Dream Podiums for Worlds | Golden Skate

Dream Podiums for Worlds

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
What would you love to see happen? Can be totally unrealistic!

Ladies:
Mao Asada
Mirai Nagasu
Racheal Flatt

Men:
Jeremey Abbott
Daisuke Takahashi
Nobunari Oda

Pairs:
Aliona and Robin
Dube and Davidson
don't care. whoever skates well

Dance:
Davis and White
Virtue and Moir
Kerr and Kerr

Last edited:

jennylovskt

Medalist
Is it Stephane not coming?

I won't have dream podium - too much heart breaking.

Last edited:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yeah I don't want to jinx any of my favorite inconsistent skaters....cough, Bradley, Verner, Joubert, Contesti

Me neither but I can't resist:

women:
1. Yuna
2. Mao
3. Mirai :love:

Actually, I don't really care if Mao or Yuna wins gold as long as they are both at their best...

Men:
1. Daisuke
2. Abbott
3. Ryan Bradley (you did say we could be unrealistic :biggrin:)

jozmen01

Rinkside
We are just dreaming, right, since my choices aren't realistic!

My dream podium:

Ladies
1. Mirai Nagasu:clap:
2. Rachel Flatt
3. Mao Asada

Men
1. Jeremy Abbott
2. Johnny Weir
3. Stephane Lambiel

Pairs
1. The Germans
2. Pang/Tong
3. Can't decide!!

Ice Dancing
1. Davis/White
2. Virtue/Moir
3. Can't decide!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Me neither but I can't resist:

women:
1. Yuna
2. Mao
3. Mirai :love:

Actually, I don't really care if Mao or Yuna wins gold as long as they are both at their best...

Men:
1. Daisuke
2. Abbott
3. Ryan Bradley (you did say we could be unrealistic :biggrin:)

Ryan has three quads planned so I wouldn't say a bronze medal is completely unrealistic! I would totally love a podium with Contesti, Verner, and Bradley and considering they are big headcases, if all three did manage to be clean, the judges might get excited and they could get really high scores :agree: . Realistically though, I bet they will not make the top 10, or they will squeak in there just barely. I'm not expecting much from Jeremy either - I'm trying to prepare myself for what happens all too often.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Ryan has three quads planned so I wouldn't say a bronze medal is completely unrealistic! I would totally love a podium with Contesti, Verner, and Bradley and considering they are big headcases, if all three did manage to be clean, the judges might get excited and they could get really high scores :agree: . Realistically though, I bet they will not make the top 10, or they will squeak in there just barely. I'm not expecting much from Jeremy either - I'm trying to prepare myself for what happens all too often.

If the US Men bomb they could lose a spot for next year. If we see Jeremy and Ryan struggle then Johnny would have to place pretty high to keep the three spots.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
If the US Men bomb they could lose a spot for next year. If we see Jeremy and Ryan struggle then Johnny would have to place pretty high to keep the three spots.

I know. Realistically I think Johnny will do really well and be underscored, and Abbott and Bradley will pull there usuals and one will finish out of the top 10 and the other just barely in the top 10. But if Johnny finishes 5th and Jeremy 8th, then Bradley can afford to bomb and we still get 3 spots. I actually think the 5th and 8th is quite possible, and if all three men manage to be on their game, both Jeremy and Johnny could potentially medal and Bradley would be well in the top 10.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I would love to see Johnny medal in Worlds, thats all the dream right now :)

stephane will not go to worlds, there is official announcement on his site , weeks ago.

Layfan

Record Breaker

oh, of course I definitely think Ryan Bradley has upset medal potential ... - I just love his skating and his LP this year is to die for. His problem seems to be that he gets really excited after landing his first jumps and gets so into the performance he can't concentrate. But I am very happy to get to see his long program one more time this year.

I hadn't even thought of that possibility. Kinda makes you appreciate Evan's competitiveness even more ... it'd be very sad if that happens not really because of the three spots themselves but because Jeremy and Ryan ARE so talented. I have hopes they will show the world what they can do though, especially Jeremy. And Johnny of course, I expect to do well. I'd be awesome to see him on the podium too and not impossible with Evan and Stephane out of the picture.

Wicked

Final Flight
I want Johnny and Mirai to podium. I'd love to see Meryl and Charlie win. I want Brian to get himself together.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ladies
1. Carolina Kostner
2. Yu-Na Kim
3. Mirai Nagasu

Men
1. Jeremy Abbott
2. Takahiko Kozuka
3. Daisuke Takahashi

Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Mukhortova/Trankov
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov

Dance
1. Davis/White
2. Virtue/Moir
3. Kerr/Kerr

Last edited:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Men
Takahashi
Abbott
Chan

Ladies
Kim
Asada
Nagasu

Pairs
Pang & Tong
Dube & Davison
Kawaguti & Smirnov

Dance
Virtue & Moir
Davis & White
Whoever...

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
This is a dream thread. WARNING: Mine are VERY unrealistic.

MEN:
Gold - Ryan Bradley
Silver - Adam Rippon
Bronze - Jeremy Abbott
(I'd give Evan another gold, but... and like Plushenko or the Japanese will EVER end up off the podium.....)

LADIES:
Gold - Rochette (is she going?)
Silver - Nagasu
Bronze - Kostner or Flatt

PAIRS:
Gold - Dube/ Davidson
Silver - Pang/ Tong
Bronze - one of the American pairs (oh yes, dreaming much?)

DANCE:
Gold - Virtue/ Moir
Silver - Kerrs
Bronze - Samuelson/ Bates

breeze

Rinkside
Ok, this is fun. :)

Ladies:
1. Kim
2. Lepisto
3. Suzuki

Men:
1. Lambiel (hence the DREAM podium..)
2. Takahashi
3. Abbott

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Men:

1.) Tomas Verner
2.) Samuel Contesti
3.) Ryan Bradley

Headcases rule! But please guys, don't bomb here, please? You are all better then that, not everyone can do monster quads (Verner, Bradley) or 3a+3t (Contesti), you need to get on that ice and just be like, WE'RE THE BEST JUMPERS IN THIS WHOLE DAMN COMPETITION SO LET'S LAND EVERYTHING FOR ONCE AND SEE HOW MUCH DAMAGE WE CAN DO TO UPSET THE FAVORITES, Kay? :laugh:

Ladies:

1.) Yuna
2.) Mirai
3.) Laura

If Mao had different programs she'd be up there too, but I really just cannot stand Bells of Moscow, even though her 3a is sicknasty :agree:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Men:

1.) Tomas Verner
2.) Samuel Contesti
3.) Ryan Bradley

Headcases rule! But please guys, don't bomb here, please? You are all better then that, not everyone can do monster quads (Verner, Bradley) or 3a+3t (Contesti), you need to get on that ice and just be like, WE'RE THE BEST JUMPERS IN THIS WHOLE DAMN COMPETITION SO LET'S LAND EVERYTHING FOR ONCE AND SEE HOW MUCH DAMAGE WE CAN DO TO UPSET THE FAVORITES, Kay? :laugh:

Ladies:

1.) Yuna
2.) Mirai
3.) Laura

If Mao had different programs she'd be up there too, but I really just cannot stand Bells of Moscow, even though her 3a is sicknasty :agree:

:laugh: Glutton for punishment aren't you? But then, I refused to give up hope on Alissa all season, so I can't talk. Jeremy is my favorite headcase going into worlds though. :agree:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
:laugh: Glutton for punishment aren't you? But then, I refused to give up hope on Alissa all season, so I can't talk. Jeremy is my favorite headcase going into worlds though. :agree:

Oh dear, Alissa, yeah I thought she was finally gonna deliver and make the Olympic team this year but that just didn't happen :cry: . I just hate how the headcases have to be so talented. I mean Jeremy could WIN worlds if he was clean and Tomas has the biggest quad I've ever seen, and could have the highest TES if he just rotated. It might be better for Tomas if people just forget about him and become absorbed with Brezina so then next year Tomas can come back with a vengeance, pull a Miki Ando, beat his younger perfect 3a teammate (because they both have those :laugh:) and win worlds.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Oh dear, Alissa, yeah I thought she was finally gonna deliver and make the Olympic team this year but that just didn't happen :cry: . I just hate how the headcases have to be so talented. I mean Jeremy could WIN worlds if he was clean and Tomas has the biggest quad I've ever seen, and could have the highest TES if he just rotated. It might be better for Tomas if people just forget about him and become absorbed with Brezina so then next year Tomas can come back with a vengeance, pull a Miki Ando, beat his younger perfect 3a teammate (because they both have those :laugh:) and win worlds.

Well, Alissa always does well when everyone has forgotten about her. I mean, it's systematic. In 2007, she ends up 1st in the LP because everyone was talking about Emily and Kimmie. Then at 2008 nationals, she bombs because everyone was expecting something great after her 2007 bronze medal. Then in 2009, when everyone had written her off (again) she pulls off this amazing SP. Then, she splats in her LP once everyone is paying attention to her again ... And of course, she couldn't handle the pressure of being the US national champ at 2009 worlds or the defending champ at 2010 nationals.

Heck, Alissa and Jeremy would probably be world champions if only the audiences could be asked to politely turn their backs, plug their ears and hum loudly for four minutes.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Well, Alissa always does well when everyone has forgotten about her. I mean, it's systematic. In 2007, she ends up 1st in the LP because everyone was talking about Emily and Kimmie. Then at 2008 nationals, she bombs because everyone was expecting something great after her 2007 bronze medal. Then in 2009, when everyone had written her off (again) she pulls off this amazing SP. Then, she splats in her LP once everyone is paying attention to her again ... And of course, she couldn't handle the pressure of being the US national champ at 2009 worlds or the defending champ at 2010 nationals.

Heck, Alissa and Jeremy would probably be world champions if only the audiences could be asked to politely turn their backs, plug their ears and hum loudly for four minutes.

Well Jeremy yes. Technically Alissa isn't the strongest, she has no 3-3 and problems with URs but her spinning is excellent. I tend to think some of her jump issues are nerve-based though.