ISU goes NUTS! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

ISU goes NUTS!

S

sleepyjl

Plushenko---jump 4 in both SP&LP, but lost
Asada---jump 3 3A but lost.Her Program was difficult.

Do you remember Timothy Goebel and Tonya Harding? IMHO, Goebel had the best and most consistent quad salchow of anyone in history (usually throwing in TWO in his FS), and Tonya's 3A was bigger and more powerful than even Midori Ito's. By your standard, then, Goebel should have won the OGM in 2002 and Tonya should have won in 1994. Is that what you want? NO, REALLY, IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, PUNK?!?!?!? Yeah, I didn't think so!

Enough with this "bigger jumps should guarantee an OGM" theory--the province of the ignorant and bull-headed.

S

sleepyjl

Do you remember Timothy Goebel and Tonya Harding? IMHO, Goebel had the best and most consistent quad salchow of anyone in history (usually throwing in TWO in his FS), and Tonya's 3A was bigger and more powerful than even Midori Ito's. By your standard, then, Goebel should have won the OGM in 2002 and Tonya should have won in 1994. Is that what you want? NO, REALLY, IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, PUNK?!?!?!? Yeah, I didn't think so!

Enough with this "bigger jumps should guarantee an OGM" theory--the province of the ignorant and bull-headed.

While you've got me riled up, here's another. Min Zhang landed THREE quad jumps in his FS at the 2002 OG. By your rationale, China should have gotten its first figure skating OGM back in 2002. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE, DULLARD??? YEAH, I DIDN'T THINK SO!!!!

Phoenix347

Final Flight
While you've got me riled up, here's another. Min Zhang landed THREE quad jumps in his FS at the 2002 OG. By your rationale, China should have gotten its first figure skating OGM back in 2002. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE, DULLARD??? YEAH, I DIDN'T THINK SO!!!!

Calm down. Don't you see that the OP intended people to riled up? Don't fall for the trap.

usethis

Rinkside
While many (rightfully) think politics are in play in figure skating, the evidences you've brought up make zero sense. Ms. Kim scored LOWER than Mr. Lysacek. And the extrapolation is done to PCS, not TES.

Now, I do think Ms. Kim is a better skater than Mr. Lysacek, but that doesn't change the facts at the Olympics.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I think Lysacek deserved to win, Chan should have been lower, Weir and Nagasu should have been higher and Kim was overscored. She had a good program, but that was overboard. Lysacek and Plushenko were both better.
As for Rochette, I don't think she just got what she got because of her mother. She did well.

Goldenskater

Rinkside
I think Lysacek deserved to win, Chan should have been lower, Weir and Nagasu should have been higher and Kim was overscored. She had a good program, but that was overboard. Lysacek and Plushenko were both better.
As for Rochette, I don't think she just got what she got because of her mother. She did well.
Please stop hurting your idol skater and her fans. It's been 2 months already and you keep saying same story over and over again.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Actually, Plushenko is not graceful and doesn't have the in betweens like some of the others. He just jumps and doesn't do much else. I would prefer to watch Lyachek a lot more.
Are you from Russia? I think your language is quite good for a foriegner. Sure would be interested in knowing where you are from.