Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ISU goes NUTS!

I just talk about how this judging system is not working.
    I must have missed how Joannie Rochette's mother's death being suspicious to you has anything to do with the judging system. And actually, your OP is a conspiracy theory about Canadians trying to become the head of the ISU and how the entire Olympics was fixed to the point of the FBI being involved (which it's not). Your OP had nothing to do with the judging system at all.

Not to mention the theme of "I don't like the way the Code of Points works based on this competition's results" has been talked(argued) to death and nearly every thread about the Olympics has been turned into that. It's time to let it go. If you really hate it, write to the ISU.
    Last edited by Sk8n Mama; 03-15-2010 at 09:33 AM.

Banned
    Thanks OP. Great stuff.

Custom Title
    It's GOE, not GEO, and PCS, not PSC (that just proves that you don't know **** about skating) lol Also, ISU has clear guideline for GOEs and Yuna meets most of the criteria while Mao doesn't. The document is available to everyone to read and TAT and Mao didn't bother looking at it and putting a program that can maximize the points (or Asada is just not able to meet those criterias such as height/speed, creative entry/exit, effortlessness, flow, etc).

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnnn
    lol Also, ISU has clear guideline for GOEs and Yuna meets most of the criteria while Mao doesn't.
    Yeah, I mean the judges have a checklist of things they need to go through before just handing out GOE like a crazy person. While I know that sometimes GOE can be a little nuts (no pun intended), the judges they chose for the Olympics should (I hope) have enough experience on the international circut to be able to look at a jump and go through this list mentally and quickly. If you look at the handbook, Yu-Na's jumps fit almost (if not all) of the criteria for a GOE-rich jump.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by linkside View Post
    I don't mean to attack the certain skater.
    You do.
    I know you go mad because your favorite skater doesn't win OGM.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by linkside View Post

Plushenko---jump 4 in both SP&LP, but lost
    Asada---jump 3 3A but lost.Her Program was difficult.
    Do you remember Timothy Goebel and Tonya Harding? IMHO, Goebel had the best and most consistent quad salchow of anyone in history (usually throwing in TWO in his FS), and Tonya's 3A was bigger and more powerful than even Midori Ito's. By your standard, then, Goebel should have won the OGM in 2002 and Tonya should have won in 1994. Is that what you want? NO, REALLY, IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, PUNK?!?!?!? Yeah, I didn't think so!

Enough with this "bigger jumps should guarantee an OGM" theory--the province of the ignorant and bull-headed.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjl View Post
    Do you remember Timothy Goebel and Tonya Harding? IMHO, Goebel had the best and most consistent quad salchow of anyone in history (usually throwing in TWO in his FS), and Tonya's 3A was bigger and more powerful than even Midori Ito's. By your standard, then, Goebel should have won the OGM in 2002 and Tonya should have won in 1994. Is that what you want? NO, REALLY, IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT, PUNK?!?!?!? Yeah, I didn't think so!

Enough with this "bigger jumps should guarantee an OGM" theory--the province of the ignorant and bull-headed.
    While you've got me riled up, here's another. Min Zhang landed THREE quad jumps in his FS at the 2002 OG. By your rationale, China should have gotten its first figure skating OGM back in 2002. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE, DULLARD??? YEAH, I DIDN'T THINK SO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjl View Post
    While you've got me riled up, here's another. Min Zhang landed THREE quad jumps in his FS at the 2002 OG. By your rationale, China should have gotten its first figure skating OGM back in 2002. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE, DULLARD??? YEAH, I DIDN'T THINK SO!!!!
    Calm down. Don't you see that the OP intended people to riled up? Don't fall for the trap.

Constable , Costume Police colleen o'neill's Avatar
    You've entered the Twilight Zone...( du,du,du,du...)

Rinkside
    While many (rightfully) think politics are in play in figure skating, the evidences you've brought up make zero sense. Ms. Kim scored LOWER than Mr. Lysacek. And the extrapolation is done to PCS, not TES.

Now, I do think Ms. Kim is a better skater than Mr. Lysacek, but that doesn't change the facts at the Olympics.

Tripping on the Podium
    linkside, uhhh another big time nut!

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    I think Lysacek deserved to win, Chan should have been lower, Weir and Nagasu should have been higher and Kim was overscored. She had a good program, but that was overboard. Lysacek and Plushenko were both better.
    As for Rochette, I don't think she just got what she got because of her mother. She did well.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan View Post
    I think Lysacek deserved to win, Chan should have been lower, Weir and Nagasu should have been higher and Kim was overscored. She had a good program, but that was overboard. Lysacek and Plushenko were both better.
    As for Rochette, I don't think she just got what she got because of her mother. She did well.
    Please stop hurting your idol skater and her fans. It's been 2 months already and you keep saying same story over and over again.

Was this already posted? I came across it this afternoon and got from a few laughs from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APNi9...eature=related

Custom Title
    Time to take off the tinfoil hat and point the antennae to another planet, I think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast