Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Evan and his DWTS Partner

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    My prediction is that the top three will be Evan, Nicole and Pamela.

If judged on their dancing alone I would predict:

1. Nicole
    2. Evan
    3. Pamela

but coupled with the the audience and fan voting I would predict:

Evan/Pamela 1-2 either order with Nicole coming in 3rd.

Pamela has a good chance to win the trophy. She is improving every week, she is nice to look at, she has a bubbly personality and comes cross as a sweet person also she is a Mom, as we get down to the wire I am pretty sure she will pick up more and more votes from the viewing audience.
    I like watching Pamela each week and enjoy her rapid improvements, but I see Nicole/Evan as the last two standing before the announcements. JMO.

A friend once told me that after a survey of voters, it was shown that Women by far cast most the votes. If they think Evan is considered as a "hottie" he will probably win. Not unlike 'Idol', I believe more males than females win, and definitely not a gay type. But Nicole, imo, has the most talent.

How important is the figure skating vote is not certain.

Nicole Scherzinger has a lot of dance experience fronting the Pussycat Dolls. This group started out more as a dance ensemble than a pop singing group, and is still known more for its sizzling choreography than for the vocals.

As for the figure skating vote, it is hard to guess whether there are enough hard-core Evan fans voting over and over to get him to the top. Kristi Yamaguchi’s fan base weighed in strong, but then Kristi was the best cancer that season anyway.

Fans of Olympic gymnastics rallied to give Shawn Johnson the title in her season, even though she was not the best dancer of her group. Apollo Ono also had enough of a fan base to win. Maybe Canadians will rally around Pamela Anderson.

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    Could someone give me the link to the x-ray of Evan's toes?

According to his twitter, he bumped his head and got a concussion today..... I hope he's all right..... he's coming to my city this week....

And I don't think Pamela will make the final 3 - she's been in the bottom 2 twice....

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Kristi Yamaguchi’s fan base weighed in strong, but then Kristi was the best cancer that season anyway.
    I don't think that's a nice way to describe Yama

Well the judges didn't like his samba tonight.. BUT all I can say is SHAKE IT EVAN!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post

As for the figure skating vote, it is hard to guess whether there are enough hard-core Evan fans voting over and over to get him to the top. Kristi Yamaguchi’s fan base weighed in strong, but then Kristi was the best cancer that season anyway.
    I'm guessing that cancer was a misprint, and am hoping that Mathman meant to type in dancer!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhar55 View Post
    Well the judges didn't like his samba tonight.. BUT all I can say is SHAKE IT EVAN!!!!!!
    Ditto. I thought it was great. Realistically how many of the couples follow the strict basics of a dance. If they are going to get picky start by choosing the correct music that goes with the dance. I guess Nicole's shimmy shimmy shake is what the judges were looking for. No way could Evan compete with her on that aspect. lol.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Sorry Joe, but I don't agree. Evan may be able to do the steps, but I was watching him tonight and I finally figured out what bugs me about his ballroom dancing. Evan does not have the body and grace of a dancer. His arms are too long. He looks akward and gangly at times. I don't think Evan would suit ice dance either.

Evan and Nicole should be in the final 2.

The Pussycat Dolls are pretty popular - even amongst women - and Nicole was their front woman. She's going for a solo career now. She's definitely the best dancer and seems like a hard working, nice woman. She's definitely not relying on conveying a sexy persona to sell herself to the voters.

I think the judges have a preference for Erin in the 3rd spot. She has 'dance' experience as part of her college dance cheer group.

Chad O was the odds on favorite in Vegas to win, at the beginning of the season. The guy has some charm and there are a lot of NFL fans out there that got Jerry Rice to his final 3. For me, Emmett Smith was a good winner and Warren Sapp came in 2nd. So, if Chad continues to improve, he has a shot as the 3rd finalist iMO.
    Last edited by heyang; 04-27-2010 at 08:11 AM.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I missed Evan's dance last night but just watched on youtube. He has style and grace and the body of a dancer. I loved his dance....good job Evan, you looked terrific.

Evan's Samba

Thanks Dee was nice to rewatch. Watching Evan trying to do that flip over Ana he's just too tall to do that type of trick with her.
    It's wonder he didn't break his neck....

I think Evan is applying too much foot muscle from skating and not enough foot muscle for dancing. That is why the complaint is often said about his not being able to use his feet properly. One can understand that when thinking about the skate itself. It does not allow a person to arch his feet. One can not rise to one's toes on skates. The best a skater can do is to get on his toe rake but that is not using the arch in his foot. Kristi probably had enough dance instruction while skating to know the difference.

Other than that, his Samba was typical Euro/N.American style of dancing on the upbeat and not on the down beat which is characteristic in Carribbean and Brazilian ballroom dances. (The Tango is NOT a Carribbean dance). Also his upper body did not resemble any kind of Samba movements. It was all basic waltz positions.

But he was not the only one. Most had the same problem. Of course, Nicole knew how to get down in a latin dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I think Evan is applying too much foot muscle from skating and not enough foot muscle for dancing. That is why the complaint is often said about his not being able to use his feet properly. One can understand that when thinking about the skate itself. It does not allow a person to arch his feet. One can not rise to one's toes on skates. The best a skater can do is to get on his toe rake but that is not using the arch in his foot. Kristi probably had enough dance instruction while skating to know the difference.

Other than that, his Samba was typical Euro/N.American style of dancing on the upbeat and not on the down beat which is characteristic in Carribbean and Brazilian ballroom dances. (The Tango is NOT a Carribbean dance). Also his upper body did not resemble any kind of Samba movements. It was all basic waltz positions.

But he was not the only one. Most had the same problem. Of course, Nicole knew how to get down in a latin dance.
    Thanks for your insights.
    I thought Evan's Samba was a "pretty" enough looking dance - but agree with you that it did not look much like a samba.
    Although Evan is doing very well I think his dances are starting to all look the same.

Question - if Evan returns to competitive skating will this dance experience be beneficial to his skating?

His critics will never admit this but Evan the skater has a very good line. We see it easily in his dancing.
    Being able to interpret rhythms is a different skill. (Oda and Brezina are good at this but imo lack Evan's line).

It would be nice if Evan could show more rhythmic expression/variation in his skating.

I would hope that Evan learns from this experience and that it translates to teh ice.

personally I think SOI is bad for his DWTS competition - but I'd rather he keep skating than focus everything on the dang 'reality' show.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    What a good guy Tony Dovolani is!
    http://omg.yahoo.com/news/dancings-t...est-part/40067

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast