Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: World's Prediction Thread

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    chloepoco, what is your ethnicity?
    A mix of many--Korean, Chinese, Filipino, Portuguese, Spanish, and some Japanese. American citizen.

And what is yours, if I may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post
    A mix of many--Korean, Chinese, Filipino, Portuguese, Spanish, and some Japanese. American citizen.

Wow, so much diversity!

can't come down to Earth prettykeys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chloepoco View Post

I am Korean, born in Canada. I'm never offended when people refer to me as "Korean", or "Canadian"; I think either is valid. So I don't think it's "wrong" to say that Mirai is either Japanese, or American. I consider both true for her.

Although, since you're such a mix, it would be weird to refer to you by ethnicity rather than just American, so I see where you're coming from.
    Last edited by prettykeys; 03-25-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by prettykeys View Post
    I am Korean, born in Canada. I'm never offended when people refer to me as "Korean", or "Canadian"; I think either is valid. So I don't think it's "wrong" to say that Mirai is either Japanese, or American. I consider both true for her.

Although, since you're such a mix, it would be weird to refer to you by ethnicity rather than just American, so I see where you're coming from.
    I didn't say it was wrong to say Mirai is Japanese. She holds dual citizenship, therefore, she is Japanese and American. However, I do believe when the time comes, she will choose to be an American, and I think at the moment, she is more "Americanized" than she is Japanese.

As for myself, yes, I refer to myself as an American. However, regarding ethnicity, I probably relate more to my Asian side, as my mother is Korean, it is on my father's side that I have such a mixture. Also, my focus in college was on Asian Studies and Japanese Language; and I was fortunate enough to study in Japan. I've lived in both Japan and Korea, and enjoyed both countries. By the way, I've only visited Canada, and find Canada a very beautiful place also. You are very lucky.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7