Golden Skate

Help!

Jo1

Rinkside
Can someone please help me. I want to see Mao's Gala performance so bad. The NBC Olympics site comes up but the videos (all of them) do not. The space where the videos are supposed to be does not get black and nothing happens even after I click "video". Also, you tube doesn't have any videos of Mao Vancouver Olympics. Can anyone post a link? I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.

figuristka

Medalist
I have a request for the ladies medal podium, if anyone was able to upload it and can share. I keep searching for it everyday but cannot view nbc, or ctv. thank you

Mafke

Medalist
Where do you live? It's my understanding that the IOC and/or NBC were all huffy about removing videos from youtube (a really dumb idea designed to prevent the occurrence of new fans you all realize how terrible new fans would be). but the NBC videos are only available withing the US. NBC (if they're the party to blame) could have banned the videos on youtube from the US only (it's quite possible to enact country specific bans on youtube) but _Noooooooooooo_ they just dump them all. The person(s) responsible for this policy are officially the worst enemies of figure skating in the world.

figuristka

Medalist
Iam located in Finland and have not been able to view any of them at those sites, and youtube its not available or removed. I once even clicked on an Olympics performance at youtube and it said i cannot watch due to my location. There is another thread talking about this now. I think its very unfair to skating fans who live in a country like mine. Iam even a Canadian but that does not help me as iam not located there.

figuristka

Medalist
I even tried the Swedish site i watched Europeans on ( which still have clips up) and it also said i cannot watch as iam outside Sweden :/ As far as i know there are no skating clips available on any Finnish sites but since i cannot read Finnish i have no idea. It certainly is very disappointing.

Lynn51

Rinkside
Jo1, It looks like the nbc site used Microsoft Silverlight for the vids. Do you have that program on your puter?

hellcat

Rinkside
It's probably local broadcasting right. Whoever has the right to broadcast the olympic in your area won't like people to watch from NBC. So NBC is likely to voluntarily block the video stream outside of US soil.

Iscariot

On the Ice
Just saw it on Youtube. Didnt know the annoucner called her THE QUEEN of 3A:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jo1

Rinkside
I live in New York City and I can't get nbcolymoic videos. I don't know what's wrong. I downloaded silverlight and it still doesn't work. I spent about an hour looking for the Gala on Youtube and it's just not there. (at least for me)

Morning Glory

On the Ice
I'm not sure this site will work outside Japan, but please try.
http://www.gorin.jp/games/SKFSW010.html

All written in Japanese. Under the pictures of Japanese ladies, you will see the red square with replay mark. Then, click it. Sorry, you have to watch the commercial. At the upper right, you will see some tags. The left end tag (next to the arrow "←") is Mao(浅田真央), click it. Then you will see the sumnails at the right side. 5th one is the medal ceremony and 6th is Mao's Gala.

Hope this works well.

figuristka

Medalist

All written in Japanese. Under the pictures of Japanese ladies, you will see the red square with replay mark. Then, click it. Sorry, you have to watch the commercial. At the upper right, you will see some tags. The left end tag (next to the arrow "←") is Mao(浅田真央), click it. Then you will see the sumnails at the right side. 5th one is the medal ceremony and 6th is Mao's Gala.

Hope this works well.

Thank you so much for trying. I clicked it but it said "cannot be viewed from your location". As a huge figure skating fan for years, but living in Finland this year i have found this very unfair to restrict viewing like this, and not even allow them on youtube in my country. :( Something is wrong with this system.

Jo1

Rinkside

Hope this works well.
Hi Moring Glory. I tried it and the message said the video cannot be viewed from my location. (US) Thanks so much for trying to help. I have to put up with NBC whom I hate now. I don't know what they think they are gaining by blocking all these videos from youtube, but it surely isn't new watchers of NBC. They are being very stupid.

figuristka

Medalist
Hi Moring Glory. I tried it and the message said the video cannot be viewed from my location. (US) Thanks so much for trying to help. I have to put up with NBC whom I hate now. I don't know what they think they are gaining by blocking all these videos from youtube, but it surely isn't new watchers of NBC. They are being very stupid.

Iam feeling the same way, with all the Youtube not allowed and being unable to view videos from nbc, ctv, and other channels from Sweden, Japan etc, its indeed been very sad. They are ruining it for skating fans and i thought they wanted to make it more popular again, also smaller countries which never put up videos cannot view them anywhere.

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Figuristka, some of olympic figure skating programs you can find in Finland from YLE Areena (areena.yle.fi), put the search ("Haku") the word "Taitoluistelu" and you'll find programs of

- Rochette FS (FS = "vapaaohjelma")
- Korpi FS
- Asada FS
- Kim FS
- Ando FS
- Flatt FS
- Lepistö FS
- Rochette SP (SP = "lyhytohjelma")
- Kim SP
- Asada SP
- Lepistö SP
- Korpi SP
- Takahashi FS
- Plushenko FS
- Lysacek FS
- Plushenko SP
- Nurmenkari SP

Also the whole (?) gala and some programs of Zhen&Shao and Virtue&Moir. I couldn't find the victory seremony of any figure skating.

figuristka

Medalist
Thanks so much Anna, i will try that. It certainly didn't help that i don't know very much Finnish. Very hard to find those things.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Anyone based in Europe can watch the entire gala (also some highlights of other events) on the Eurovision Olympic player. Which has nothing to do with the Eurovision Song Contest :laugh:. Go here http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/olympics/ and search for figure skating; for the gala, you want Figure Skating - Exhibition Gala-Replay in HD. There's a really long promo at first.