Cute Mao and Evgeni Moment (: | Golden Skate

Cute Mao and Evgeni Moment (:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
lol. It is just so nice to see Mao smiling and happy. Her exhibition skate was a joy. It was interesting to see her start out looking a little sad when they announced her name and then start to perform, and then grow more and more genuine with the performance as it went on until she looked just like the old careless, innocent Mao at the end.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
This innocent bit of photo op has inspired a slew of fan art on a Japanese online art community. There are tons of pics of Mao and Plushenko kissing and him carrying her off. If they did get together, it'd make some people very happy.

Ren

On the Ice
This innocent bit of photo op has inspired a slew of fan art on a Japanese online art community. There are tons of pics of Mao and Plushenko kissing and him carrying her off. If they did get together, it'd make some people very happy.
:laugh:Well, people can dream. I'm sure it's all in good fun. He and his wife will probably be amused at what just one photo op can inspire.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

Creeps me out juuuuust a little bit.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

Orly... Got any cute/not-creepy ones?

ehdtkqorl123

On the Ice
I guess they must have the same feeling about each other because they thought the gold medalists were overscored without those "difficult" jumps.

DesertRoad

Final Flight
Orly... Got any cute/not-creepy ones?
:laugh: None of them are creepy! They're all either innocently sweet, or silly (like Plushenko hoisting up a surprised-looking Mao), and nothing you wouldn't see in a Disney cartoon. None of them are very well drawn, though, which is why I haven't linked to any of them. I have standards... and stuff. But in the interest of proving their non-creepiness:

Here's an imagined scenario in which Mao and Plushenko took their victory laps together.

Here's one that just shows the kiss from a different angle.

And here's the aforementioned one of Plushy hoisting Mao.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Plushy actually said to Mao, "lutz and flip jump, we don't need them. Come to my hotel and I will make your medal platinum like mine." :laugh:

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
:laugh: None of them are creepy! They're all either innocently sweet, or silly (like Plushenko hoisting up a surprised-looking Mao), and nothing you wouldn't see in a Disney cartoon. None of them are very well drawn, though, which is why I haven't linked to any of them. I have standards... and stuff. But in the interest of proving their non-creepiness:

Here's an imagined scenario in which Mao and Plushenko took their victory laps together.

Here's one that just shows the kiss from a different angle.

And here's the aforementioned one of Plushy hoisting Mao.

ROTFLMAO!!!! :rofl:

Thanks for posting the clip, and also these beautiful & funny cartoons! *laughing*

I really love the caricatures, they actually remind me of pictures I have of Sonja Henie posing with Gillis Grafstrom & Karl Schafer. Later on tonight when I'm done working I will look for them & post them. :)

Lol, what I find funny is how much in common The King has with the greats of the past, besides posing with lovely ladies. ;) Zhenya & Gillis Grafstrom have only won 3 World titles compared to Ulrich Salchow's 10, Karl Schafer's 7, and Dick Button's 5. Yet, when it comes to Europeans, with his 6 European Titles, he's only behind Ulrich Salchow's 9 & Karl Schafer's 8. And, of course, only Zhenya & Gillis Grafstrom have medalled at 3 Olympiads, for mens singles figure skating only. :rock: