Thread: Video: Jr. Pairs Champions Sui/Han's throw quad salcow!

Banned

Video: Jr. Pairs Champions Sui/Han's throw quad salcow!

Sui 2-footed the landing but the attempt was still very impressive with excellent height and air position. They even had a difficult entrance going into the throw quad salcow!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr1tpyrH4HM

Their SP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZijAGke6mU

^^ WOW that was quite a throw. Very talented young pair team. I have been reading about them the past couple of days so nice to finally see both of their programs. Well deserved gold medal for them.

Thanks for posting.

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Oh god. I see here the next Olympic champions (or should I say, not to jinx them, heavy OGM contenders). That throw was pure genius! I must keep an eye out on them.

Yao Bin?

Waiting for on-ice perfection.
    Oh god. I see here the next Olympic champions (or should I say, not to jinx them, heavy OGM contenders). That throw was pure genius! I must keep an eye out on them.

Quote Originally Posted by dlgpffps View Post

Yao Bin?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_Cong
    According to this Wikipedia page, no. Their coach is Luan Bo, also known as Yao Bin's former partner. Hahaha.

So in a way, maybe.

Then again, isn't he Head Coach in the Chinese Pairs team anyway?

Custom Title
    Wow. I remember the Zhang's did quad twist when they won junior worlds. Are they old enough to compete senior grand prixs yet?

I believe the only Quad Throw that was ratified was Vise and Trent in I believe Eric Bompard 2007(?). Unfortunately, they were zapped for a bronze medal because Pang & Tong were also entered for their non scoring event. IMO, if a team (or skater) goes for a non scoring event, the Event should ignore them in toto. Let them be happy with a new batch of judges.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I believe the only Quad Throw that was ratified was Vise and Trent in I believe Eric Bompard 2007(?). Unfortunately, they were zapped for a bronze medal because Pang & Tong were also entered for their non scoring event. IMO, if a team (or skater) goes for a non scoring event, the Event should ignore them in toto. Let them be happy with a new batch of judges.
    Kawaguti/Smirnov had a quad throw ratified at Wor4lds 08, with a -.11 GOE

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    IMO, if a team (or skater) goes for a non scoring event, the Event should ignore them in toto. Let them be happy with a new batch of judges.
    We are beating a long dead horse here. There are no non-scoring events any more, and have not been since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Kawaguti/Smirnov had a quad throw ratified at Wor4lds 08, with a -.11 GOE
    Thank you, I didn't know that. Why the negative GoE?

So we'll leave it that Vise and Trent were the first.

Custom Title
    It was slightly off with a lightly two-footed landing, but her rotation in the air was crazy fast. Here's a link to the program - the throw occurs at ~52 seconds in)

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    We are beating a long dead horse here. There are no non-scoring events any more, and have not been since 2007.
    I agree. We've swept that incident under the rug. Only the poor skaters had to suffer.

Sensibly the ISU has a list of next-in-lines to fill the gaps.

Custom Title
    Do you think this pair will run into trouble once Sui grows? I mean, she is 4'7" now so I assume she won't stay that small for forever...

Custom Title
    It was so fast in the air. I was like wow even though it was 2 footed. I think it may be harder as they get older.

They decided to make a tribute to Miki (she landed the first female quad in the Hague)!

But that was just OMG!