Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: World's Prediction Thread

On the Ice
    If everyone skates their best and the judges are fair:
    Men
    1. Takahashi
    2. Abbott
    3. Plushenko (only if he does more jumps in 2nd half and there are enough judges on the panel that give hip grinding and blowing kisses higher PCS)
    4. Oda
    5. Kozuka
    6. Chan
    7. Rippon

Joubert, stick a fork in him. Amodio is the French #1 and will now receive higher marks.

Ladies
    1. Kim
    2. Asada
    3. Nagasu
    4. Suzuki
    5. Ando
    6. Rochette
    7. Lepisto
    8. Flatt

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I can't believe we don't have one yet!
    It's probably because it's hard to make predictions for an event where we don't yet know who the competitors will be. They keep changing every day with more withdrawals.

Custom Title
    Still confusing because of more and more withdrawals.

Ladies:
    1. Kim
    2.Asada
    3.Nagasu

Men:
    1.Takahashi
    2.Plushenko
    3.Chan
    ( A flawless Abbot-very unlikely happens- can WIN this).

Pairs:
    1.Pang-Tong
    2.Savchenko-Szolkowy
    3.Mukhortova-Trankov

Dance:
    1.Virtue-Moir
    2.Davies-White
    3.Faiella-Scali

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breeze View Post
    My prediction is also very close to the above two.

Ladies:
    1. Kim
    2. Asada
    3. Nagasu
    4. Flatt
    5. Rochette

This is considering Rochette might not be in her top form right now. But if she can pull herself together through the end of the season and again show us the strength and concentration as she did in Vancouver, I think she will probably take bronze, or even silver. She did beat Asada quite a few times in the last year, didn't she? Personally I hope she manages to deliver two good performances and take a medal. The downside of this happening will be Mirai out of podium, though.

Men:
    1. Plushenko
    2. Takahashi
    3,4. Oda / Abbott
    5. Chan

I just couldn't decide 3, 4 between Oda with new skate laces and Abbott with a clean free skate. And I agree with Layfan that Abbott will either medal or bomb.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post

With the men, I'm curious why you have Dai so low?
    After his GPF LP, I've had my doubts about Dai's consistency. That one program made him drop from 1st in the SP to 5th overall. Plus if he goes for the quad and falls again that will hurt him. With men it's also unpredictable because I never expected Oda and Kozuka to finish as low as 7th and 8th at the Olympics but they did and that was with both of them skating pretty well.

I'm also wondering how plausible people think Bradley, Contesti, and Verner making the top 10 is? I mean, I know they are more than capable, and I just hope they can redeem themselves after poor showings at the Olympics and for Ryan, his SP at nationals. I'm not expecting anything fantastic out of these men at worlds but finishing 8th or 10th would definitely end the season on a higher note than their abysmal finishes at the Olympics, and give them some more confidence heading into next season (for Contesti and Verner). I'm just a little worried about PCS though, they both got really low PCS at the Olympics and I don't really know why. Do PCS go down when you bomb a program like they did?

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    After his GPF LP, I've had my doubts about Dai's consistency. That one program made him drop from 1st in the SP to 5th overall. Plus if he goes for the quad and falls again that will hurt him. With men it's also unpredictable because I never expected Oda and Kozuka to finish as low as 7th and 8th at the Olympics but they did and that was with both of them skating pretty well.

I'm also wondering how plausible people think Bradley, Contesti, and Verner making the top 10 is? I mean, I know they are more than capable, and I just hope they can redeem themselves after poor showings at the Olympics and for Ryan, his SP at nationals. I'm not expecting anything fantastic out of these men at worlds but finishing 8th or 10th would definitely end the season on a higher note than their abysmal finishes at the Olympics, and give them some more confidence heading into next season (for Contesti and Verner). I'm just a little worried about PCS though, they both got really low PCS at the Olympics and I don't really know why. Do PCS go down when you bomb a program like they did?
    Didn't Verner splat during his footwork? Or was that someone else? I dunno, when you wipe the floor on your footwork I imagine that takes away from the performance a bit ... :indiff:

I'm going back to my original plan, which is to ignore Verner and Kostner at worlds. I promised myself I'd take a fridgebreak during their skates at the Olympics but I couldn't help myself watching and of course, it was painful. Of course, I wish them all the best but better for my nerves to pretend they don't exist. It'll be stressful enough watching Jeremy and Ryan.
    But let me know how Verner does!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Didn't Verner splat during his footwork? Or was that someone else? I dunno, when you wipe the floor on your footwork I imagine that takes away from the performance a bit ... :indiff:

I'm going back to my original plan, which is to ignore Verner and Kostner at worlds. I promised myself I'd take a fridgebreak during their skates at the Olympics but I couldn't help myself watching and of course, it was painful. Of course, I wish them all the best but better for my nerves to pretend they don't exist. It'll be stressful enough watching Jeremy and Ryan.
    But let me know how Verner does!
    Yeah, he did, so he got level 1 for that footwork sequence with bad GOE. It is very unusual for Tomas to fall on footwork, he has great edge quality, the popping of jumps is nothing new but the splat on the footwork is. He really needs to make sure he goes into his 3a with speed though, when he does, his 3a is beautiful, but recently he's been stalking it with no speed and pop, pop, pop. This season has been disappointing for him but he at least seems to be going for most of his jumps now. I think he can redeem himself with the pressure of the Olympics off and Michal in the limelight.

I was more surprised with Contesti though, he did worse in the FS at the Olympics than Verner. He didn't do any combinations and badly messed up both of his 3a even though he has one of the best 3a out there. Seemed like his heart really was not in it, maybe he was upset because at Europeans he had 2 clean programs and was only 5th. He is so fun to watch I hope he brings it here!

Ryan. Um yeah all too often he lands the quads and then makes stupid mistakes. All that talent! Please Ryan, make this last performance a good one!

Custom Title
    men

1 takahashi
    2 abott
    3 plushenko

ladies

1 yu-na
    2 miki
    3 mao

pair

1 pang/tong
    2 s/s
    3 k/s

dance

1 v/m
    2m/w
    3 f/m

I'll do top 3 for all disciplines, I guess.. top 5 seems too hard lol

Men

1) Plushenko.. with no Lysacek, I have to give it to him!
    2) Takahashi - COULD beat Plushenko
    3) Oda - Since he won't have a broken lace this time (at least I hope not!), I can see him here although I would rather have Chan or Bradley

Women

1) Kim - no one's catching her
    2) Mao
    3) Mirai

Pairs

1) Savchenko and Szolkowy - they'll get it back together
    2) Pang and Tong - riding an Olympic silver high
    3) Kavaguti and Smirnov - redeeming themselves to the Russian Fed?

Dance

1) Virtue and Moir
    2) Davis and White
    3) Faiella and Scali

Custom Title
    No more Joannie, new predictions!

Ladies:

1.) Yuna
    2.) Mirai
    3.) Mao
    4.) Miki
    5.) Rachael
    6.) Carolina
    7.) Akiko
    8.) Laura
    9.) Alena
    10.) Ksenia/Kiira/Elene/Kwak

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    No more Joannie, new predictions!

Ladies:

1.) Yuna
    2.) Mirai
    3.) Mao
    4.) Miki
    5.) Rachael
    6.) Carolina
    7.) Akiko
    8.) Laura
    9.) Alena
    10.) Ksenia/Kiira/Elene/Kwak
    Definite possibility. Mirai can and I think will shoot to the top (up to Yuna that is).

Custom Title
    Ladies
    Yu-Na will win hands down
    Mao Asada
    Mirai Nagasu

Men
    Chan
    Plushenko
    Takahashi

Quadless all around skaters have won worlds in 2008 and 2009 and in 2010 Olympics. Judges are sending messages!

Custom Title
    Plushenko is going? In the words of another Platinum medalist, "WHHHHYYYYYYYYYY?!"

Men's
    1. Plushenko
    2. Takahashi
    3. Abbott

Women's
    1. Kim
    2. Mao
    3. Ando/Lepisto

Pairs
    1. The Chinese (P/T)
    2. The Russians
    3. The Germans

Dance
    1. Canada
    2. USA
    3. Italia

On the Ice
    Pairs:
    1.SS
    2.KS
    3.MT

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Ladies Predictions:
    1. Kim
    2. Asada
    3. Ando (is she going? If not, probably Kostner)

Mens:
    1. Plushenko (without Evan, he's guaranteed it)
    2. Takahashi
    3. Oda or Chan

Pairs:
    1. Germans
    2. Chinese
    3. Russians

Dance:
    1. Virtue/ Moir
    2. Davis/ White
    3. Italians

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast