Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dream Podiums for Worlds

Banned
    Interesting, that a lot off people want D-W will be over V-M. Why? You think D-W must be on top in Vancouver?
    I think D-W will be on top at this WCh only because canadians will not have any judge at this WCh.
    Hope V-M will have 3 amazing perfomances and will skate for audience

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by npa View Post
    Interesting, that a lot off people want D-W will be over V-M. Why? You think D-W must be on top in Vancouver?
    I think D-W will be on top at this WCh only because canadians will not have any judge at this WCh.
    Hope V-M will have 3 amazing perfomances and will skate for audience
    Maybe some people want something other than the most predictable. Or maybe they just prefer D/W to V/M---there are many posters who do.

I doubt not having a Canadian judge on the panel will make any difference in the result.

Banned
    Yes, maybe people love D-W more and maybe they have more fans, but Kerrs have many fans, but who talk, that they must win?
    I think now V-M skated in there own leage. But they didt have a lot off time for geatherin for WCh.
    I hope F-S will be on the podium, because it will be there home WCh, because they have graete OD and i LOVE there FD.
    And i hope Samuelson-Bates will skate greate!

Medalist
    this is a very american dominated board. yankees everywhere.

Medalist
    Davis and White will win due to:

-1.Igor and Marina's politicking. Yes, they politick for them. due to their lack of medals. OR
    -2.They just skate better than V/M at the event.

hopefully if they do it will be due to #2. They're quite good. I like their OD. Fun.

Rinkside
    Men:
    1. Abbott
    2. Takahashi
    3. Kozuka

Ladies:
    1. Nagasu
    2. Ando
    3. Suzuki

Pairs:
    1. Pang/Tong
    2. Savchenko/Szolkowy
    3. Dube/Davison

Dance:
    1. Virtue/Moir
    2. Davis/White
    3. Kerr/Kerr

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by piano18 View Post
    Davis and White will win due to:

-1.Igor and Marina's politicking. Yes, they politick for them. due to their lack of medals. OR
    -2.They just skate better than V/M at the event.

hopefully if they do it will be due to #2. They're quite good. I like their OD. Fun.
    And you are canadian?
    Its funn - i think Igor and Marina wish V-M will be second at this WCh, because if they will be second they will not retierd
    I think Igor wish medals for american team. Maybe he want OG for team from USA (Marina talk a lot about politick work for D-W this season), but Scott skated in OD, like he never skate before.
    I wish Mao win WCh ober Yu-Na - i love this rivality and love both girls.

Ladies
    1. Miki
    2. Mao
    3. Yu-Na

Men
    1. Nobunari
    2. Daisuke
    3. Takahiko

Japanese sweep in the Men's event!

Pairs
    1. Qing & Jian
    2. Aliona & Robin
    3. Dan & Hao

I think these teams are going.

Ice Dance
    1. Federica & Massimo
    2. Meryl & Charlie
    3. Sinead & John

Custom Title
    And you are canadian?
    Its funn - i think Igor and Marina wish V-M will be second at this WCh, because if they will be second they will not retierd
    I think Igor wish medals for american team. Maybe he want OG for team from USA (Marina talk a lot about politick work for D-W this season), but Scott skated in OD, like he never skate before.
    I wish Mao win WCh ober Yu-Na - i love this rivality and love both girls.
    I'm Canadian. I want Virtue/Moir to win. I want them to continue on for another season. If winning means they'll retire, than yeah, I'm rooting for another silver medal. They've already got the big one, and the way the did it was so perfect that I don't mind if they don't do it again this season. I really do wonder about the division people keep mentioning though. But in a vacuum (pretending that these things don't have future reprocussions).

MEN
    1. Patrick Chan
    2. Daisuke Takakashi (I prefer him to Chan, but I want Takahashi to win gold next year)
    3. Tomas Verner

W/ Abbott and Rippon enough to keep three spots.

Women
    1 (tie). Yu Na Kim and Mao Asada (because really, it would be so funny)
    3. Carolina Kostner (dammit Carolina. Just once. Or is Marchei competing? If so, than Laura Lepisto)

Pairs
    1. Savchenko/Szolkowy (with a perfect long program)
    2. Pang/Tong
    3. Dube/Davison (ditto)

Dance
    1. Virtue/Moir
    2. Davis/White
    3. Faiella/Scali

I wouldn't be surprised to see my dance dream pretty much dead on.

Custom Title
    Well since I only really follow women's...

1). Yu-na: I'd just love for her to finish this season undefeated and on a high note. I mean, if she retires after this season, I'd like it that her last skate is amazing. If not, then as a great follow-up to the stunning Olympic victory.

2). Mao Asada- Okay, maybe I'm being mean here by putting Mao behind Yu-na... but she is Yu-na's rival and closest competition. If both girls skate flawless in SP and FS (which I'm hoping for), then it'll be close. Buuut, as Yu-na is my fav and I'm rooting for her.... XD In my opinion, CURRENTLY, Yu-na and Mao are in a field by themselves (my own personal opinion). Of course, we have up and coming skaters like Mirai who could become a major threat in a year or two, but that's just how I see the standings currently

3). Mirai. Because her skating is lovely. Just fix those jumps. But lovely spins and spirals :wub: And she's so energetic and bright when she skates!

Custom Title
    Here are my predictions. I am assuming that none of olympic champions will return for these worlds and neither would the more mature skaters who only return for the olympics.

Men
    1. Jeremy Abbott
    2. Daisuke Takahashi
    3. Dennis Ten

Ladies
    1. Mao Asada
    2. Mirai Nagasu
    3. Miki Ando

Pairs
    1. Kavaguti/Smirnov
    2. Pong/Tang
    3. Savchenko/Szolkowy

Dance
    1. Davis/White
    2. Faiella/Scalli
    3. Kerr/Kerr

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzz View Post
    Here are my predictions. I am assuming that none of olympic champions will return for these worlds and neither would the more mature skaters who only return for the olympics.

Men
    1. Jeremy Abbott
    2. Daisuke Takahashi
    3. Dennis Ten

Ladies
    1. Mao Asada
    2. Mirai Nagasu
    3. Miki Ando

Pairs
    1. Kavaguti/Smirnov
    2. Pong/Tang
    3. Savchenko/Szolkowy

Dance
    1. Davis/White
    2. Faiella/Scalli
    3. Kerr/Kerr
    This your dream prediction or your real prediction? Because if it's your real predictions I just have to point out 5 things: 1.) Jeremy is inconsistent as hell 2.) Daisuke is hardly more consistent than Jermey 3.) Dennis Ten competes way too much and because of it he just finished 9th at JUNIOR worlds, meaning there's no way he's medaling here, he won't get the PCS for it anyway even if he is clean 4.) There's no way Plushenko will be off the podium and 5.) The chances of Yuna finishing off the podium are even slimmer than that of Plushenko

Custom Title
    Yes, maybe people love D-W more and maybe they have more fans, but Kerrs have many fans, but who talk, that they must win?
    I think now V-M skated in there own leage. But they didt have a lot off time for geatherin for WCh.
    I hope F-S will be on the podium, because it will be there home WCh, because they have graete OD and i LOVE there FD.
    And i hope Samuelson-Bates will skate greate!
    The title of this thread is DREAM PODIUMS. For D/W fans, the dance dream podium would have D/W on top. Capisce?

Custom Title
    For the ladies:
    1. Kim
    2. Asada
    3. Suzuki (it's a dream podium, after all)

For the men:
    1. Takahashi (Happy Birthday!!! I hope you win gold!)
    2. Kozuka
    3. Rippon

For the pairs: I don't really care. Shen and Zhao already fulfilled my wish at the Olympics. Pang and Tong for gold, I guess.

For ice dance:
    1. Davis/White and Virtue/Moir -- DREAM, remember? I'm not really interested in the other teams...

Custom Title
    My predictions are a mix of both dreams and what I think will actually happen. If Plushy turns up I hope he wins, and I like Dennis I hope he does well. But when it comes to the men I have no idea who will medals because they all more or less to me seems to be at the same level.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast