Dream Podiums for Worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Dream Podiums for Worlds

Buzzz

Final Flight
Here are my predictions. I am assuming that none of olympic champions will return for these worlds and neither would the more mature skaters who only return for the olympics.

Men
1. Jeremy Abbott
2. Daisuke Takahashi
3. Dennis Ten

Ladies
1. Mao Asada
2. Mirai Nagasu
3. Miki Ando

Pairs
1. Kavaguti/Smirnov
2. Pong/Tang
3. Savchenko/Szolkowy

Dance
1. Davis/White
2. Faiella/Scalli
3. Kerr/Kerr

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Here are my predictions. I am assuming that none of olympic champions will return for these worlds and neither would the more mature skaters who only return for the olympics.

Men
1. Jeremy Abbott
2. Daisuke Takahashi
3. Dennis Ten

Ladies
1. Mao Asada
2. Mirai Nagasu
3. Miki Ando

Pairs
1. Kavaguti/Smirnov
2. Pong/Tang
3. Savchenko/Szolkowy

Dance
1. Davis/White
2. Faiella/Scalli
3. Kerr/Kerr

This your dream prediction or your real prediction? Because if it's your real predictions I just have to point out 5 things: 1.) Jeremy is inconsistent as hell 2.) Daisuke is hardly more consistent than Jermey 3.) Dennis Ten competes way too much and because of it he just finished 9th at JUNIOR worlds, meaning there's no way he's medaling here, he won't get the PCS for it anyway even if he is clean 4.) There's no way Plushenko will be off the podium and 5.) The chances of Yuna finishing off the podium are even slimmer than that of Plushenko

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, maybe people love D-W more and maybe they have more fans, but Kerrs have many fans, but who talk, that they must win?
I think now V-M skated in there own leage. But they didt have a lot off time for geatherin for WCh.
I hope F-S will be on the podium, because it will be there home WCh, because they have graete OD and i LOVE there FD.
And i hope Samuelson-Bates will skate greate!

The title of this thread is DREAM PODIUMS. For D/W fans, the dance dream podium would have D/W on top. Capisce?

Ren

On the Ice
For the ladies:
1. Kim
2. Asada
3. Suzuki (it's a dream podium, after all)

For the men:
1. Takahashi (Happy Birthday!!! I hope you win gold!)
2. Kozuka
3. Rippon

For the pairs: I don't really care. Shen and Zhao already fulfilled my wish at the Olympics. Pang and Tong for gold, I guess.

For ice dance:
1. Davis/White and Virtue/Moir -- DREAM, remember? :) I'm not really interested in the other teams...

Buzzz

Final Flight
My predictions are a mix of both dreams and what I think will actually happen. If Plushy turns up I hope he wins, and I like Dennis I hope he does well. :) But when it comes to the men I have no idea who will medals because they all more or less to me seems to be at the same level.

Big Deal

Final Flight
Ladies:
1. Yu-na Kim.
2.Mao Asada.
3. Mirai Nagasu

Men:
1. Daisuke Takahashi.
2.Patrick Chan.
3.Jeremy Abbott.(Actually he can WIN this, if he puts himself together ala John Curry!)

Pairs:
1.Pang-Tong
2.Savchenko-Szolkowy
3.Mukhortova-Trankov.

Dance:
1. Virtue-Moir
2.Davis-White
3.Faiella-Scali

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Just wonderful and no matter what I am just so happy that he gets to do that LP on the world stage. Just go for it Ryan!!

I absolutely love that program and if he manages to do two quads and a 3-3 like he did at nats, even without a 3a, I think that program would be very competitive. He's a real crowd pleaser and that's just what we need, especially where Tomas has withdrawn.

Final Flight
in general, i feel like i'm getting tired of everyones programs. the olympics was like THE competition and i felt like we saw everything already. the worlds after an olympics is always very..."filler"
the impact of some programs, for example, virtue and moir's FD won't b the same. it's like an overplayed song on the radio. kim yu-na too....i'm hoping to be entertained by surprise podiums.

too bad delobel/schoenfelder's FD was designed for a one time use....i want a repeat of 2008 worlds with Davis/white's samson and delilah! but....go phantom!:agree:
Men
1. Jeremy Abbott
2. Florent Amodio
3. Michal Brezina

Ladies
1. Kim Yuna
2. Mao Asada
3. Laura Lepisto

Pairs
1. Kavaguti/Smirnov
2. Pang/Tong
3. Savchenko/Szolkowy

Dance
1. Davis/White
2. Faiella/Scalli
3. Virtue /Moir

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Interesting, that a lot off people want D-W will be over V-M. Why? You think D-W must be on top in Vancouver?
Many people like D&W and V&M about the same. V&M got the "big one" in Vancouver. People want D&W to have the next best thing - the World Gold medal.

oleada

Record Breaker
Ladies: Asada, Lepisto, Nagasu (Nagasu/Lepisto are interchangeable in podium order)
Men: Takahashi, Joubert, Abbott
Pairs: Savchenko/Szolkowy to win gold, Mukhortova/Trankov on the podium

ARipp42014

Medalist
Ladies
1) Yuna
2) Mirai
3) Mao
4) Miki
5) Laura

Mens
1) Dice-K
2) J-Abb
3) A-Ripp
4) P-Chiddy
5) Czech Buttle

However, in another dream, it will be a Japanese Sweep

Dance
1) a tie between Merlie & Voir
3) Rica & Massi
4) Nat & Fab
5) Kerrs-squared

Pairs
1) Pang & Tong
2) Ali & Robin
3) Yuko & Sasha (at least to redeem themselves from finishing 4th)

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Ladies
  1. Kim
  2. Nagasu
  3. Gedevanishvili
  4. Asada
  5. Ando
  6. Makarova

Men
  1. Joubert
  2. Takahashi
  3. Ten
  4. Abbott
  5. Voronov
  6. Van Der Perren

Pairs
  1. Pang & Tong
  2. Kavaguti & Smirnov
  3. Savchenko & Szolkowy
  4. Mukhortova & Trankov
  5. Zhang & Zhang
  6. Dube & Davison

Dance
  1. Davis & White
  2. Virtue & Moir
  3. Kokhlova & Novitski
  4. Kerr & Kerr
  5. Pechalat & Bourzat
  6. Zaretski & Zaretski

silverlake22

Record Breaker
^^ You really like Van Der Perren that much? I kinda find his basic skating to be second rate, but he's pretty cute :laugh:

npa

Match Penalty
Many people like D&W and V&M about the same. V&M got the "big one" in Vancouver. People want D&W to have the next best thing - the World Gold medal.

But this teams a very different, and there skating is very different.
I cant understand, how people live both teams anf could wish V-M to lose.....
I think V-M skate in there own World. Maybe they will retirement soon and then all could be happy with D-W golds :laugh:
Hope V-M will ne strong at WCh.

Ituriel

On the Ice
Keep Dreaming :love:

Men

Joubert
Daisuke
Abott

Ladies

Yu Na
Mao
Don't Know

Pairs

Aliona & Robin
Pang & Tong
Maria & Maxim (please, don't retire, don't split)

Dance
Virtue & Moir (please, don't retire, not definitely)
Davis & White
Khokhlova & Novitski