Why is China allowed to send three pairs to 2010 Jr. Worlds | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Why is China allowed to send three pairs to 2010 Jr. Worlds

watchvancouver

Match Penalty
I Heck, even I know the rules, and I have nothing at all at stake in the matter.

Yes, if they are candidates for junior worlds they most certainly do. Wouldn't you, if this were your dream? They are not stupid. It would be a shame if they were to start pretending to be stupid now.

You're contradicting yourself here. If Jr. pairs competiton is really that important, why the other skating federations did not figure out the illegal entries in the first place and stopped it from happening? I mean, they have more at stake than a couple of fans on goldenskate, i assume. So why? Were they also bought by the Chinese federation? :love:

Again, figure skating fans are just dillusional from time to time.

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
US officials noticed right away, but assumed the ISU would take care of it and bar the #3 team from competing. Other federations must have been aware of it too. According to "Eislauffen" (who writes competition reports for the ISU web page), the media were well aware of it as well, and wondered why nothing was done about it.

In my cynical opinion, the ISU allowed the third team to compete because they're going out of their way to kowtow to the Asian federations, who've been hosting many of the events. The ISU just didn't expect the outcry after the fact.

Last edited:
To expect these non-English speaking kids know or care the details of those ever-changing rules is just ridiculous....Yao could not even his young pair skater's name... I doubt many coaches or skaters have the time to study anything irrelavant to them.

You are portraying the Chinese as morons. I'm not buying it.

PROKOFIEV

On the Ice
It is really hard to believe this story. Mathman, i agree with you. They knew exactly what they were doing.

Raennie

Spectator
ISU knew it fairly well too. Seee, if someone's letting you board a plane without purchasing the ticket, will you do it. Same thing here. ;)