Figure skating queen brings Catholics pride | Golden Skate

Figure skating queen brings Catholics pride

kyla2

Final Flight
As A Catholic...

As a Catholic, I find this blog topic completely inappropriate. Also, the comment preceding mine.
A person's religion is private and this topic should be removed from the forum.

csunny7

Rinkside
Last edited:

Bijoux

Match Penalty
i see nothing wrong with quoting the article, I never knew that and as a Catholic find it interesting. I also think Desert road tries to be cute/funny and I have no problem with sarcasm or honesty.

lighten up Kyla, its only a figureskating forum.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
As a Catholic here also...

I'm glad you posted it! I always wondered if Yuna was Catholic cause I started noticing that she was doing the sign of the cross.

I think this is fine as long as we don't start getting into religion arguments. It's already a hassle dealing with just figure skating ones at times. :laugh:

Also her religion isn't really that private if you have the Cardinal of the Archdiocese of Seoul calling to congratulate her.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I'm fine with whatever religion she chooses to follow (not like I'd be a factor in her decision anyway), as long as she's happy and it brings her comfort and solace.

I just hope we don't have to call her "Stella Kim". I prefer "Yuna Kim", as suits her better.

FrozenHotCoffee

Spectator
Well, as a protestant, I have no problem of her made the sign of the cross or whatever in competition, because they are private moments and she needs them. But this topic really should be staying inside Yuna thread.

kyla2

Final Flight
Uh............

Desert Road, confusion is your perpetual state of mind.

Bijoux, since you like honesty, I am sure you don't object to my comment.

Look, we all have different faiths and we need to respect them and the fact that they are private. I just think this can get dicey and we need to be respectful of people's privacy on a blog. Yes, she's a public figure but for me this is one step too far.

SweetPea21307

Rinkside
Desert Road, confusion is your perpetual state of mind.

Bijoux, since you like honesty, I am sure you don't object to my comment.

Look, we all have different faiths and we need to respect them and the fact that they are private. I just think this can get dicey and we need to be respectful of people's privacy on a blog. Yes, she's a public figure but for me this is one step too far.

You don't HAVE to read this blog or thread....

ryoko

Rinkside
As a Catholic, I find this blog topic completely inappropriate. Also, the comment preceding mine.

Why so much negativity?
And why isn't your religion remaining private?

viv

On the Ice

If she makes the sign of the cross before skating, it is her who doesn't keep it private.

dorothea

Rinkside
I'm fine with whatever religion she chooses to follow (not like I'd be a factor in her decision anyway), as long as she's happy and it brings her comfort and solace.
I just hope we don't have to call her "Stella Kim". I prefer "Yuna Kim", as suits her better.

Right on!