Has Anyone seen 'Precious' the Movie??? | Golden Skate

Has Anyone seen 'Precious' the Movie???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would like to see it because it's up for an academy. Has anyone seen it and what did you think??

msz

Spectator
I saw it last fall. It is excellent - but you've got to be in the correct frame of mind when you see it. It is intense, and like a fantastic piece of literature or art. Thinking of other movies I saw last year, I think the Oscar nominations are well deserved.

I really want to see The Hurt Locker, An Education, and Up in the Air.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw it last fall. It is excellent - but you've got to be in the correct frame of mind when you see it.
Msz, you read my mind. I've wanted to see it but I thought it would be like Shindler's list. I saw Shindler's list midmorning and it ruined the whole rest of the day for me.

I did go see Precious Saturday evening and WOW!!! and as you say it is excellent is putting it mildly!! Monique deserved her oscar 10 times over....my God what a performance. Although this film dealt with some heavy duty issues, I was not depressed after seeing it. Matter of fact, the film made me so grateful for who I am. I have thought a lot about it since I saw it.

Do you remember Mongo???? I thought Mongo deserved at best.... a mention ... I thought Mongo deserved an oscar too.