ISU goes NUTS! | Golden Skate

ISU goes NUTS!

linkside

Spectator
Hey guys, I had a really strange feeling about 2010 Olympic,
and I try to find out what is going on behind the world of figure skating.

These are the all info I collect from NEWS,Internet, etc...
And I find out figure skating is not sport anymore. It is WAR!

Let's say who get strange score for this Olympic?

1Patrick Chan---made a mistake for jump but won
2Johnny" Weir---clean program but score was too low. Hamilton say because his program was simple.
3Plushenko---jump 4 in both SP&LP, but lost
4kim---her score was unusual.If I converted her score to men's score under the current judging system(woman's score is x0.7,man's score is x2)
her score is 10 points more than Lysachek. Note that woman have less elements compare to the man.
So she could win from the man without 3A or 4.It is super crazy.
Also, even though she skate same program, her GEO&PSC is keep adding up.
plus her program was simple like Jhonny's
5Asada---jump 3 3A but lost.Her Program was difficult.
6Nagasu---clean skate but lost
7Lysacek---won without 4

totally not making sence at all.

Then let's see who realated to which country

1Patrick----North America
2Johnny----Russia(he loves russia, and his coach is russian)
3Plushenko---Russia
4Kim----North America(coach is canadian, and she lives in canada)
5Asada---Russia(coach, program, music was Russian)
6Nagasu---North America
7Lysachek------North America

So, if you look at carefully you can see whoever related to north america get high score.

Nagasu get low score because ISU didn't have plan to give a medal to nagasu this time.
(after her skating, it take a long time until her score came out)

Why it is happens??

I heared Canadian ISU member try to become the president(today's president is Italian guy), and probablly Korea&US helped.

Why??

Korea---They lost from 2014 Olympic because they didn't have a symbol athelete.
world record figure skater can be a big appeal.
(Loyid paid $900.000 to Korea because kim get record score. They had bet)

US---Figure skating in US is fade away. But if they can make the star skater just by controlling GEO&PSC, it is good for them.
(American Idol stuff) and make a money out from it.

See? it is crazy!

I guess Russia try to stop this plan, that is why Plushenko came back.
Otherwise he didn't have any reason to come back. I heard he might have to use the wheel chair in the future because of injury.

Plushenko said he gonna bring the Putin, and now FBI is involved...So...I feel this gonna be serious problem.

(FBI is involved because Korean ppl did syber terro toward the japan's BBC which they talk about the strange judging sytem and score.
But BBC's saver is located same place with American Goverment. So US had $2000.000 damage.)

Also, Russia cought one korean guy who try to poison Asada.

I even suspect about Rochette's mother's death right now.
because NBS broadcast the figure skate's exbition but they skip asda and daisuke.
If they wanted to do it intentionally, death of rochette's mother is useful.

well...well....well....

I don't know what to say.

but Olympic can not make money anymore I heared, so they try to do those stuff. I guess.
(They even have a plan to make Youth Olympic...)

I don't care who won or lose, but I don't like Olympic became the idole show.
And I don't like ISU use the skater, couch, fan like their stuf, and didn't show any respect.

If you have a same feeling with me, Pls Mail to ISU&ISO.

This is Nuts!

BlackAxel

Final Flight
Wow, I dont even know what to say...I am guessing that this is an example when conspiracy goes to far?

Lol, the only intresting thing tht really popped out to me was the whole recalculation of Yu-na's score to mens....10 points higher than Lysacek?!!? WOW :think:

yunasashafan

On the Ice
Lol, the only intresting thing tht really popped out to me was the whole recalculation of Yu-na's score to mens....10 points higher than Lysacek?!!? WOW :think:

That is not actually true. If you factor her program components by 2 like men's scores are instead of 1.6, you'll get 89.7, which gives her 17.94 additional points. Therefore her adjusted score would be: 78.3 (TES) + 89.7 (PCS) = 168.

Lysacek's score was 84.57 (TES) + 82.8 (PCS) = 167.37

So Yuna would beat evan on PCS but he would beat her on TES. He has one extra jump, and two triple axels but a couple of his elements received negative GOEs.

Last edited:

Willywu

Rinkside
Please remember that GOE and PCS given to Yuna was really compared to the other women. PCS are really dependent on other skaters in the competition. Yuna got so high is because she skates better then the other women, however the men is a whole other story. Also her jumps would not be scoring so high in GOE if they were in the men's competition either.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
I agree that Canadians got a "hometown" boost, which is understandable, but still not entirely fair. I would say the top Canadian in every field was given that boost, the most egregious being P. Chan. It might be unintentional, or it might be a way of saying "Thank You" to Canada for being nice hosts, nothing sneaky or suspicious about it.

I don't know where you're from, linkside (I didn't check, I will after I post, though), but here in the US where I'm from, we do not consider ourselves to be "North American" in some great sports alliance with Canada. Ask the hockey players from the US or Canada how much they loved the other team! Nor does anybody consider Johnny Weir to be Russian. As Maureen O'Hara said in "Miracle on 34th street" "I speak French but that doesn't make me Joan of Arc." As for YuNa, she was overscored, but she would've won anyway, and deservedly so. I never liked her before that night, but I'm now a Yu Na fan.

Wherever there has been a proven judging scandal, it is almost always someone from the former Soviet Union involved. I'm thinking of the tapping judge, the people who influenced the French judge (IIRC), the one from Azerbajian. Maybe the ones from other countries just know enough not to get caught!

aurora100

Final Flight
Hey guys, I had a really strange feeling about 2010 Olympic,
and I try to find out what is going on behind the world of figure skating.

These are the all info I collect from NEWS,Internet, etc...
And I find out figure skating is not sport anymore. It is WAR!

Let's say who get strange score for this Olympic?

1Patrick Chan---made a mistake for jump but won
2Johnny" Weir---clean program but score was too low. Hamilton say because his program was simple.
3Plushenko---jump 4 in both SP&LP, but lost
4kim---her score was unusual.If I converted her score to men's score under the current judging system(woman's score is x0.7,man's score is x2)
her score is 10 points more than Lysachek. Note that woman have less elements compare to the man.
So she could win from the man without 3A or 4.It is super crazy.
Also, even though she skate same program, her GEO&PSC is keep adding up.
plus her program was simple like Jhonny's

5Asada---jump 3 3A but lost.Her Program was difficult.
6Nagasu---clean skate but lost
7Lysacek---won without 4

totally not making sence at all.

Then let's see who realated to which country

1Patrick----North America
2Johnny----Russia(he loves russia, and his coach is russian)
3Plushenko---Russia
4Kim----North America(coach is canadian, and she lives in canada)
5Asada---Russia(coach, program, music was Russian)
6Nagasu---North America
7Lysachek------North America

So, if you look at carefully you can see whoever related to north america get high score.

Nagasu get low score because ISU didn't have plan to give a medal to nagasu this time.
(after her skating, it take a long time until her score came out)

Why it is happens??

I heared Canadian ISU member try to become the president(today's president is Italian guy), and probablly Korea&US helped.

Why??

Korea---They lost from 2014 Olympic because they didn't have a symbol athelete.
world record figure skater can be a big appeal.
(Loyid paid $900.000 to Korea because kim get record score. They had bet)

US---Figure skating in US is fade away. But if they can make the star skater just by controlling GEO&PSC, it is good for them.
(American Idol stuff) and make a money out from it.

See? it is crazy!

I guess Russia try to stop this plan, that is why Plushenko came back.
Otherwise he didn't have any reason to come back. I heard he might have to use the wheel chair in the future because of injury.

Plushenko said he gonna bring the Putin, and now FBI is involved...So...I feel this gonna be serious problem.

(FBI is involved because Korean ppl did syber terro toward the japan's BBC which they talk about the strange judging sytem and score.
But BBC's saver is located same place with American Goverment. So US had $2000.000 damage.)

Also, Russia cought one korean guy who try to poison Asada.

because NBS broadcast the figure skate's exbition but they skip asda and daisuke.

well...well....well....

I don't know what to say.

but Olympic can not make money anymore I heared, so they try to do those stuff. I guess.
(They even have a plan to make Youth Olympic...)

I don't care who won or lose, but I don't like Olympic became the idole show.
And I don't like ISU use the skater, couch, fan like their stuf, and didn't show any respect.

If you have a same feeling with me, Pls Mail to ISU&ISO.

This is Nuts!

Wow, there is a lot of theory in this thread. Too many to comment but I will just say something on Yuna's scores. It's not true to say she does same thing and keeps getting higher scores (GOE etc.). She skated better in the Olympics. Everyone was getting overscored. So for her to get 2 points more on her Olympic SP (78 something) which was perfect to her last best score from Skate America (76 something) is not overscoring. On her LP, she got a huge score in TEB with completely missing a triple flip. In her Olympic LP she did all the elements and her jumps were huge and far in distance). Of course she would get much higher for having done all the jumps and higher and farther than anyone else. And add general overscoring at the Olympics, her marks were not overscored.

If anything, Mao was hugely overscored in her Olympic LP with barely doing any triples successfully other than triple axels, which she was given scores for. Leonova of Russia did more elements than Mao did with much pizzaz and she was underscored. Mirai did 7 triples and got underscored. Caroline should have gotten a lot lower than what she did in both SP and LP. She was held up by her reputation of being fast on ice, which never has and still does not make any sense to me. Too fast to land her jumps, makes no sense to me.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I agree that Canadians got a "hometown" boost, which is understandable, but still not entirely fair. I would say the top Canadian in every field was given that boost, the most egregious being P. Chan. It might be unintentional, or it might be a way of saying "Thank You" to Canada for being nice hosts, nothing sneaky or suspicious about it.

Well, I am Canadian but I really don't think this is a fair statement.

As for this thread, it's ludicrous. The only thing suspicious here is that a group of ISU judges actually judged what happened on the ice as per the ISU rules (CoP). That makes me wonder if armageddon is far off!

Last edited:

linkside

Spectator
Hi

I don't mean to attack the certain skater.
I just talk about how this judging system is not working.

And thank you for correcting my calculation yunasashafan.

Yes she got 168 point for her FP while Lysachek got 167.37.
Plushenko & Lysachek had 4 or 3A + one more elements but still lower than Kim.
Isn't it strange? So In that case, the guy who can't jump 3A or 4 and made mistake of one elements still can win??? if he get a lot of GEO&Program Component?

That is the point.

GEO

Kim 17.4
Plushenko 7.68
Lysachek 9.64
Asada 8.82
takahashi 3.20
nagasu 8.50
Rochette 4.42

The problem is we don't know how GEO & Program Components is decided.
If you look at only the olympic, we have to compare some skater with other skater.
But let's see the past.
Figure skater skate the same program for one season, right?
But only GEO & Program Components are keep changing, and nobody know how they decide.
For example, Asada skated clean before the Olympic but her total score was below this time. (even though she made a mistake of jump, her score was higher in Olympic somehow)
Kim did same clean job but her GEO& Program Components were growing up dramatically.

It is too too "subjective" This is what I mean.
And if it is too subjective, it is easy to buy a judge and nobody understand even conspiracy goes.We have to know behind the olympic alwasy politic is involved.Olympic can make a money.
Please understand that I admit everyone did great job, I don't mean to harm anyone.
I talk about Figure skate as a sports, and think about future of the figure skate.
I only talk about what is going on behind the stage.

I was wondering why NBC started to show the figure skating and fire Dick Button and Scott Hamilton show up.And why they keep advertise Johnny's reality show during the Olympic.
probably, istead of olympic, they present him a show?

This is all my point.
If they don't give a reward to jump or new technique, and score is pretty much can fixed by GEO&Program Components(which we never can understand), we should say ISU can chose who win or lose very easily.
Don't you think so?
Which sports don't show the nationality of judges and score is decided secretly?

And I think this situation is totally disrespect to all the skater.This is what I talk about.

key65man

Rinkside
Different judging standards for men and ladies. For instance, Yuna's jumps will not get as high GoE if she is a man and competes in the mens. That is because, for instance, her jump height and distance would be not be as excellent comparatively to men's. Once Yuna retires, you will see GoE creeping up across all lady skaters because the other ladies' jumps, for example, are no longer judged comparatively to Yuna's.

Long live Mao, linkside. LMAO.

linkside

Spectator
>Different judging standards for men and ladies

Actually, judging standards is same.
That is why I talk about this system is not working.
(And that is why they said "it is impossible woman get score more than 200")

I don't talk about who should should the medal or who shouldn't get medal.
That story is already done.

I talk about future of the skate.

miki88

Medalist
It does make sense that Yuna gets high GOE for her 3-3 combo, because she does the best out of the ladies. However, but then who can they make the comparison for Mao, since no other lady is doing the 3A right now. They can only compare her axels to the men or other ladies who have done it in the past. Since the difficulty of each jump is different, I don't think GOE criteria should be awarded in the same manner. However, a great double axel can potentially trump a average executed harder triple; therefore, it's clear there is a problem in the distribution of GOE.

key65man

Rinkside
>Different judging standards for men and ladies

Actually, judging standards is same.
That is why I talk about this system is not working.
(And that is why they said "it is impossible woman get score more than 200")

I don't talk about who should should the medal or who shouldn't get medal.
That story is already done.

I talk about future of the skate.

Using the same example I used before, men and ladies have the same categories (e.g., jump height/distance). They are just differently scored. Does this sound better?

You would not be doing this if Mao got the gold. No, you are not talking about the future of figure skating. Rather, it is about you and not winning it this time.

Adios...

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I just talk about how this judging system is not working.

I must have missed how Joannie Rochette's mother's death being suspicious to you has anything to do with the judging system. And actually, your OP is a conspiracy theory about Canadians trying to become the head of the ISU and how the entire Olympics was fixed to the point of the FBI being involved (which it's not). Your OP had nothing to do with the judging system at all.

Not to mention the theme of "I don't like the way the Code of Points works based on this competition's results" has been talked(argued) to death and nearly every thread about the Olympics has been turned into that. It's time to let it go. If you really hate it, write to the ISU.

Last edited:

Johnnnn

On the Ice
It's GOE, not GEO, and PCS, not PSC (that just proves that you don't know **** about skating) lol Also, ISU has clear guideline for GOEs and Yuna meets most of the criteria while Mao doesn't. The document is available to everyone to read and TAT and Mao didn't bother looking at it and putting a program that can maximize the points (or Asada is just not able to meet those criterias such as height/speed, creative entry/exit, effortlessness, flow, etc).

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Johnnnn said:
lol Also, ISU has clear guideline for GOEs and Yuna meets most of the criteria while Mao doesn't.

Yeah, I mean the judges have a checklist of things they need to go through before just handing out GOE like a crazy person. While I know that sometimes GOE can be a little nuts (no pun intended), the judges they chose for the Olympics should (I hope) have enough experience on the international circut to be able to look at a jump and go through this list mentally and quickly. If you look at the handbook, Yu-Na's jumps fit almost (if not all) of the criteria for a GOE-rich jump.