Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Evan and his DWTS Partner

Would like to answer YES to Joesitz question BUT I think the judges will give Nicole perfect scores just to make sure she wins.
    I reaaly didn't care for her Tango on Monday.
    GO Evan!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I don't know the results of the other night, but I did read this morning he made the Finals with Erin and Nicole. So we have 1 guy battling it out with 2 gals.

Since we do not want to hurt the gals' feelings, we will find one dropped next time out followed by the other succombing to Evan who will keep the chain of Oly winners in tact. No?
    It's always a final 3 competition. This week was the semi-finales with 4. Next week, all 3 teams were perform multiple times for the judges scores. Then the public votes and who ever has the best combined oridinals will win.

People vote for different reasons - best dancer (Nicole), most improved (I would've said Chad, but he's not a choice in the finals. Can't decide between Erin and Evan.), or most popular (I think their fan bases are pretty equal. Tom Bergeron did note that each of the final 4 had gotten the most public votes at least one week during the competition. Another example, Marie Osmond made it to the final 3 based upon her popularity because she wasn't the best nor was she the most improved.) Heck, some people even deliberately vote to keep the worst person in.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Evan's Paso Doble was hot hot hot and really very good. I think Erin will win the thing though as she was most improved. Nicole is so far above everybody else it is ridiculous. I loved her Tango, but I can't root for her as she went to a performing arts high school and has been dancing for years. Come on. She should not have been on the show.

Custom Title
    Evan and Anna´s Paso Doble encore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFGYK3NV2E

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    Evan and Anna´s Paso Doble encore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFGYK3NV2E
    The Pasa Doble was very special. I would give him the award for most improved from day 1, easily. He did show signs of it in his rendition of Don Jose (Carmen) on skates. He has the makings and looks of a good Spanish dancer. I'm thinking about him and Sasha doing a Spanish like duet in SOI.

Great interview with Evan on Good Day LA.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/good_day_...-gdla-20100518

Custom Title
    Thanks so much for the encore youtube! Even better the second time around! I don't know who will win. I'd love Evan to win, but I love Erin,too- she's a doll and she's been so brave. And I think Nicole gets bashed probably sometimes unfairly (by me, as well).

Joesitz, I love your Evan/Sasha idea. I'd LOVE for Sasha to try to compete in pairs- she'd be so special, and she's the perfect weight to make lifts a cinch.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I voted for Evan...I hope he wins....If he doesn't I know this experience will help his skating....I hope he keeps Anna for chorography...He really put his heart and soul into it.....WIN...WIN...WIN.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    The Pasa Doble was very special. I would give him the award for most improved from day 1, easily. He did show signs of it in his rendition of Don Jose (Carmen) on skates. He has the makings and looks of a good Spanish dancer. I'm thinking about him and Sasha doing a Spanish like duet in SOI.
    Yes, Evan has improved a lot. His Paso Doble is the most awesome, but he was really great also e.g. in Quickstep, Futuristic Cha-Cha-Cha, Argentinian Tango and Foxtrot, too. I wonder what music he will have for the finals?

That is a very good idea about Evan and Sasha!!!
    Last edited by Jaana; 05-21-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ranjake View Post
    Joesitz, I love your Evan/Sasha idea. I'd LOVE for Sasha to try to compete in pairs- she'd be so special, and she's the perfect weight to make lifts a cinch.
    I really think it is too late for a competitive Pairs team, but for show skating I think they could rework all those dances to ice for nifty routines in SOI and other skating shows. The lifts do not have to be so acrabatic as in Pairs, but ballet and spanish lifts in Dance.

It's time for coaches to start teaching pas de deux to all Single skaters for show purposes. How about Brezina/Nagasu?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Great interview with Evan on Good Day LA.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/good_day_...-gdla-20100518
    dammm he looks hot there. I love when he wears his hair like that !

On the Ice
    Evan and Anna are choosing to repeat their Argentine Tango as their favorite dance of the season. And, in a twist, the other two couples both chose the AT as well! This is the first time that the finalists have all chosen the same repeat dance. It will be interesting to be able to compare the three routines back-to-back-to-back. Personally, even though Nicole is obviously a better dancer, I greatly preferred Evan's. Of course, I am biased. But to me, Evan & Anna had a lot more chemistry in their AT than Nicole and Derek had in theirs.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Evan tonight. I hope he wins or Erin. Your thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Evan tonight. I hope he wins or Erin. Your thoughts???
    I am hoping Evan wins. The scores for their FD last night were garbage. I don't get the low scores the judges gave Evan and Anna. It was obvious they did not like it but IMO it was performed pretty darn perfect and with a lot of energy and the timing was right on, that is pretty difficult to do. They deserved a higher score than 24. It was almost as if their score was predestined to happen. After the fluff they had on with Anna and Evan disagreeing and Anna crying and all. The cynic in me says that it may have been all staged, for what reason I haven't a clue. After last night I think Erin has a good chance to win that Crystal Ball.

I am not much of a voting girl, but I voted for Evan last night. I think the freestyle round could be scrapped anyway. It doesn't really tap into the growth arc from the ballroom/latin dances that the stars do up to that point. It's a shame that you can't do a fusion of two standard dance styles-the pros and the stars would be more comfortable and I think the dances would come out better. I didn't even like Kristi's freestyle that much and she was great all the way through.

Also, it was odd that they depicted all this last minute "friction" between Evan and Anna- I don't think that was reflective of their total partnership. Both seem to be professional workaholics- not angsty dramatic individuals.

It would be cool if Evan could take the win, but I think Nicole will probably win. She performs well, but I have never mustered up too much excitement for her. I like Erin, but their freestyle was not dancing to me.

Disclaimer: I only watch this show when a figure skater is competing!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast