"I will work on triple triples and other triples after Worlds" - Mao Asada | Page 3 | Golden Skate

"I will work on triple triples and other triples after Worlds" - Mao Asada

rtureck

Final Flight
I think Mao is losing it. She should stop talking and doing these interviews. She should get some rest and get her body and mind focused in competing at worlds. And after that she should plan for future. If she is going to try different jumps, she should just do them, quietly. Work on her jumps, choreo, costumes, change her coach or whatever. And she should come out when she is ready and shows what she's got. All this talk is only putting a focus on what she has failed to do for this Olympics (hello, shouldn't she have got her triples together for this Olympics) and raising expectations and publicity she does not need.

LOL , Mao has 3/3 that were ratified in competitions before, so what is the big deal if she talks about setting a goal to get the 3/3 again in the future. Mao talking about 3/3 is "losing it". OTOH YuNa team is talking about 3A (which by the way YuNa has never completed a 3A in competition, and somehow that is not "losing it"). WOW, Mao won silver and is described as "failed". Going into the olys, she did not have the triple lutz nor the triple sal. Going into the olys YuNa does not have the triple axel, or the triple loop. So how is Mao "failing"?

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
LOL , Mao has 3/3 that were ratified in competitions before, so what is the big deal if she talks about setting a goal to get the 3/3 again in the future. Mao talking about 3/3 is "losing it". OTOH YuNa team is talking about 3A (which by the way YuNa has never completed a 3A in competition, and somehow that is not "losing it"). WOW, Mao won silver and is described as "failed". Going into the olys, she did not have the triple lutz nor the triple sal. Going into the olys YuNa does not have the triple axel, or the triple loop. So how is Mao "failing"?

Because Yuna even without a 3a or 3lo and with three 2a in her LP beat Mao by a huge margin despite Mao doing three 3a.

rtureck

Final Flight
Because Yuna even without a 3a or 3lo and with three 2a in her LP beat Mao by a huge margin despite Mao doing three 3a.

No one is debating YuNa beat Mao. I was answering a poster who said Mao was 'losing it" but talking and setting a goal for 3/3. ??? Since Mao had 3/3 ratified in competitions before, and most ppl are talking about Mao needs to get 3/3 in the future. So how come Mao was called "losing it" when she talks about 3/3?

miki88

Medalist
Mao did her 3A but she also made mistakes on two other jumps. Anyways, I think some of these critcisms of Mao should stop. She's clearly acknowlediging her weaknesses and saying she wants to improve, so isn't that a good thing? I think we should encourage her at the very least.

Last edited: