Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2010 World Junior Figure Skating Championships Preview

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by coconutpunch View Post
    Polina's condition will surely be a key factor.
    Yes, I agree with you. She has all the triples, 3Lz-3T, 2A-3T and 3S-3T (and did it with ease last week at the Russian cup). She also has the real lutz when Kanako and Christina both have flutzes.
    I think that another Polina, Agafonova, has something to say too. I'm almost sure she will go for 3Lz-3T in the SP and probably will do 3Lz-3T and 3S-3T in the LP. She doesn't always fully rotate her jumps, but at Junior Nationals she did very well and her spins are good (her layback spin is one of the best). I like her, she is so tiny and cute, and I will cheer for her )))

Custom Title
    I'm pulling for Anna. She is just a joy to watch. Her jazz SP is so much better than Rachael Flatt's and she is only 13! Recently she has become a lot more consistent with her jumps and everything else - speed, difficult spins, flexibility, footwork, presence - is already there. I think it's so much fun to watch her get so into her programs, her expressions actually remind me a lot of young Sasha. And she always looks happy in the Kiss and Cry, which is nice to see for a change. Her jumps are also really big (I know the technique is a bit weird but still) which is nice to see from a tall skater, it has more impact than the miniature skaters.

I like Polina Agafonova too, she is cute. Where she is so little she might consider switching to pairs if she doesn't do as well in singles as she hoped. She is flexible and has good lines so I think she would be great at pairs.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Who skated in Westminster?
    THE Westminster not IN Westminster. Westminster Waltz (one of the two Junior draws for CD this year with the Argentine. Tango)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    THE Westminster not IN Westminster. Westminster Waltz (one of the two Junior draws for CD this year with the Argentine. Tango)
    Ohh. But who skated this? I thought Shelepen went to the Cup of Russia final a few days ago?

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Ohh. But who skated this? I thought Shelepen went to the Cup of Russia final a few days ago?
    As a single ladies skater, Shelepen wouldn't have skated a compulsory dance...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kypma View Post
    Ok I'm beyond confused . Polina Shelepen has been fighting an injury though, and that combined with her growth spurt has made her unpredictable lately. She has a new SP which I don't think is as good as her old one, but most important will be if she is able to hold onto those jumps or not. I still think Gao, and potentially her two other Russian teammates, could beat Polina S.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kypma View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Is this convo really hapenning?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SerpentineSteps View Post
    LOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!! Is this convo really hapenning?
    I was just having a dumb moment. And I just watched Zawadski, for someone so tall she has really big jumps, potentially she could win this competition, though those Russian girls are feisty

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Those scores for I&K in the Westminster are puzzling. They must have skated a heck of a lot better than they did at Russian Nats where they had a lot of bobbles.
    Iliknyk/Katsalapov had the highest CD score during the JGP season, and they skated the Westminster Waltz twice, so it's not exactly surprising.

Pushkash/Kiselev had a great CD (also the WW) in Turkey, where they beat M/K in that segment, though finished second overall. So it also seems to be a strong dance for them.

I don't think the Shibutanis have skated this particular CD this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2