Interview With an Olympic Judge | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Interview With an Olympic Judge

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Not necessarily. It depends.

How so?

Sport can be broken down into numbers: into points, seconds, decimal places, etc. Sometimes it's easy to judge achievements. In those cases, you might have only one or two referees, or a linesmen, etc. Now, you're still gonna have debates that ring out through time (Maradona's "Hand of God" goal, for example), but that happens when you have passion in anything. Sport can be objective

Art can't be. My perception of art is filtered through my experiences. My experiences are different than yours, and those are different from Mathman and from seniorita etc. Art is subjective. So trying to marry the two is always going to be problematic. And that historical value you mention it's filtered through so many things, that I really wonder what the point of such a statement is. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but trying to understand.

bibi24

Final Flight
Yags also had practically an illusion spin on the end of his triple flip too - his head went right down towards the ice and how he didn't put a hand or foot down is beyond me.

I think Plush's only mistake was a step out (and probably under-rotation not that it would have mattered then) on the 3LP at the end of the opening 4/3/3 attempt.

Ant

Plushenko doubled his last triple Salchow, also the energy really died down towards the end.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Plushenko doubled his last triple Salchow, also the energy really died down towards the end.

Oh yes! I'd forgotten that - he went through a phase of struggling with the triple salchow - I think it was around the time he was training the quad seriously.
Ant

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Maybe there is a reason, but was the "persons" attributed to asking to "adjust scoring" reported?

Just being copacetic to the fact it is there doesn't help fix the issue. I hear so much proof yet little is done to remedy it.

A few ways to flush them out have been suggested and I believe those things are not done so as to maintain the "cheat" factor in F.S. It seems that there is some benefit to adjusting scores to the people in charge or it would have been illuminated by now.

I think Speedy wants the cheating to continue.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker

AND G.O.E on landings were "out of character" for Plushy. That was not his best Free, I do like watching Plushy and think he is a great skater yet it is like comparing a Transformers to Sailor Moon. I think he should go into speed skating. lol