Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dream Podiums for Worlds

Custom Title
    Men:

1.) Tomas Verner
    2.) Samuel Contesti
    3.) Ryan Bradley

Headcases rule! But please guys, don't bomb here, please? You are all better then that, not everyone can do monster quads (Verner, Bradley) or 3a+3t (Contesti), you need to get on that ice and just be like, WE'RE THE BEST JUMPERS IN THIS WHOLE DAMN COMPETITION SO LET'S LAND EVERYTHING FOR ONCE AND SEE HOW MUCH DAMAGE WE CAN DO TO UPSET THE FAVORITES, Kay?

Ladies:

1.) Yuna
    2.) Mirai
    3.) Laura

If Mao had different programs she'd be up there too, but I really just cannot stand Bells of Moscow, even though her 3a is sicknasty

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Men:

1.) Tomas Verner
    2.) Samuel Contesti
    3.) Ryan Bradley

Headcases rule! But please guys, don't bomb here, please? You are all better then that, not everyone can do monster quads (Verner, Bradley) or 3a+3t (Contesti), you need to get on that ice and just be like, WE'RE THE BEST JUMPERS IN THIS WHOLE DAMN COMPETITION SO LET'S LAND EVERYTHING FOR ONCE AND SEE HOW MUCH DAMAGE WE CAN DO TO UPSET THE FAVORITES, Kay?

Ladies:

1.) Yuna
    2.) Mirai
    3.) Laura

If Mao had different programs she'd be up there too, but I really just cannot stand Bells of Moscow, even though her 3a is sicknasty
    Glutton for punishment aren't you? But then, I refused to give up hope on Alissa all season, so I can't talk. Jeremy is my favorite headcase going into worlds though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Glutton for punishment aren't you? But then, I refused to give up hope on Alissa all season, so I can't talk. Jeremy is my favorite headcase going into worlds though.
    Oh dear, Alissa, yeah I thought she was finally gonna deliver and make the Olympic team this year but that just didn't happen . I just hate how the headcases have to be so talented. I mean Jeremy could WIN worlds if he was clean and Tomas has the biggest quad I've ever seen, and could have the highest TES if he just rotated. It might be better for Tomas if people just forget about him and become absorbed with Brezina so then next year Tomas can come back with a vengeance, pull a Miki Ando, beat his younger perfect 3a teammate (because they both have those ) and win worlds.

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Oh dear, Alissa, yeah I thought she was finally gonna deliver and make the Olympic team this year but that just didn't happen . I just hate how the headcases have to be so talented. I mean Jeremy could WIN worlds if he was clean and Tomas has the biggest quad I've ever seen, and could have the highest TES if he just rotated. It might be better for Tomas if people just forget about him and become absorbed with Brezina so then next year Tomas can come back with a vengeance, pull a Miki Ando, beat his younger perfect 3a teammate (because they both have those ) and win worlds.
    Well, Alissa always does well when everyone has forgotten about her. I mean, it's systematic. In 2007, she ends up 1st in the LP because everyone was talking about Emily and Kimmie. Then at 2008 nationals, she bombs because everyone was expecting something great after her 2007 bronze medal. Then in 2009, when everyone had written her off (again) she pulls off this amazing SP. Then, she splats in her LP once everyone is paying attention to her again ... And of course, she couldn't handle the pressure of being the US national champ at 2009 worlds or the defending champ at 2010 nationals.

Heck, Alissa and Jeremy would probably be world champions if only the audiences could be asked to politely turn their backs, plug their ears and hum loudly for four minutes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    Well, Alissa always does well when everyone has forgotten about her. I mean, it's systematic. In 2007, she ends up 1st in the LP because everyone was talking about Emily and Kimmie. Then at 2008 nationals, she bombs because everyone was expecting something great after her 2007 bronze medal. Then in 2009, when everyone had written her off (again) she pulls off this amazing SP. Then, she splats in her LP once everyone is paying attention to her again ... And of course, she couldn't handle the pressure of being the US national champ at 2009 worlds or the defending champ at 2010 nationals.

Heck, Alissa and Jeremy would probably be world champions if only the audiences could be asked to politely turn their backs, plug their ears and hum loudly for four minutes.
    Well Jeremy yes. Technically Alissa isn't the strongest, she has no 3-3 and problems with URs but her spinning is excellent. I tend to think some of her jump issues are nerve-based though.

Custom Title
    Ladies
    Mao (I really think she needs this)
    Mirai
    Yu na or Miki

Men
    Jeremy 1-2
    Takahashi 1-2
    Verner, Amodio, Brezina, Denis Ten or Rippon

Pairs
    S/S
    P/T
    V/M

Dance
    D/W
    V/M
    not S/D
    Last edited by lavender; 03-10-2010 at 12:07 PM.

On the Ice
    Pairs: except PT,ZZ, anyone could!

Custom Title
    Ladies:
    Mao Asada
    Mirai Nagasu
    Laura Lepisto

Men:
    Jeremy Abbott
    Daisuke
    Adam Rippon

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Ladies
    1. Carolina Kostner
    2. Yu-Na Kim
    3. Mirai Nagasu

Men
    1. Jeremy Abbott
    2. Takahiko Kozuka
    3. Daisuke Takahashi
    OMG I totally agree with these choices!

On the Ice
    1- Joubert
    2 - Verner
    3 - Pluchenko

(4 - Takahashi, 5 - Oda, 6 - Kontesti, 7 - Chan)

it's my dream

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemy View Post
    1- Joubert
    2 - Verner
    3 - Pluchenko

it's my dream
    I really like that podium!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemy View Post
    1- Joubert
    2 - Verner
    3 - Pluchenko

it's my dream
    I love your podium!

Ladies:
    1. Michelle Kwan. Kidding. Obviously.
    1. Yuna/Mao (rooting a little more for Yuna, Mao's gotta clean up her act)
    2. Mao/Yuna
    3. Mirai

Men:
    As long as Dai's on it, I'm cool (granted that he skates with the same passion shown at the Olympics). 8)

Pairs:
    1. P/T or S/S (rooting a little more for P/T though)
    2. S/S or P/T
    3. Surprise me.

Rinkside
    Ladies:
    0. Kween
    1. Lepisto
    2. Yu-Na
    3. Leonova

Men:
    1. Jeremy
    2. Daisuke
    3. Rippon
    Last edited by jBroxton7001; 03-16-2010 at 09:09 AM.

Custom Title
    Men:

1.) Joubert
    2.) Tomas
    3.) Daisuke

Ladies:

1.) Yuna
    2.) Mirai
    3.) Carolina

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast