Where is Chen Lu now? | Golden Skate

Where is Chen Lu now?

jBroxton7001

Rinkside
While watching Yu-Na's glorious victory, I couldn't help thinking about Chen Lu.
Like Yu-Na, she was truly the trailblazer for her country.

Being relatively new fan of this sport, I did not see her skating live.
But after watching several videos on youtube, I was moved by her beautiful skating and musicality.

Where is she now? I could not find any news about her.
Is she still involved in this sports?

jBroxton7001

Rinkside
Thank you, bibi!!! that video is great.
especially for the part of her son, Nikita. Are we seeing future OGM winner now? :laugh:

I feel relief that she is happy now. Thank you again.

bibi24

Final Flight
Glad you are a fan of LuLu! Her connection with the music in her programs and artistically is truly something SPECIAL :)

This girl has been through so much, the ups and downs, it's good to see her at where she wants to be after all the triumphs.

Everyone remembers Chen Lu rising to fame to a world champion. Then only to have the Chinese federation put an insane amount of pressure and restrictions on her to repeat that success. After her struggle and downfall to a 25th place finish at worlds, it was really emotional to see Chen Lu able to pick herself up to a bronze medal finish at the Olympics.

Back then it was an amazing time to watch skating, having two sweethearts Michelle Kwan and Chen Lu dazzling the skating world, and Chen's career even began early when she had more athletic prowess in technical feats alongside Kristi Yamaguchi and Midori Ito.

I'm so glad someone brought up Chen Lu. She was one of the jewels of her era. I'll never forget that 1996 Worlds, when Michelle and Lulu skated to a virtual tie. Plus, as you pointed out, she was her country's skating pathfinder, way before the pairs teams found their way into the world spotlight.Isn't YouTube wonderful? It's definitely worth seeking out videos of her.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thanks for posting the link.
I always loved Lulu's skating and it was nice to see the clip and to see that she is doing so well.

I liked her comments about the new scoring - but wasn't really surprised. She always had a distinctive and original style to her skating and programs and I think skating misses the type of creativity and expression Lulu brought to the ice.

I was lucky enough to see her skate Live and believe me she was one of those skaters who was even better in person.