Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lambiel retires from skating competition

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    this is videos from art on ice that Stephane is currently headlining
    Little Zebra looking at the snow is back (I saw it again and so many memories popped)
    A new exhibiton with singer Anastacia

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey19 View Post
    We all knew this was going to happen, but still... It's extremely sad to imagine that we will never again see his spark in competition.
    Even with mistakes on the jumps, he was always among the very best, and he will always be. For me, he is the best men's skater I've ever seen. No one can match his artistry, his intricate, yet passionate programs and performances and, most of all, his amazing spins. He moved me very deeply several times - he is a true artist, and a true champion. He is the closest I've seen to the "complete package", as he excels at steps, spins, moves in the field, and art. Figure skating will desperately miss him.
    Thank you Stephane, for all the great moments, in galas as well as in competition.
    Thanks, beautifully put, and ITA.

I've loved him since seeing his Chocolat program in 2003. It's been incredible to witness a skater with his talent and passion grow and mature over the years. I think Stephane has spoiled me forever as far as men's skating is concerned. IMO no one skates with the combination of musicality, movement quality, freedom and spirit that he does on the ice. He's truly a dancer and an artist at heart, and with beautiful skating skills to boot. I can't put into the words the joy his skating has brought me. Every generation of two there would come a skater that will be remembered for doing something truly special and taking the sport to a different level. For me, he was THAT skater of this generation. I'm so grateful that we have all the memorable performances by him on video to watch over and over and over.
    Last edited by shine; 03-09-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I, too, am going to miss Stephane....his dance and passion were the best!!! He always made me want to smoke after I saw him skate.

Dedicated follower of the black line Wicked's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I, too, am going to miss Stephane....his dance and passion were the best!!! He always made me want to smoke after I saw him skate.

Custom Title
    He was THAT good for you, huh?

I really thought the last time he retired was truly "it," but then he came back, but then I was disappointed in his Olys, kinda sad for Stephane and his fans. I almost can't say I believe he's retiring this time, I've got "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice ..." playing in my head. Even so I do tend to think he's not coming back this time. He's lost a lot of ground technically.

Custom Title
    Aww, I'm gonna miss Lamby

Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    Even so I do tend to think he's not coming back this time. He's lost a lot of ground technically.
    This is why I think he means it this time.

Custom Title
    A great athlete and artist. Sure hope he finds paths to perform in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Binthere View Post
    A great athlete and artist. Sure hope he finds paths to perform in North America.
    Me too. I am looking forward to seeing him on the Thin Ice show.

Rinkside
    AMEN to that last comment

His chemistry is amazing in person. I saw Stephane perform last year in "Festa on Ice" in South Korea and he owned it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2