What are some classical music you want more skaters perform to? | Golden Skate

What are some classical music you want more skaters perform to?

nubka

Final Flight
Just about anything from a Midsummer Night's Dream. The Nocturn, in particular, is hauntingly beautiful.

Simoncat

Rinkside
I have always loved both Cinderella and Stone Flower by Profiviev,also Glazunov,The Seasons,and Delibes Sylvia ballet. Also something other than the piano concertos by Rachmaninoff.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I'd love someone to do Ravel's Piano Concerto in G... it has so many layers, haunting at times, playful at others, even a bit jazzy. Here is a link to the first movement if anyone wants to hear it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eowsQEn7SKo&feature=related

I'd like someone to do Rachmaninoff's Second Piano Concerto... it has such depth, on the right skater, it would be amazing... but everyone always skates to his Third Concerto.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Rach #2 has been used a lot, sometimes with #3.

There are so I would love to see skaters use, sometimes I will be listening to the radio and hear a greatskating piece but never even find out the name. The ones coming to mind right now "Rubies" from the ballet Jewels. Some of Mozart's lesser used works, Choplin's Polinase. La Ginochia could be charming for the right skater.

Simoncat

Rinkside
The Chopin Piano Concerto #2 has not been used to my knowledge,and it is beautiful. Also LeCoq d'Or hasn'tbeen used recently. Rondo Veneziano has some interesting takes on classical music,some of which has been used successfully in the past for short programmes. Vivaldi has some guitar concertos which are beautiful. Some of the Korngold film scores are interesting. I keep thiinking of the music Spellbound,but I don't know the composer. I know Casablanca will be forever associated with Kurt Browning-it was unforgettable to see in person-but it might be an interesting programme for dancers such as VM or DW.

miki88

Medalist
Debussy's "Isle of Joy". More dramatic and intriguing than "Claire de Lune". I haven't seen any skater perform to this piece yet.