Scott Hamilton on BIOGRAPHY | Golden Skate

Scott Hamilton on BIOGRAPHY

Nadine

Record Breaker
Since I didn't see a thread about this I decided to start one. :)

I caught this special totally by accident tonight. I mean I saw it advertised on BIO a couple of times this past month, but I wasn't planning on watching it, didn't mark my calendar or anything, nevertheless as fate would have it, there it was, lol.

Seriously, I'm glad I watched it, though I think I missed some of it. The parts I did see were inspiring, funny, and well worth watching.

I'm pretty familiar with Scott's story.....the illness as a young boy......being adopted, his skating, his skating successes, the Olympic Gold Medal, formation of SOI, wild life, commentating jobs, settling down as he got older, cancer, getting into God, marrying a beautiful nice Christian woman, having a child, getting sick again (this time a benign tumour in his brain), having another miracle baby, getting back on the ice again, etc. Yet seeing it first hand/right in front of me on the big screen made it brand new all over again. Different telling of the story, up-to-date one on one with Scott, his wife, his doctors, his friends, et al. It's like he's come full circle, which was more than evident when it was revealed that he most likely was born with the benign brain tumour, which stunted his growth and wasn't detected because more than likely his skating prevented its further growth. His "mysterious illness" was really in fact this benign brain tumour, whose symptoms disappeared as soon as Scott started skating, and reappeared as soon as he stopped skating after his retirement. He's back where he started, full circle.

I'm pretty sure Scott's special will appear again on BIO, you just need to check the times, it really is worth a watch, especially if you love skating!:rock:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I learned something new. Scott was undefeated for 14 straight competitions for 3-4 years after winning his first national title. That is insane. Will that record ever be broken?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oooo they've updated his biography???? must see it... but how... hmmmm we don't have that channel on our satellite package.

I think it's time he update his autobiography, too.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I watched it last night. Would not have known it was on without my husband channel surfing (which he does all the time). I thought it was pretty good. Some old information along with the new. He sure has had his ups and downs throughout his life. Glad to see him skating again, it must have been very hard to get back into it. I hope he keeps it up. He wife seems very supportive and his two little boys are so adorable.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We played it back last night. It was a very touching, uplifting story. I got choked up in some of the parts. Toni, I hope you eventually get to see it!